Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-09-2011, 04:45 PM

On the good advice of my friends, I spent the day in the hospital. They let me come home just now, which is good.

Too much heat, dehydrated, no more blood clots, no heart attack, very short of breath.

Came home to a/c and rest, rest, rest. water. water. water.
at least when I gave the u/a sample, my urine was clear. shows I've been drinking water.

Love you,
MJ
Old 06-09-2011, 06:10 PM

MJ, glad that you are home and under watchful eyes. We have missed you.

I over did a lot today and have taken all the pain meds I can for another 3 hours. My eating was good and on program - unlike yesterday when I had SIX mini ice cream sandwiches.

Not gonna do that anymore. I give my word to everyone of you. Please ask me from time to time to keep me honest.

I always thought that Dr Pepper would be my biggest struggle. Sometimes I surprise myself.

Have a wonderful evening.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:38 PM

I'm still "ontrack" I haven't gained, but I've only lost like .4 lbs this week. Probably becuase the only working out I've done was weight lifting with Bill.

Just a couple of facts that popped into my head while reading posts and catching up.

#1 you have to burn 3500 calories to get rid of ONE pound of fat!

#2 the closer you are to your goal the harder it is to burn that 3500 calories.

#3 "If you don't get off your butt and do something it'll never happen." This was a direct quote from Bill, my trainer. When I was complaining about the heat!

Yep I was right he's just the kick in the pants I need to get off this platue and get back on track!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:04 AM

Mj - So relieved that you went to the hospital. I know I'm not the only one that worries about you. Take care and follow doc directions.

I weighed in this morning and lost .5 lb. It's not much but it is going down instead of staying the same or going up. I know I also lost some inches so that's a good thing.

My food was good yesterday, stayed with in food plan and also kept it within health requirements. Exercise wasn't as good - I only walked 40 minutes and didn't go swimming.

I'm sceduled for 1 hour of water aerobics today so it should be better today.

Have a good day everyone! we're supposed to have storms here - the whole town spent all day yesterday cleaning up after Wed night storm.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:34 AM

thank you for your concerns. I know when I was at the hospital yesterday we were all worried. I had to list the current "diseases" or issues and they were: survived cancer 2x, survived pulmonary embolisms x30, diabetes, high blood pressure, liver disease, chronic kidney disease, congestive heart failure, fibromyalgia and TMJ. By time we listed all that, they decided to do every test they could think of. I felt really stupid when they came back with heart spasms due to over heating.

Today I am lounging in the living room under the air conditioner.
I am drinking my delicious homemade latte. (iced)

Journal:
What blessing did I receive today?
Part 2: What blessing did I give?

Motivation: You can't keep doing the same old thing and expect the results to be different...

Love,
MJ
Old 06-10-2011, 09:38 AM

one of the two online employers paid me.
the other says he will today. we shall see.

I took a chance by working online, so I acknowledge that this was my "mistake" also. If this one pays me today, then I will be ok, as he was my primary employer.

so far this month from the "freelancing" type jobs I've made:
$124
$ 50
$ 27
$ 24
$ 18
and a contract by the end of the month for $70
not an enormous sum, but it is to me as I have no float in my expenses. The trip yesterday cost me $ and another prescription, so far this month I've spent out of pocket $225 for these. The month ain't over.

Thanks for listening to me whine. Back to your regularly scheduled program...
:lol:
Old 06-10-2011, 10:45 AM

Well,good.I'm glad.And It would be to me too.We barely scrape by as it is in this economy.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:55 AM

He paid me! I'm rich!

Much happier now.

Xylie, I live penny to penny. Everything makes a difference. And I love your posts. Keep up the effort, they really lift me up.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:19 PM

I paid $5 for a vintage dressing table at a yard sale Saurday. I just found 17 cents in when I started cleaning it up. Talk about living penny to penny - I was excited. The lastest thing that wants my money - I need a month of physical therapy - my copay is $30 for each session. At this point, it might as well be a million.

I've been lurking, but nothing to add. My weight just loves where it's at so much. I am ready to try on my smallest pants and if they fit, I'm good to go. I don't think they will but who knows.

I had a large bowl of oatmeal with almonds and raisins for brunch and haven't been too hungry since.

I AM losing weight. Judy
Old 06-10-2011, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
one of the two online employers paid me.
the other says he will today. we shall see.

I took a chance by working online, so I acknowledge that this was my "mistake" also.

Thanks for listening to me whine. Back to your regularly scheduled program...
:lol:
Care to share what it is you do? I have been looking into finding some supplmental income from home, but everything seems to scream scam these days.