Secret Santa 2009

Old 11-16-2009, 03:51 PM

My DH came in the door after getting mail and said, "Santa has arrived" and handed me a small pkg. (fabric I ordered from e-bay) and then handed me this big, heavy, pkg. with a smile on his face.

I admit I did shake it and roll it over to be sure of no outward damage, but now it sits on my sewing table where it shall be until the 13th.

I have no problem letting sleeping packages lie until ready to open. Hmmm, maybe I should let DD hide it.

And, I received the most beautiful Thanksgiving card from SS.

SS apparently lives in Maine, not MT.

Thank you SS. You are so thoughtful.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach

I did schedule a pick up on line for usps pick up that is where the problems started. The package was not weighed on a bathroom scale but one that actually shows oz. As for stamps.com you have to pay for the postage on line and print the stamp/label I don't have a printer. thanks for the suggestions.
Okay, Peachy, I understand. But perhaps if you called the local post office and explained the situation (shut-in, have pkg. weighed but cannot get it to them to be mailed, have plenty of postage stamps ... can they help??), someone there may be able to be of assistance.

Anyway, just got back on here and now have about 6 more pages to read, so if you've been able to get a solution to your problem, then hoo-ray for you! If not, well, I will pray that you get help somehow.

Odessa
Old 11-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by trupeach
I am fine now a little bit of a shock :shock: earlier but I am OK. I was hoping I had one of those well lets just say LATE SS. I have now looked at the box and BIG problem here. It is from Evansville In. My son knows all about SS and he loves to play jokes on me. HE HAS FRIENDS IN EVANSVILLE!!!!! He goes to mass there even though it is 3 hours from my house. Holey moley is this the real SS or did Jim have a friend send me this package. I called him and got voicemail so I couldn't ask if it was him. I wonder if he will tell me the truth. I will tell him he can't lie then he'll have to go to confession (we're catholic, he was going to be a priest) But I am sooooo confused. I PM Terri and said I got it but now I am not so sure. woooo is me what do I do?????
This is happening bc you called Mousie a Scrooge!
It's not nice to fool with the mouse, Peachy :mrgreen:
I was making an observation and then agreed with you...think you need some hot tea, slippers and remote.
Just relax Peachy, take a load off.
Make your package think you don't care, like a boyfriend 8) :mrgreen:
Don't let it see you sweat...they smell fear you know.
Ask me how I know?
When I go in my sew-cave, now...my box says, "boo!" and snickers.
Now I ask you, is that nice?
It might not be the box, it might be that smiley face on the squishy.
Although I can't see in, it does look like somebody took a pencil and poked at all four corners of my box.
I sniffed both of them...nada. Although, it seems like the box may have had a slight whiff of fabric smell. ahhh! :wink:
Old 11-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Power Poster

I got mine the other day. I was sewing and my son checked the mail. He came in with a big box. Being I never get stuff like that I figured it was for one of the two daughters. He handed it to me with a big smile and said this ones for you mom. Oh............I want to open it now. OK............I'll try to be good and not peek. It's really hard though.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:29 PM

I received mine last week and let me tell you the little elves keep me honest, this is so exciting but so very hard to be good, however I will be good. Dar
Old 11-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

I DON"T WANT TO BE GOOD :evil: :evil: :evil: I like being a bad girl!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 05:30 PM

Love the picture :D Tink will be a good SS guard :D

Old 11-16-2009, 05:37 PM

Mine is here!!!!

I thought it would be easy to ignore.... but it's not!!!! Oh my goodness!! lol

I don't know all the abbreviations for the states, so I only know it comes from America, that's it.

I didn't disguise my name when I sent mine, cause I figure the postage would give it away. *sigh* At least the insides will be a surprise! :-)
Old 11-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sandpat
Tru...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you know what they say...."no good deed goes unpunished!!" So you liked playing SS...put together a great box...when to a ton of trouble to get it in the mail and BAM!!! Now you get to listen to and watch that box....for DAYS!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome to the party! :wink:

raspberries to you.......you, you, you, you, frog lover :-P
I bet your mom wore combat boots
Old 11-16-2009, 05:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Mine is here!!!!

I thought it would be easy to ignore.... but it's not!!!! Oh my goodness!! lol

I don't know all the abbreviations for the states, so I only know it comes from America, that's it.

I didn't disguise my name when I sent mine, cause I figure the postage would give it away. *sigh* At least the insides will be a surprise! :-)
I'll help you what's the abbreviation??

I SAID I like being bad I don't have to be good anymore my SS is all safe and sound and snuggled in my living sleeping because I don't hear any sounds. Or maybe it's dead???? hope not it will smell