Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hoarding >

Hoarding

Hoarding

Old 02-28-2015, 11:02 AM

I wouldn't say you have a problem yet either, I have a lot of fabric too and you could just say back you know there are other things I could collect or hobbies that are much for expensive then my fabric that's what I say when my husband says what are needed fabric for know.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
if my fabric stash extends beyond one large closet, i may be concerned. so far, i'm good
I agree with this, all my tools and fabric fit into my closet, my clothes not so much because the quilt stuff takes up so much room and I already think I have too much. I think if you sit down and calculate how many quilts you can make with what you have. I honestly right now think I have enough for my lifetime but that doesn't stop me
Old 02-28-2015, 03:37 PM

I can still see my floor so I think I am OK.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:28 PM

I don't consider it hoarding because it's not taking over my whole house
Old 02-28-2015, 09:02 PM

My daughter accused me of hoarding today, and I only have 10, no 12, no, just bought two more and put a bid on another one...can't be more than 15 sewing machines! Tell your hubby to lighten up!

Tip for storing fabric: If it's on the floor or a low shelf, put it in a plastic tub to keep the mousies out.

Last edited by MFord; 02-28-2015 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Tips for storing fabric:
Old 03-01-2015, 03:48 AM

I have a whole shed stacked with fabric and I don't care what others think about my ''hoarding''. Even pointed comments are ignored. It is only of concern to me as it is my house and my money. I do not think it is my place to comment on the status of others neither, so I remain blissfully happy.ha ha
Old 03-01-2015, 04:47 AM
Power Poster

I definitely have a problem with my stash. I think I need to put myself in a cage with a sewing machine and my fabric (A very large cage) and feed me through the bars until my stash is a lot less than it is.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by pocoellie View Post
I'm not sure that you have a problem yet, and you may never have one, and I'm sure that if a lot of the members posted pics of their fabrics, you would also agree that you don't have a problem. LOL Although I'll never live long enough to use up all of my fabrics, and I REALLY don't have any room for more, if I find something I HAVE to have, by golly, I'll get it. LOL
That is what I am thinking.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:53 AM

I'm a collector of fabric! And I have been for many years. I've learned about myself that no matter how much fabric I have there will almost always be one more piece needed to complete whatever project I embark upon. But because I do have stash it's usually just a single purchase or two that's needed, not the entire group. Which is a good thing since I'm now semi-retired and no longer have a full time job with a full time income.
Will I ever use it all? Most likely not, but it gives me joy to have it and know that it's available for use whenever I want to. And since that may be at odd hours of the day or night and I live several miles from anywhere to purchase fabric. . . Well you get the idea!
Old 03-01-2015, 05:47 AM

We do have a large family room that I use for a sewing room now that the kids are grown and moved out. I don't have a large stash but do have a large cutting table and two sewing machine tables. We had a house out in Washington that had a one car garage that my husband used for a workshop. When we moved back to Michigan we bought a house with a one car garage also. No way will I park my car outside in the winter. In the summer, it's full of bikes. Lucky for him the house has a pole barn and a shed for his tools and yard equipment. No way was he going to use the garage.