Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What are you working on? >
  • What are you working on?

• What are you working on?

Old 11-16-2018, 04:12 AM

I'm binding an Advent Calendar for my DGD. Need to get it finished and filled with little treats before Thanksgiving so she can take it home for the Christmas countdown. I've also got son-in-law's quilt sandwiched and ready to quilt. Was supposed to have given it to him last Christmas so as you can see I'm a little behind, LOL.
    Old 11-16-2018, 09:49 AM

Trying to finish the bargello I'm working on before the end of the year. Also making little Christmas curtains for my kitchen, and some oven mitts and pot holders for gifts. Also just finished some FSL ornaments for the tree. That was fun once I got some Vilene stabilizer. Thanks to whoever suggested it here on the board!
    Old 11-16-2018, 09:54 AM

Got the fan blades sewn together after a mishap or two. Nothing major, just my pickiness asserting itself. Unpacked the new-to-me machine and cleared off my old buddy Remy, about to move the new machine into place and do some warm-ups/tests. I'm surprisingly sad to put the old machine away, we've been sewing together for a long time (20 years or so).

Then it's time to sew the rickrack on the curves, both the fan blades and the pie piece, that's my goal to have done in time for small group on Tuesday, sewn and pressed and ready to set onto the background pieces. I don't do much handwork and it's always hard for me to have something ready to go to small group so this will be good.

Edit: I didn't have to move any furniture but I did have to replace the outlet. Yay! After 20 years (seriously) of procrastinating I finally did it.
    Old 11-16-2018, 10:21 AM

Stash busting. Just finished the top for a baby quilt (chambray blue and china white floral); on the design wall ready to assemble is twin sized HST quilt of teal blue floral and white both for Linus

Before the New Year I plan (you know what they say about best made plans) to have cleared the stash by making very simple, colourful quilts for Linus or other charity projects so I can concentrate on wholecloth quilts.
    Old 11-16-2018, 11:36 AM

I am working on a queen size for DD for Christmas. I started sandwiching it today but have to put it away until all are gone back home after Thanksgiving.
    Old 11-16-2018, 12:07 PM

I’m still trying to finish piecing a t-shirt quilt for my cousin- it’s like pulling teeth because I just don’t enjoy piecing, I’d much rather quilt, but it’s looking nice and I’ve just got to decide whether to add some borders or use some more t-shirts to extend the width and length by 12”.

I’ve also got a whole cloth doodle quilt that Still needs a little more quilting and some painting.

Rob
    Old 11-16-2018, 01:47 PM

I am not working on a quilt currently. Right now I am working on making patterns for my 1/3 BJD (ball jointed doll).
    The company that made my doll is interested in marketing my patterns, since this doll is not the same size as the others that are available. Go figure, I spend 28 years making quilts and make very little profit, but I get a new doll and it may make my fortune. Life is funny like that.
    Old 11-16-2018, 01:55 PM

I'm waiting for the mailman to deliver printer ink so I can finish printing pictures onto muslin to make patches for pillow covers for my daughters - supposed to be delivered today but it hasn't shown 'out for delivery' yet.
    Old 11-16-2018, 02:17 PM

I'm working on 37 fingertip pot holders for my dance group and will make a few for family and a couple of friends. And am going to add the skillet handles. Very quick which is what I needed. Choosing the fabrics and linings, batting and insulbright and cutting them to size takes longer than actually sewing them together.
    Old 11-16-2018, 03:32 PM

So sorry to hear this news! Having made memory quilts myself, it was therapy for me as well as comfort for the recipient!