Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!  REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER >

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Old 12-13-2011, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
Here are a couple of pics from last year. There were 9 kids last year, DGDs best friend, and the next door neighbor kids along with my 6. You can see how much fun they have.
Do you bake all that gingerbread! Wow! Cute children.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by grammyj View Post
Lisa I'm so sorry you had an accident and I'm glad you weren't hurt to bad, but I couldn't keep from laughing when
I read about you being stuck in the mud. I'm sure Santa wont hold that against you and wont put you on the naughty list.
Janice
I see this wasn't a joke, it really happened! Oh my! it did sound funny but now I see how aweful it was for you. I'm sorry for your accident.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
Tink says to say "Thank you", she doesn't seem to be in pain...she just took her final pills for the night (Antibiotics and pain pill). Dr says that they are Puppy Vicaden, so she should not be driving...last night she was barely able to hop up on the bed.

She enjoys all of her cuddles...but isn't quite trusting me when I'm coming toward her with the pills.
Does your vet sell pill pockets? We use them now and Frank our mini pincher (he's red and looks like a little fox, similar to your avatar) likes them so much he does not notice the pill. He also eats Kibbles and Bits and beefy bits and eats all the beefy bits sending the rest of the food flying. We put the bowl in a box to contain the scrapnel Before when we tried to give him pills he would spit them out/
Old 12-13-2011, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by amyjo View Post
I have been having a hilarious time reading the posts you ladies have written. Watched the video, and read the letter. What fun. My hubby can't figure out what I am giggling about.
I took my little singer spartan in to the sewing machine repairman in Minot. He is going to fix her tension spring which was broken during her ride to me from across country. While there I was looking at a Bernina 830 with the big embroidery hoop. Drooling all over it. I asked him how much she sold for. He said it retails for $12,000.00 but that they can't sell lower than $10,000.00. Wow. Pricey little car she was. Mu hubby says I could probably get a used one somewhere cheaper than that. I said yeah, probably 4-5 grand. Wish wish wish.
Really! Who buys those exxxxxpensive machines? I didn't know rolls royse drivers sewed. OOOps. maybe you all have them and I'm the only one who would have to put it on layaway for 20 years...minimum payments.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet View Post
Do you know "walking round in women's underwear"? Sung to the tune of Winter Wonderland
Don't know it but can you sing a few bars, really sing it all, please.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
Here is a pic of the dishcloths and potholders I make. It is cotton yarn and they are very simple to make and go fast. I make them, usually one an evening while I am watching TV.
I make those same dish cloths. I always have one in my purse when I go to the dr. to pass the time.
happy holidays all jazs2
Old 12-13-2011, 08:44 PM

I Have really enjoyed reading about eveyone's SECRET SANTA pkgs. Missed the deadline for this year and wanted to join in on the fun, however....NEXT year will be just fine. Lots of fun swaps on this QB. that are SOOO much fun! The photos are great! Keep em comin!
Old 12-13-2011, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by annthreecats View Post
You're good, Dreamer. It is Holiday Inn. Which is one of my all time favorite movies. I love the scene where they are celebrating July 4th and Fred Astaire does his dance with fire crackers. It's spectacular. Anymore trivia out there?

What is your all time favorite Christmas song, or Christmas album, by which artist?

Mine is the Barbara Streisand Christmas Album, she sings Jingle Bells at break neck speed and Ave Maria and a sweet song about her favorite gift.
I like Roy Orbison, Pretty paper, pretty ribbons of blue...
Old 12-13-2011, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by lindyline View Post
Yeah it's December. Christmas carol time!!

For some reason this time of year brings out the best in people.

I love it!
I like the sad one for new years where the couple meet after not seeing one another for some time and know its not the same and when he leaves it sarrts to rain. i never remember title or singer but its lovely/sad. might be called Auld Lang Sine
Old 12-13-2011, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by zoeytoo View Post
Really! Who buys those exxxxxpensive machines? I didn't know rolls royse drivers sewed. OOOps. maybe you all have them and I'm the only one who would have to put it on layaway for 20 years...minimum payments.
I would definitely have to put it on a 20 yr layaway plan as I can't even afford to up grade my car which is acting up. Till hubby sells some cattle I can't even get it fixed. needs manifold? work and muffler. really uses the gas. regular pig.