Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-02-2011, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I wanted to jump in and mention that when I started this journey more than 18 months ago I weighed almost 500 pounds and I am now at 382. Yes, true, I did have weight loss surgery but it is more about what I am putting in my mouth than what my band is doing in my stomach. Anyway, I think we are all beautiful and on the occasional time that I post a picture of myself NO ONE has ever said a bad thing about me. This is a great group of people and I could never thank y'all enough for the support and love I have received since I joined this group about a year ago.

Stay encouraged! We are all on different parts of our journeys but having each other to support and love is awesome and essential to our success.

Love y'all!

Missy
Well,we don't say anything,because your pretty.Weight don't make us ugly.I bet all of us are not bad to look at.And it don't matter what we weigh.Some of the most georgeous women I've seen were big women.I think too skinny is not healthy,and for most of us we want and need to be and get healthy.A lot of us are on prescriptions for obesiety type problems.Like diabetis,sleep apnea,high blood pressure,oxygen,heart problems,high cholestrol,and so on.And could get off all of them just by getting the weight off.Missy,I'm so glad you chimed in,couldn't a been better timing.For the new folks,missy made up her mind she didn't want to die,and did something about it.She's lost a lot of weight,but needs to lose more.The more she gets off,the more yrs she,and us will gain.I've added many yrs by losing 93 pounds.I too just got sick of being fat and made up my mind to lose the weight.Only I am going slow and doing it 5 pounds at a time.So you all can do it too.Good luck ladies,lets,get er done and get to going.I am losing weight,I am in control of what I eat.It's what I don't eat that is my diet! If we're gaining weight,we're over eating.If we're maintaining,we're holding and not overeating.If we're losing,we're eating less and have a deficit at the end of the day,and that's how we lose fat.Eat on small salad plates,or scrape 1/3 off your plate and eat only that.Missy says also,when you go eat out,ask for a doggy bag and put 1/2 in for another meal later and only eat the 1/2 you have left.If you want to weigh,125 pounds,and weigh 250 pounds,like me,we have to eat what a 125 pound person eats.To get that number,we X the weight by 10 Like 125 lbs X 10 = 1250 calories a day we'd have to eat to reach that goal.Hope that helps.Oh,and the 125 is just an example.But works with any number.I'd like to get down to 140.And stay with realistic goals and attainable numbers.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:25 PM

Those who have recently decided to join in, I have you recorded just have not added to the list here. I will do so tomorrow evening, off to bed as I have to be up in 4 hours for work.

Keep going on your weight loss and Keep your head up.

You are in control.

Cindy
Old 09-02-2011, 10:12 PM

I would like to join also. I came across last month too late and then got sidetracked with all the quilting topics. lol
I would like to lose 70 lbs. My hubby and I joined a boxing club in July but haven't been able to get back since beginning of Aug. We both really enjoy going, just not paying for a babysitter twice a week.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Country1
I pm'd you on 8/31/11 with my August loss of 8.7 lbs.
Joined the gym in June and loving it. My drs ok'd me for water exercise. Zumba is my favorite. My you have a place to try near you try it, bet you'll love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:
I have also lowered my insulin doses, YEAH!!!!!!!!
Lost 7 & 3/8 inches last 2 weeks..

Count me in on Sept.
That is fantastic!!! Great job. I wish I could do the dance/exercise stuff but my back won't stand for it so walking has to be my option. Sounds like you will do well again this month.
Gail
Old 09-02-2011, 10:51 PM

I'm seeing if this works. It didn't

Cookie
Old 09-02-2011, 11:29 PM

cookie-- it took me forever to get my ticker up and running! don't despair. go back to the directions, write them down and try again!make sure you go to the bottom half of your profile. and if given a chance to preview, don't. good luck!
this month is off to a good start, i already feel like i'm drowning from all the water i'm drinking! if i grow gills it's all on you, mj!!!
Old 09-03-2011, 02:03 AM

LOL.....I saw it on a posters list & just had to put it on my mail.

Originally Posted by nancia
plainpat--i noticed the saying under your signature line . i learned it as :sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!
Old 09-03-2011, 02:16 AM

Not only does My Profile have me listed as a male(& no way to change it),the tracker doesn't show up on the Myfitness site. Maybe I need to erase acct & start over. Thanks for your help.This is the tracker,but still no way to have it show up on all posts.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Old 09-03-2011, 04:11 AM

you can go bACK AND CHECK YOUR OLD POSTS. ONCE IT WAS ON MINE IT WAS ON ALL OF MINE ON THIS BOARD.( ok! who hit the caps key???)
Old 09-03-2011, 04:18 AM

Too weird! It's on one other post....not all.Gremlins at work? Maybe they also hit the caps key....Only way the ticker shows is to CC&P.......

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Originally Posted by nancia
you can go bACK AND CHECK YOUR OLD POSTS. ONCE IT WAS ON MINE IT WAS ON ALL OF MINE ON THIS BOARD.( ok! who hit the caps key???)