Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HELP and Encouragement >

HELP and Encouragement

HELP and Encouragement

Old 10-06-2010, 06:45 AM

I don't think it's ever a waste. There is always SOMEONE who needs, wants, and/or would cherish a quilt. YOU may not consider them 'works of art', but I bet they are! I feel the same way you do....I just LOVE making them, every part of it! It's my 'release' and stress reliever. So if you don't have someone to give them to.....it doesn't matter! Quilt girl, quilt!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:54 AM

Please please don't be discouraged...Most of all do it because YOU enjoy it. As for the need of the quilts there is always a never ending need for Lap sized quilts at nursing homes and VA hospitals . They appreciate them so very much. Keep your chin up and keep right on quilting !
Old 10-06-2010, 07:01 AM

Continue with your love for quilting. There is a huge need for quilts of all types. The child quilt you are working on would make a child, sick, lost things due to flood or fire or other catastrophe a warmfeeling of hope and love.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:01 AM

Don't worry about what she is saying too you.

If you enjoy quilting keep it up.

Put it in your will now that your quilts and supplies goes to someone who will enjoy them.

I will take one and I would be proud to own it too.

Life is too short enjoy it when you have it.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:16 AM

How well I know what JFowles enjoys. I am currently working to finish a quilt I started a couple of years ago with no recipient in mind. I just bought musical themed fabrics and put together the top thinking of our community play
house. It has languished in the state of sandwiched and basted waiting for an inspiration. Then a few days ago I learned that the box office lady was in an auto accident and it in the hospital in serious condition. There will be a benefit performance next month for her. TA DA! I shall finish it this month and it will be raffled off for her! One does not always have a plan in mind...Life somehow works everything out.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:17 AM

Would u b sad if u stopped quilting ??? Everyone has a passion as time goes on there will be someone to give them to !!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:22 AM

There are so many charities that would be grateful to get them.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:24 AM

I agree with the other posts. Quilting is what you love. If you were an artist, you would still spend money on paints and brushes and paint pictures just because you like them. This is the same with quilting.

If you want them to go to good homes and recoup some money, I bet you could advertise them and people who appreciated quilting would be happy to buy them. Most people don't have a source to buy a quilt, and many have childhood memories of them, as well as appreciating the time and love that goes into them.

Susan
Old 10-06-2010, 07:27 AM

We have madee quilts for children who are whisked out of their home for some reason by the police or Children's services. To receive a quilt when they have nothing else becomes a cherished item they won't let go of. Don't stop.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:28 AM

You could always donate the quilt for a fundraiser. A school or individual that needs surgery etc would greatly benefit from the proceeds generated from the sale of tickets. And the winner gets a wonderful quilt.