Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What do you do when you are not quilting? >

What do you do when you are not quilting?

What do you do when you are not quilting?

Old 10-23-2010, 01:40 PM

I take classes online (not quilting) and I plan to get back to working on my miniatures (room boxes).
Old 10-23-2010, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by marthe brault-hunt
Knit, I finally found a pattern for a scandinavian sweater i dreamt of for years.The wool will be my Xmas gift (from me to me). I do counted crosstitch, jigsaw puzzles and crosswords. After reading the board, I check the patterns that stroke my attention in my collections of books and magazines. Also read the French and English newspapers every day and I clip articles that may interest my daughter,
I knitted matching Scandanavian sweaters for the neighbor girl and her fiance whom she met in college. Later on she asked me to make two more for her and her new fiance. I asked her where the first ones I knitted were. She threw them in the garbage as she never wanted another reminder of him. Needless to say, I didn't knit the second pair.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:34 PM

Although I haven't done much the last couple of years, I got my kiln hooked up so I can start to make porcelain dolls again. I knit, crochet, tole paint, oil paint on canvas, I make most of my clothes, and of course quilt.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:40 PM

i try catching up on housework or not lol
Old 10-23-2010, 02:51 PM

I work a full time job. Spend time with my daughter when she is home from college. Go on crazy shopping trips with my BFF ( who also loves quilting and sewing and everything creative), gardening, paint barn quilts, Turkey and Deer hunting, like to read mysteries and hang out with my better half, Steve. Also try and do the domestic goddess stuff, cooking and cleaning lol
Old 10-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Banned

Machine embroider to make gifts.....Have you seen my Click-Its for sale or my ornaments?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-104978.jpe   attachment-104982.jpe   attachment-104983.jpe  
Old 10-23-2010, 04:09 PM

I make blankets for Newborns in Need, make counted crosstitch items, read, take long walks, housework.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:19 PM

I work at the Food Pantry at my Church and at the Clothung Place at my Church . I keep my Grandchildren part of the timeand quilt with some of the loacl quilters.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by karenchi
Machine embroider to make gifts.....Have you seen my Click-Its for sale or my ornaments?
What's a click-it?
Old 10-24-2010, 06:56 AM
Banned

A click - it is a book marker. Place on front and back page you are reading and it "clicks" to hold the page! People on forum have bought some and they love them...