"Weigh In"

Old 07-23-2010, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by chamby
Yeah, I would love to join in. But do we really have to tell how much we weigh??? I keep bouncing around on the scale. I love to eat. UGH, I had to buy a bathing suit tonight. YUCK, I HATE DOING THIS!!! I love to swim and play in the water but I hate wearing a bathing suit.
Chamby: Welcome. No one ever has to tell anything they don't want to. We like to hear about your successes, and if you need support, ideas, suggestions, you will find them here.

LNeal--you have such a positive attitude. Thanks for reminding us that gaining a pound is really not the end of the world. There are some valid reasons for gaining so don't get hung up on the gains. Keep doing what you are doing, and you will get reach that "0".
Old 07-23-2010, 04:12 AM

Chamby so glad you joined us! You are supported here by all of us who need each other.

I have come to realize this weight loss is a "Journey" not necessarily a destination in my life.. I went to my dr this week and he told me I have lost 14lbs since last year and 8lbs since my last visit. So I know I am making progress in the right direction. It is coming off slow, but I have made changes in my life to get healthier, that I haven't done in a while. It may take me a little longer to lose, even if it is going slow. Sometimes I feel so frustrated that others are losing "lots" of weight and I don't. I am sure I need to focus on my calorie intake better.
I look forward to this thread everyday because it's encouraging to hear from others who have the same struggles and who are willing to share what works for them. Thanks everyone and hope you have a good dieting day!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:43 AM

Talk about discouraged, first our dog Dodger, now this morning I am up at taht zero again. What is it about this particular zero. I just can't get under it and stay there. I must have done something wrong this week. But here is another week to try again. Drat!
Old 07-24-2010, 06:02 AM

Okay, did my weigh in this morning. I was expecting to have gained this week. I know what I have eaten. I did not lose anything. However, I did not gain, I maintained. I can live with that for this past week.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:24 AM

Pats8e8 it can be discouraging when we "hover" around a certain number. It seems like our bodies have a way of balancing out for a while. It will come off and hopefully you will see that next week. You are an encouragement to all of us here.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Chamby I like your positive attitude about not gaining. I have been there many times and felt comforted with knowing I didn't gain when I thought I should have. Some days are just better than others. Perhaps a little more exercise and you will see the results. :D :D
Old 07-24-2010, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Lneal
Pats8e8 it can be discouraging when we "hover" around a certain number. It seems like our bodies have a way of balancing out for a while. It will come off and hopefully you will see that next week. You are an encouragement to all of us here.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Chamby I like your positive attitude about not gaining. I have been there many times and felt comforted with knowing I didn't gain when I thought I should have. Some days are just better than others. Perhaps a little more exercise and you will see the results. :D :D
Plus a little less eating.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:32 PM

Well hello everyone!! I am here in PA and will be here until the beginning of October. Have not checked in before - been dealing with the loss of my walking buddy .. Casey, the dog. She died in Springfield, Mo on our way here. Won't go into all the sad details, but I will miss her forever.

We now have a 9 week old male dobie named Luke. Still not a walker but we will get there.

Getting ready for my son's wedding and just enjoying the kids and grandsons. Have given up on the weight loss for now. Impossible while on the road. Besides I already bought the dress LOL. Will get back on the road to weight loss after the big day.

You all are in my thoughts and I will stay in touch. Keep up the good job ladies.

Carole
Old 07-27-2010, 05:43 PM

I stopped receiving emails on this topic. I'm still here, trying to watch my portion sizes, since exercise is non existent. Just when I think I can get on the treadmill, the baby wakes up. sometimes I have to choose between a shower, eating lunch and a nap. Usually the nap wins. LOL

everyone keep up the good work.

Rose Hall
Old 07-28-2010, 03:33 AM

So good to hear from you carolevidak and RoseHall!! :-D
Cheering you on and sorry to hear life's schedules and events have prevented you from posting.
Please keep aiming for the healthy life choices because losing weight can't always be the top priority, and thats okay! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I have been incredibly swamped with school projects the last two weeks and it has taken me away from my exercise schedule and interfered with my good eating habits. :thumbdown:
Getting back with it now that my spring quarter is over.
I went to dr last week for a follow up appt and he told me I have lost 14lbs from a year ago and 8lbs the last 6weeks! I was encouraged(although I wish it had been more) I know I am making some good choices or this would have never happened.
Healthy choices are what is important and the weight will drop even if it slow.
Hang in there girls and post again. We need each other!!
Old 07-31-2010, 04:06 AM

I have been trying to watch what I eat for a while. I haven't weighed-But tomorrow I will weigh. I usually exercise 7 days a week walking with a tape 3-4 miles and doing other tapes on the inbetween days.I exercise in the pool weather permitting usually 7 days a week. I just need to watch my food consuption. Now that I will be accountable on the end of the month that will help and I am trying for the grand prize.