Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-04-2011, 03:54 AM

Rita's mom, I don't think this is a silly idea at all. I think it's a wonderful way to record the journey that you are on. You are doing such a wonderful job with your weight loss and I think it is cause for celebration. And how else would a quilter celebrate? With a quilt of course. Keep up the fantastic work and enjoy making that quilt block by block!
    Old 05-04-2011, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Yummy menu.
    Missy, you and your picture are beautiful.

MY DAILY THOUGHT
    I have a favorite t-shirt I wear every time I want to be "comfortable". It gets worn a lot! (LOL!) The shirt is blue and has big letters on it that say, "I hate orange". Being that I live in Memphis State/Univ of TN country, this shirt makes a lot of sense. However, each time I wear it I get the same comment said to me. People glance at the shirt and say, "I hate change, too". It's interesting to note that is their first glance response.

The words "change" and "opportunity" have basically the same definition. The difference is our pre-conceived attitude about what's going on. The circumstance can be identical, but what WE make of the situation determines whether we are battling change or grasping opportunity. Often when we "go on a diet", we set ourselves up to "battle change." We impede our own progress by our attitude.

Today's challenge is a change in attitude...What opportunity will you grasp today to help you get healthier?

Purplemem,
    That is so very very true. I am going to try to remember that as I face all of the changes ahead of me, no matter what they might be. Weight loss, becoming an empty nester, living alone and more. Thanks for sharing your thought this morning, I feel more peaceful now.
    Old 05-04-2011, 05:08 AM

This is the thread for the quilts we are making to mark our weight loss journey in case anyone else would like to join.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-68430-1.htm
    Old 05-04-2011, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
    Missy you are beautiful and you are wearing my favorit color purple. I am pulling for you girlfriend.
    Oh wow! Thank you so much!!

Missy
    Old 05-04-2011, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Originally Posted by lauriejo
    Missy was the third one, she was on so seldom last month I really wasn't sure if we would hear from her this month. I am glad she is back.
    Yes yes yes. I have been accused of being a ring leader. It's all true! LOL!!!

I promise you will be hearing from me like crazy!!

My very special girlfriend is coming to be with me for a week or so. She will be here Saturday. I can hardly wait!! Gosh she makes me incredibly happy!! Soo love her. Love is surely in bloom in my house.

Here is a picture of me so you know what I look like.

Missy (who has only 23 days to surgery!)
    Great picture Missy. I'm counting down the days to your surgery with you. God Bless!
    Oh thank you! It is only 22 days now in case you did not read that I said 37 thousand times yesterday that it was 23 days to surgery. lol

Missy
    Old 05-04-2011, 06:20 AM

Very pretty picture Missy!

Thanks lauriejo are there still new people joining in?

MJ I love what you posted yesterday I think I am going to copy it and keep it handy to read when I need it.

Gosh it is so nice to see so many people posting on here. Like someone said on here a while back, you never know how something small someone says can really inspire someone else. It is so true.

Well I have been sticking with my plan to do at least one thing each day to get a handle on all of my clutter around here. It's been goin ok. most of what I have done so far is to find places for things that are not out of sight. Then I will go through things and get rid of alot of stuff. We have a small house that until we moved here I didn't realize has almost NO storage, so I have to find creative ways to find homes for the things we do need to keep. I am in the process of trying to make me a sewing area in our laundry room because I gave up my sewing room to a very special young man who we have kind of taken in. (long sad story I will share sometime. Lets just say there are alot of throw away kids out there and drugs and alcohol don't make very good parents)Soooo....I have a table set up in our living room to sew on so I can keep up with my Dear Jane class and as all of you can imagine our living room that was small to begin with looks like a bomb went off. And there are 5-6 people here at any givin time! So that is where I am starting. Most of my sewing stuff is able to stay in my old sewing room though just not the stuff I am working on, So that is a good thing. When people say clutter is stress they are so right!

Someone mentioned skinny cow Ice cream,has anyone else tried it? It is so good. The icecream sandwiches only have 140 calories and taste just like regular ones. And they seem to be made with real ingredients not something too scary. They even have fiber in them. Just thought I would let everyone know if you hadn't tried them yet. I have them when everyone in my family is having icecream and I think they are just as good.

I'm off to do some sort of exercise. That is the different thing I am going to do for myself today.

I hope everyone has a good day!
    Old 05-04-2011, 06:36 AM

Good luck to all of you this week. I'm off to help my sister up north with her garage sale and won't be back until at least Sunday. Since she's trying to lose weight as well, the snacking will mostly be limited to healthy things. Ok.. well, maybe a day with something bad for us. Take care!

Stephanie
    Old 05-04-2011, 06:37 AM

I have to say I am so thankful I joined this thread. I have always been embarrasseda about how much weight I need to lose and have never admitted it in public how heavy I am. Because of posts from you great women I now know I am not alone in the huge uphill battle of losing a "ton" of weight. Thank you for sharing. Today is my day off, but it really isn't. I have a teenage and a pre-teen still at home, my daughter is in college. So, my day off is catching up on the house chores like laundry, dishes, vacuuming, any tv shows I Tivoed (lol, my favorite chore) taking youngest to golf lessons, then to a pop warner registration rally, then to scouts, and in between trying to figure out how we can all eat healthy. Oh yeah, I need to get some quilting in--almost done with my third quilt top. My boys are like sticks and eat a ton--I miss those days.

Wish me luck. I plan on cheerio's for breakfast with an orange. Another orange for snack. (Oranges are cost free right now because my navel tree still has a lot of them on it and groceries cost so much.) Lunch will be whatever lean cuisine I can find. Haven't figured out dinner yet.

Have a great day. I will be checking in here for inspiration from you all.

Karen
    Old 05-04-2011, 06:46 AM

Good Morning Gang!

I'm running behind because I got some distracting news this morning (good news, but still distracting, lol) and I'm just now really starting my day.
    I was just trying to talk myself out of going for my walk but I'm not allowing myself to. Looking at the weather forcast, today will be the last dry day I'll have to go for a walk. So, I'm off to walk, then mow the lawn after I get back. (it's a big yard, so that's exercise too) after that, plus housework, maybe I'll get back on schedule and get some quilting done!
    Old 05-04-2011, 07:47 AM

Good morning everyone. I'm glad to see so much activity on this thread. I always look forward to reading how others are doing with their "getting healthier" venture. It's helpful to me to read how well you all are doing. It inspires and motivates me to do better. I'm so proud of all of you that are exercising and moving. I'm proud of all who are making positive changes in their eating habits. I hope you all have a good day for making heathly choices. Big hugs to all, Sandy