Favorite Breed

Old 09-30-2011, 08:09 PM

I love the Malteses, part;ly because they don't shed and I have COPD, but mostly because they are so fun to play,...but.. also love to be lap held people. They seem to have more sense than some people so I still call them human. LOL They are also smart.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Minnisewta
...would love to get a Golden Doodle but my husband can't get around the "poodle" part, he hates poodles,
So maybe you could get one and just not mention the poodle part.LOL
Old 09-30-2011, 11:06 PM

As long as I have been married(48 yr) have had GS and cats. Usually just one GS at a time; but multiple cats. How ever since DH was cruelty investigator for Animal Control, we usually have at least 2 GS or GS mixes. All except the first one have been found or pound puppies. Right now we have T-Tucker GS/Corgi...hope the mother was the GS and 7 cats.
Just last week another another dog GS/ ? ...maybe Golden ret. cause he likes to lean on you like velco fastens. He is a big scaredy cat...scared of noises, shadows, anything moving. But likes people. Not quite housebroken at 10 mo. We think he was abused and a yard dog. Very smart. We named him Chance because it is his last chance for life(from Animal Control) and might be our last chance to recue another dog. As far as my heart dog, was a femate long haired GS we adpoted in IL. All animals are always neutered or spaded. But really I love all critters. Just can't afford more than we have or would have a lot more.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:45 AM

I have five dogs and four cats----all rescues and all were on death row. The dogs are Australian Shepherd mix (my avatar), a Beagle, a German Shepherd mix and two Pit Bulls. All are very sweet and loving and the Pit puppy is NOT a watchdog---he's 86 lbs but scared of strangers. The German Shepherd mix is very smart and can read my mind at times---she's my favorite. I had a GS mix while I was raising the kids and she was a sensitive delight as well. When these five are gone I will have two dogs at a time since I'll be about 60 by then. I'll definitely look for a female German Shepherd mix....
Old 10-01-2011, 07:45 AM

My favorite breed is the beagle .We now have our 3rd one and each has been funny and personable in their own way.They go after any calorie that hits the floor and are certainly counter surfers but such loves I can not imagine not having one to enjoy.Their size makes them good for us as they have all the personality of a big dog but are easier to walk .
Old 10-01-2011, 06:58 PM

I absolutely LOVE my American Eskimo, he is the smartest, most loyal pup ever. I also love Shitsu's, labs,and mutts. I am a dog lover. However I seem to fear Pit Bulls.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:04 PM

I agree that the German Shepherd is the best dog ever!!!
Molly is our current love and is three years old...
Old 10-02-2011, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by mollymct
I just love the ones I'm with! I can't pick a favorite. I would definitely have Pekingese again. I call Molly my catdog because she is so mellow and independent. She comes to me for love when she wants it and otherwise amuses herself. I don't know if I'll have a Yorkie again, though. It could just be mine, but he is very dependent and anxious (I love him, of course, but hate for him to get upset so easily)...something I've never encountered with my other dogs, so I don't think I "spoiled" him? I grew up with a German shepherd, Siberian Husky (until we had to find a new home for her...horrible neighbor boys taunted and threw things at her and my parents became afraid she might "get" one if she ever got a chance :(), mutts, Chows. We love animals in our family and there is always a variety milling around at holiday time. Fortunately, most get along well!
I agree with the Pekingese; I had one years ago and she was great; I also had a shepard that was great; only had a bad experience with one behavior wise. We babysat for a chow and had the opportunity to keep it if we wanted. She was pretty but she was prejudice so that was a problem and also if she thought she needed to "protect" you and you tried to stop her, she'd turn on you. We gave her back to the orginal owners and a few weeks later the owner picked her up in her arms because the UPS was at the door and the dog bit the owner in the face. I know that not all chows are like this just like any breed or even humans; there are the good and there are the not so good. I can't imagine not having a dog in my house; they bring so much to the plate and can give you protection and joy at the same time.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by diane647
I absolutely LOVE my American Eskimo, he is the smartest, most loyal pup ever. I also love Shitsu's, labs,and mutts. I am a dog lover. However I seem to fear Pit Bulls.
He looks just like mine. Mine (Cheyenne) is 1 1/2 yrs old. A big fur ball and very loyal and you can definitely tell who's the "owner" in the house. No matter where I'm she's right behind me.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by diane647
My parents have an Eskie and so in my family, he's my "brother" :D He is the sweetest thing, has the best personality.