Favorite Breed

Old 09-30-2011, 04:26 PM

S. H. Bridget was our Pudel Pointer. She was a beauty, a hunter and a super good friend. She has to be my favorite breed. She is considered a Continental breed.

Miss Bess (avatar) is my second favorite breed. She is a Pointer/Lab! You may call her a Heinz, you may call her a mutt, but she is our Pointer/Lab. She is a black lab/German Short Hair free from a farmer. Farmer had a lab for duck hunting and a German Short Hair Porter for small game (pheasant, grouse, etc.). Well, I won't tell you the whole story, but Bess is one of 11 in the litter and we just got the best of all of them. Love you. Missy. Edie
Old 09-30-2011, 04:35 PM

We have had a Great Dane and I will say he was the best natured dog I have ever seen. Just don't live long.
We now have a Beagle, and Basset, and mixed boxer. Love the Basset, she is like the Dane, very sweet, and laid back. The Beagle is not so loving.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:37 PM

i LIKE cOCKER sPANIELS, BUT THE SWEETEST NATURED dOG i HAVE EVER OWNED IS "CHARLIE", OUR CAVILIER KING CHARLES SPANIEL
Old 09-30-2011, 04:49 PM

Huskies are great for several reasons but they are definatly not for everyone. They take time and energy. Their independant spirit is one many people can not adjust to so there is abuse and neglect. I have talked to many about huskies and shared our love for them and the cautions for those who want to own such a beautiful dog. We currently have a lab newfoundland mix who barks at evrything. She has come a long way from the dog we bought form a family who had left her to fend for herself in the house of the dead mother. Eventually she stopped hating me and now accepts me as part of the family. She will lay across the room and make a rumbling talk sound over and over again as I do the same to her- She only does it with me.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:59 PM

I have a pom which I dearly love she is loyal and loveable But the Bwst breed of dog to me is a BOXER they are just an all around wonderful dog
Old 09-30-2011, 05:01 PM

I have always loved Pembroke Welsh Corgi's. My last 4 dogs have been Corgi's. I love their short little legs and pointy ears. I saw a Disney movie short called 'Candy the Corgi' and when I saw that little dog, knew that I would love to have one. So we have had Corgi's the past 10 years. Bogey is my latest one, and he is great company for me.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:02 PM

I have three poodles, two papered and one a rescue thru my vet. We have a family joke in that the rescue is a reincarnation of my deceased husband....he is so protective of me you'd think he weighed 200 pounds and stood six feet tall...even the Fed Ex and UPS guys are very respectful of him, they won't come up the steps onto the porch, choosing instead to toss the packages and hoping for a soft landing. Kinda funny, really..this baby only weighs 16 pounds... :-P
Old 09-30-2011, 05:07 PM

All breeds are wonderful. Now I have a rotty 2 husky/wolves aged 13 and I just lost a great dane to cancer. Also have 7 cats. All are rescues and all are loved very much
Old 09-30-2011, 05:07 PM

I only had Doxies when I was growing up, but for the last 40 years, it's been just the KITTIES, they all found me - either by hanging out on my side deck waiting for a dinner invite (and never leaving) or most recently, being thrown from a car in front of my daughter's on the Long Island Expressway. Honestly! His name is Mufasa and he is one grateful kitty - one of our best behaved ever!!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:12 PM

I've had wonderful purebreds, but please note my Avatar. That's my boy, "Stitches", who will turn 17 tomorrow. I'm a lucky girl. Something very special about giving a unique dog a good home and lots of love.