Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-07-2011, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Radiana
Your eight pound loss is wonderful....you go girl. I'm encouraged by my one pound so far. I'm in no condition to excercise yet so I know it will be slow but I'm o.k. with that.
Radiana,there is a LOT of us on here who are disabled and can not exercise.But,we just have to find other ways to burn calories.Google "Foods That Burn Calories" and get some of them to eat.Myself,I use red hot dried peppers like they have at a pizza place.I sprinkle it on my foods.It don't take a lot either.It will imediatly warm you up,and you will be sweating bullets and burning calories.It works for me.Or I even buy Kim-chee,that hot Korean cabbage,Love it!Last night I got a little hungry,and just got the jar out and ate some.It filled me up,took my hunger away,and not much calories at all.Then of course I had to drink lots of water.But anyway,you get my drift.Google those and get some of them,you'll be burning calories as if you were exercising.It works,I know.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:29 PM

I don't need to go to Kansas. Cadillac is cooking today. Only here can it frost one week and go over 90 humid degrees the next. The wind has picked up which feels better, but it's not good because we have a huge forest fire 40 miles NE of here.

This is a time of year when it it easier to lose weight. Let's all take advantage of it and stay the course.

I am not going to drink 128 ounces of water a day. I like createfourpaws post about drinking 1/2 your weight. Pounds to ounces, divided by two. I can handle 75 ounces. Xylie, your climate changes the picture for you. My son was stationed in Yuma for 7 years. When we visited, we had to drink more than we did at home.

Edit: Welcome back, Illustrious Leader, otherwise known as MJ. Glad to see your smile.

I AM losing weight.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
Originally Posted by nancia
glad you're back, missy. hope that means you're feeling better.
i went to wal-mart to get frozen dinners and totally forgot the fruit and veggies! i was so intent on getting the stuff home before it thawed i didn't go anywhere near it. also, in our store it's right next to the bakery and that is my biggest, baddest temptation. 'when in doubt, carb out!'off to get more water and a fast trip to the used water department.everybody hang tight and repeat after me- i am losing weight, i am losing weight. i am losing, wait,,,is this where we tap our heels 3 times and end up back in kansas? oh, auntie em.....
Your great.Gave me a chuckle.LOL!I am losing weight ,I am losing weight,!Are we in Kansas yet?No,but we're ticking the pounds off.You wait,it won't be long,your clothes will be baggy too like all mine are.I really need some smaller duds.Tired of pulling my pants up.But that's a good thing.I got some out in storage from my youthful times.Will have to go dig thru them.Should I get rid of my fat clothes?I always kept them in the past,just in case.I don't plan on wearing them ever again tho.And if I don't have them,I can't 'grow' back into them either.Anyway,everybody is doing great I think.And hey,if I only do 4 pounds this month,I'll still be happy.Every pound DOES add up.I know.
Oh I say donate them! If you don't have them then you have no safety net PLUS you are losing weight and will never gain it back! :)

Missy
Old 06-07-2011, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
MJ is back! I have my new computer, delivered today! It was over 101 here today, not including heat index.

I will be back in the morning to post encouragement, I have really missed ya'll,

I love you,
Going goood!
WOOHOO!!!! YOU ARE BACK!!!! SOOOO HAPPY!!!!

:):):):):):)

Missy
Old 06-07-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
Originally Posted by Radiana
Your eight pound loss is wonderful....you go girl. I'm encouraged by my one pound so far. I'm in no condition to excercise yet so I know it will be slow but I'm o.k. with that.
Radiana,there is a LOT of us on here who are disabled and can not exercise.But,we just have to find other ways to burn calories.Google "Foods That Burn Calories" and get some of them to eat.Myself,I use red hot dried peppers like they have at a pizza place.I sprinkle it on my foods.It don't take a lot either.It will imediatly warm you up,and you will be sweating bullets and burning calories.It works for me.Or I even buy Kim-chee,that hot Korean cabbage,Love it!Last night I got a little hungry,and just got the jar out and ate some.It filled me up,took my hunger away,and not much calories at all.Then of course I had to drink lots of water.But anyway,you get my drift.Google those and get some of them,you'll be burning calories as if you were exercising.It works,I know.
Oh how I love spicy food!! I drink a glass of spicy hot V-8 every single day. Yummy!!

Missy
Old 06-07-2011, 06:45 PM

I went to the Zoo with 75 3rd graders today!
I am pooped. :D
glad to hear everyone is trying to find what works for them.
my goal this week is to SEW! lol I have soo much to do and need to do it.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by linz83
I went to the Zoo with 75 3rd graders today!
I am pooped. :D
glad to hear everyone is trying to find what works for them.
my goal this week is to SEW! lol I have soo much to do and need to do it.
Oh my...75 3rd graders! I would be out of my mind. LOL!!!

I want to do some sewing too so I hear you on that one!

Glad you are home and safe! :)

Missy
Old 06-07-2011, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Fabricnut
Holy cow!! that formula for drinking water seems outrageous. I'm a retired nurse and I know there is a syndrome called "water intoxication". I'll drink more water but a gallon plus is way too much in my opinion.
The doctor I used to work for and he tried to help me with weight loss recomended that you drink 1/2 your weight in ounces of water. So for me, I need to drink 100 ounces which is close to a gallon as a gallon of water is 128 ounces. So that is not far off from what I should be drinking.

I hope this helps. it is a good reference point for getting your water in.

Cindy
Old 06-07-2011, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by Fabricnut
Holy cow!! that formula for drinking water seems outrageous. I'm a retired nurse and I know there is a syndrome called "water intoxication". I'll drink more water but a gallon plus is way too much in my opinion.
My surgeon told me that I am to drink no more than 64 oz of water. If I consume any other liquids it should be less than 10 calories per 8 oz. Since I have had the lap band I can only drink one 8 oz glass of low sodium V-8 (spicy hot---LOVE IT) and the 64 oz of water. Any more than that and I cannot eat anything. My body cannot do all that liquid AND the food I am supposed to eat.

Missy
Missy you have to follow what the doctor says to do to be successful. Your in a different situtation than the rest of us who have not had the lap band.

Keep up your good work.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:27 PM

welcome back MJ............you were greatly missed. Glad you got your new computer.

Cant wait to hear your encouragement.