got a dog?

Old 07-10-2010, 05:12 AM

I have a Corgi mix from petfinder. He's fantastic.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:12 AM

I have a Corgi mix from petfinder. He's fantastic.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:11 AM

Head to the pound, look for a quiet, but friendly, not rambunctious dog the size you want. Just check your emotions at the door. Make more that one "get acquainted" visit if necessary, even if they are in the same day.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Power Poster

Pembroke Welsh Corgi. They are a good compact size, and have short hair that is easy to groom. They come in a variety of colors, and are easy to train.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:06 AM

My vote is for an Italian Greyhound. Lovely little dogs that look like a regular Greyhound but tiny.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:15 AM

I have 7 you don't want to know how that happened LOL
Old 07-10-2010, 09:30 AM

I have a yorkie-poo (yorkshire terrier and minature poodle) and she has been a joy in my life. She is very smart and loves people and other animals. The poodle in her prevents her from shedding. I brush her everyday but I cut her hair myself. She does not need a lot of exercise and weighs 8 pounds but needs to lose about 2 or 3 pounds. She is definitely a lap dog, sleeps a lot during the day. She does not bark very much. Hope this helps you in your decision.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:51 AM

Another vote for Petfinder.com. I have 2 rescue dogs from there. One is a cocker spaniel who was a stray and the other is a cavalier king charles spaniel, who was a puppy mill rescue. I always wanted a cavalier since I lived in England and they are pretty common there. They are wonderful dogs. Mine is a male and he loves everyone and everything. I always wonder what gets more exercise, his tongue or his tail. He loves to lick! He is such a happy dog, he even wags his tail in his sleep!

The problem with the puppy mill rescues is that they are not well bred. Charlie is 30 pounds and he's not that much overweight (well he is, a little). Also, he has some health problems and the vet said that it was from inbreeding.

Another breed I heard was really nice is the Tibetan spaniel. A girl at work got one from Petfinder and she said the dog was wonderful.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:25 AM

I'm going to put in another 'yes' for Pugs
We have, and raise and show basenjis and that is definitley NOT the breed for you. True, they don't bark which would make them seem ideal, but they have so many traits that would rule them out. I even know of an owner who came home to her apartment and saw the police breaking in, seems a neighbor called them becaue there was a woman being killed in there. They have this horrendous howl. I spent most of my time talking people out of the breed.
I got my original dogs from a vet who said that of all the breeds, she recommends pugs as a good, all around, pet for families and from what I've seen, I agree
Old 07-10-2010, 10:59 AM

I have two PUGS I love them to pieces, and they know it! They are spoiled brats..... But they are very well behaved.
and very loving little creatures.....

Sampson and Oscar
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79270[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79265.jpe