Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ever been to an unfriendly quilt shop? >

Have you ever been to an unfriendly quilt shop?

Have you ever been to an unfriendly quilt shop?

Old 01-20-2011, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Extreme Quilter
Originally Posted by cathyvv
Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl
I had a nasty experience like that at the jo-ann's out here, there was absolutely no one in line which is rare, brought my fabric to the counter, and she said i had to take a number even thought the next number was the actual next number. i took it and she walked away for like 20 minute. how rude was that
I think I would have walked out of the store if the employee did that to me. After all, we don't need them, they need us. We can go online and buy, sometimes for much less than the LQS.
I was once treated so rudely by a cashier at Joann's that the customer standing next in line behind me followed me into the parking lot and said she chastized the cashier after I had left on my behalf. That convinced me to call Joann's customer service and lodge a formal complaint. Believe me, the next time I was confronted by that same dour cashier, she was courteous and pleasant. It might have pained her to put on an Oscar-winning performance, but that was good enough for me.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:15 AM

Sorry about the double postings.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:55 AM

Good morning, I'm hee in So. Fl, I would love to visit that quilt shop. Do you have a name and address ?
Old 01-20-2011, 08:03 AM

Oh Yes!!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by cathyvv
Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl
I had a nasty experience like that at the jo-ann's out here, there was absolutely no one in line which is rare, brought my fabric to the counter, and she said i had to take a number even thought the next number was the actual next number. i took it and she walked away for like 20 minute. how rude was that
I think I would have walked out of the store if the employee did that to me. After all, we don't need them, they need us. We can go online and buy, sometimes for much less than the LQS.
I was once treated so rudely by a cashier at Joann's that the customer standing next in line behind me followed me into the parking lot and said she chastized the cashier after I had left on my behalf. That convinced me to call Joann's customer service and lodge a formal complaint. Believe me, the next time I was confronted by that same dour cashier, she was courteous and pleasant. It might have pained her to put on an Oscar-winning performance, but that was good enough for me.
Extreme: If more people would complain to management, then something might get done. I lodged an online complaint about the checkers at W-M making the grocery bags too heavy and I had a phone call from the asst. manager the next day. I have complained about the J-A clerks, but have never heard anything. I hope that the new ownership will make some huge changes in J-A.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:25 AM

Most shops know nothing about customer service nor do they care
Old 01-20-2011, 11:38 AM

OMG!! try being a guy and getting that!!! I used to live in Connecticut I would get that all the time!!Now being where I am I do not get that at all. If I did I would get the owner and give them a good talking too. I am at an age where I no longer tolerate that.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:23 PM

I just don't go into the JoAnn's in my town much anymore. They never seem to have enough workers available to help you when you want it. I don't like standing in line to get my fabric cut, then standing in line to check-out. If I don't know where something is and ask, chances are they don't know the answer either. It's just more frustrating for me to even go there, so I choose to not go.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by fireworkslover
I just don't go into the JoAnn's in my town much anymore. They never seem to have enough workers available to help you when you want it. I don't like standing in line to get my fabric cut, then standing in line to check-out. If I don't know where something is and ask, chances are they don't know the answer either. It's just more frustrating for me to even go there, so I choose to not go.
I went to the local JA recently and looked for packaged batting which was on sale and could not find it. I asked one of the clerks - which took her away from the cutting counter - and it took her 5 minutes to dig thru a pile of stuff to find the batting. Heckuva way to run an army. Yes, while waiting, the ladies were backing up at the cutting counter.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by darleneerickson
what kind of dog are you showing?
A Kuvasz.