Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016 >

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Old 10-20-2016, 08:15 AM
Banned

I almost feel the same as you but my worst color is brown.

When I was a child (about 6 years old I think) I was wearing
a new brown outfit that my parents had just bought for me,
and we went to visit some friends of theirs. The lady asked my
parents what was wrong with me, how long had I been sick.

They told her I wasn't sick. She than said "brown isn't her color
it makes her look washed out and ill".

To this day I do not own any clothing that is brown. I DO like
light tans, and khaki colors.

My brown fabric is very limited also, but I do have some.

What is it about yellow that you don't like? What a horrible nasty
MIL you had to think it was funny to do that sort of thing to you.
I would NOT have been nice or gracious to her for doing that to me.

Originally Posted by ljs317 View Post
People used to make fun of me and do some really not nice things to me when I expressed how bad the color yellow makes me feel. one fall when I was on vacation my ex mother in law went to my house and planted 50 yellow daffodils. That spring when they came up I was horrified and nauseated every time I went in or out of my house. She thought it was so funny. No one would pull them up for me so I had to wait for them to die back and the color gone before I could get rid of them. She also liked to buy me all yellow Christmas gifts and then after I opened them she would grab them out of my hands and toss them back under the tree and laugh.

Last year soniboo was a super terrific Secret Santa, whoever's name she has is in for a real treat. She is a fabulous Secret Santa.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:32 AM

1) Do you like/want/need that dreaded pesky tool know as a seam ripper?
I would like the little eraser tipped seam ripper.

2) Do you like/want/need micro tip Fiskar spring action scissors? Only if you can find them on sale, as I know they are expensive.

3) Do you wear glasses? Yes, but they are always on. Never hanging.

4) Do you like to cook/bake? Yes

5) Fat quarters. I have a ton of them. I would go for the 1 yard of something instead if that is an option.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:04 PM

OMGoodness Lisa ~
What a horrible person your ex-MIL is! Life throws us enough curve balls as it is, then to have someone in our own family deliberately be so hateful, like Quilty Louise said, how fortunate you are she is your ex-MIL. Hopefully you don't have to interact with her anymore.

I cannot imagine having the condition you suffer with being frightened by a color and how crippling that can be for you.

I send you quilty (((Hugs)))

Last edited by onaemtnest; 10-20-2016 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:01 PM

Do you wear slippers (size) or Do you prefer socks (size) I love fuzzy socks-no slippers
Do you like scented items: lotion, soap, candles, and what kind of scents, floral, spicy, earthy. Bath and Body Works Raspberry Vanilla
Do you like a lot of little things or 1 nicer thing- whatever they want to send-it is a gift after all
Do you wear aprons-Yes and like them for my 3 yr old granddaughter too
Do you wear scarves No
Do you like sewing notions of different kinds-yes
Do you like quilting charms-yes
Do you like hot fix crystals-don't even know what those are
Favorite FQ's colors-anything colorful or novelty-(do not like Jo-Anns FQ they are too thin for my liking)
Do you like Christmas themed items or generic winter themed- Any-I like things with snowmen on or any with bears on
) Do you like/want/need that dreaded pesky tool know as a seam ripper?
yes-and I never seem to be able to find it when I need it
2) Do you like/want/need micro tip Fiskar spring action scissors? If they can find a good price-I could use a new smaller pair-mine were taken over

3) Do you wear glasses? Yes,

4) Do you like to cook/bake? Don't like to but I do-takes out of my sewing time

I will have to find where the rest of the questions are-I am so far behind ohhhhhh

Last edited by Bullock2us; 10-20-2016 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:00 PM

Since I haven't answered any questions, I thought I would at least do these.

Do you wear
slippers (size) or Do you prefer socks (size) I wear slippers but don't need any.
Do you like scented items: lotion, soap, candles, and what kind of scents, floral, spicy, earthy. I'm sensitive to certain smells so I would say no to these.
Do you like a lot of little things or 1 nicer thing. I would like anything that was sent to me.
Do you wear aprons. No
Do you wear scarves. No
Do you like sewing notions of different kinds. Yes
Do you like quilting charms. No
Do you like hot fix crystals. No
Favorite FQ's colors. I like bright colors and can always use blenders.
Do you like Christmas themed items or generic winter themed. I like them all but collect Santas and Santa ornaments.
Do you like/want/need that dreaded pesky tool know as a seam ripper? I could always use another one.
Do you like/want/need micro tip Fiskar spring action scissors? I don't have a pair but they look nice.
Do you wear glasses? Yes, but don't need a glass case or lanyard. I have them on all the time.
Do you like to cook/bake? I love to bake. Someone else does the cooking.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:33 PM

Okay to answer some of the new question. Love seam rippers, watched a video once on how to use and what the ball at the end is for. I can rip a seam out super fast. Wear glasses (progressive ones and I love them) love funky socks, no slippers right foot 2 inches smaller then left, no scarves Have a lot of bandanas left over from my chemo days going to make a quilt out of them. aprons no. My husband does all the cooking. Love scented anything. All holiday fabric is great. Need to look up the micro tip fiskar spring action scissors. Last year my SS wrapped my items and stuffed them in a stocking. Loved it. Hopefully my SS will take pictures for me. Haven't learned how to do that. My SIL beachbound had my brother post our table runners while I was visiting her in florida last year. My grandson could probably do that. Reading thru the last 15 pages have been very helpful My SS has been very chatty, and I'm writting everything down.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by momoftana View Post
I’ve tried to come up with a way to “poll the audience”without giving myself up to my SS recipient. I appreciate any and allperspectives to help with my delima. Having said that, in a purely hypothetically sense, here is my question.Suppose you are asking for specific fabric print, but did not specifydesigner/line/color, would you rather have 4 fat quarters, or a single yardcut?

If I decide to do a single yard cut, will that cover the FQ requirement? If youchoose single yard, would you rather me pick the fabric, or send a gift card? I’mnot looking to wuss out, just really trying to please my SS person. I havealready decided if I go the gift card route, I will include enough to covershipping.
Now I will sit here and wringmy hands, whine, and hope I get it right.

I will answer this for you. As I like to deal in scraps, I love fat quarters. Of all colors. I am not picky in the fabric line. I love to make scrap quilts.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:13 PM

I could always use another seam ripper. I like the thread snips, I like to bake but don't have time. I do not wear glasses. My dogs love treats.

I love to quilt, but I also knit and crochet. I love yarn, especially specialty yarns. I collect thimbles and little boy angels.

This is my third secret santa swap and I have never been disappointed in my packages. I am not a picky person. I want my santa to have fun picking items for me
Old 10-20-2016, 06:27 PM

I put several random things for stuff I like... I'm really happy with anything. If my SS found a fabric she thought I'd like, but only in yardage, not as a fat quarter, I'd be happy with a 1/4 yard, 1/2 yard, whatever.

I think I forgot to answer the one larger thing/one smaller thing question. Sender's choice!

I just want the person who has my name to have fun putting things in the box and picking stuff out. Since I haven't made many quilts yet, I don't have many photos out there to stalk. Please don't worry that I won't like anything!

I'm pretty adventurous, so always up for new things (I'm the type to do a five week overseas trip without an itinerary and just jump on a train and book rooms as I go. Then take my son into a local market in a foreign country and we just pick random things that look interesting and make ourselves a picnic lunch-- can't read any of the labels sometimes, but it's all fun! As a result of on of said random market grabs, we now have kvas brewing in the kitchen. He decided he liked it and we can't get it in our little town. Now if only we could make some Almdudler!)
Old 10-20-2016, 07:58 PM

more questions to answer--okay, have enough seam rippers. i tell myself the more seam rippers i have , the more i will HAVE to use them and i HATE ripping out seams. i have a pair of those scissors so dont need another pair. fq's are fun--i like wild and crazy prints. i have a small collection of them that i dont know what i will use them for but love looking at them and dreaming of future projects. full yardage is always nice too. i like wrapping gifts as i like trying to guess what is in each package when i get mine so figure maybe others do too. my stalking skills are not the best and my ss wasnt real specific but i shall persevere and do the best i can. If they dont like what i send, oh, well...