Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt >

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Old 03-24-2016, 02:52 PM

Here's a link to that photo, Sophie2. It was hard to find because the picture wasn't actually in this thread.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post7465409
Old 03-24-2016, 04:01 PM

Thanks Joe'smom, that is the one that I was thinking of. Thanks again for finding it for me. I do think I will do my quilting as this one was done.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:47 PM

For those of you who are finished, does your quilt seem big enough? I put mine on a bed today to see how the size seems before I add the 2nd border. I don't think it is going to cover the mattress so I am thinking about adding a piano key border. My mattress might be extra thick. This is going to go on my daughter's bed.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
Here's a link to that photo, Sophie2. It was hard to find because the picture wasn't actually in this thread.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post7465409
Thanks for posting this--I should have put the picture here, too--sorry.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
For those of you who are finished, does your quilt seem big enough? I put mine on a bed today to see how the size seems before I add the 2nd border. I don't think it is going to cover the mattress so I am thinking about adding a piano key border. My mattress might be extra thick. This is going to go on my daughter's bed.
I wasn't that concerned about size, so I didn't check how far mine went down on the sides of the bed. I love the idea of the piano key border.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:05 PM

Leslie... awesome job. I really like the border fabrics you chose.

I finished sewing my blocks into rows today and will now start assembling the rows... my goal is to get mine finished before I start plant my vegetable garden in May. : )
Old 03-27-2016, 05:14 PM

Thanks for all the kind words joe'smom, Sync, Fraew, quiltsRfun, and sewbizgirl. I need to take a break from it before I start the basting and quilting. I am planning on giving it to our daughter, but I don't know if she will want it on her bed or not. I'm looking at this whole experience as a learning situation. I learned I'm not that good at so many things, I think it's time to quit.

Leslie
Old 03-27-2016, 05:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by audsgirl View Post
Thanks for all the kind words joe'smom, Sync, Fraew, quiltsRfun, and sewbizgirl. I need to take a break from it before I start the basting and quilting. I am planning on giving it to our daughter, but I don't know if she will want it on her bed or not. I'm looking at this whole experience as a learning situation. I learned I'm not that good at so many things, I think it's time to quit.

Leslie
Oh no... don't quit! The question is, do you enjoy what you are doing? If so, just enjoy the process. We get better at everything with practice.

I am really hard on myself and expect perfection... but as I see more and more people who are happily quilting with less than perfect results I find it easier to accept my own shortcomings. It's still fun. And it's not about perfection. It's about progress. And most of all, enjoyment. Only if you don't enjoy it should you quit.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by audsgirl View Post

Leslie
No! Don't quit!! You did a great job. It turned out wonderful! I have my blocks done but haven't started to put them together.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:37 AM

Leslie, have you been quilting very long? This was a tough one to do if you are a beginner. If you enjoy quilting at all, maybe you could take a beginner class to learn the basics and go from there. If you just don't enjoy it then it might be time to quit. I realize it's not for everyone.