Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
BLOCK OF THE MONTH - APRIL 2007 - Frolic Variation and/or Arrowheads - Directions & Discussion >

BLOCK OF THE MONTH - APRIL 2007 - Frolic Variation and/or Arrowheads - Directions & Discussion

BLOCK OF THE MONTH - APRIL 2007 - Frolic Variation and/or Arrowheads - Directions & Discussion

Old 04-05-2007, 11:00 AM

thank you for the help We have a new comp. It was to have all the updated items I love to quilt so the patterns are a great enjoyment. sorry about the hand hope it is doing good to day sa we go along all of your names will come i am just taking a break from my yard we have a very large garden and fkower bed it is my second love all have a great day from the northern part of utah next to the idaho border. gwen
Old 04-05-2007, 03:37 PM

Right! I guess I should have thought before I made such an IDIOTIC remark :lol: Or that othat saying "open mouth- insert foot!" :oops:
Old 04-06-2007, 03:23 PM

Hi! I'm new & would like to know when the BOM started & how I can get past blocks. I love April's & will attemp them after Easter & company.
Thnak you so much!
Terry in NY :D
Old 04-06-2007, 05:47 PM

It started in March here are the directions for the block
Old 04-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by susan s.
Right! I guess I should have thought before I made such an IDIOTIC remark :lol: Or that othat saying "open mouth- insert foot!" :oops:
i spend so much time with one foot in my mouth i've had to learn to get around by hopping on the other.
:lol:
Old 04-07-2007, 02:38 AM

I thought I had posted this suggestion already but can not find it now. Which would explain why no one has replied to it. So here goes again, :?: I was thinking that since there are so many of us on the BOM List that if we did three blocks ea. mo. i.e. instead of the next 1 person on the list picking a block, have the next 3 people do a block choice. That would give us three designs to do or choose from. And we could get through this first list in about a year instead of three. :!:
Old 04-07-2007, 03:49 AM
Administrator

i saw your suggestion. it's under the March block. either pictures or main ... can't remember which. can't speak for anybody else. my immediate reaction was "oooooo, goody, goody, goody!" but was thinking it over before i expressed an opinion publicly.

I'm single. my son is grown and gone out into the world. i have very few claims on my time outside the office. so, for me, the more blocks the better. i can crank out samplers, which i love, without having to "agonize" over which blocks to use. i plan to do them all whether i "like" them or not. once they're all together in a top they will all look great. I don't know how others with much less "me" time would feel about it.

more than one block per month would be an upside for some of us, but maybe too many for some others.

it would make the wait for a turn to pick shorter, but some people still have a year to hang in there with us.

my main concern would be the risk of somebody being disappointed if one of the blocks in a given month turned out to be obviously more or less popular than the others. it's tough sifting through all the blocks you can find out there to make a final selection. i think it would be only human to be disappointed if something i picked was passed over more often than one or both of the others.

how was that for "i still don't know"? LOL
:shock: :mrgreen: :wink:
Old 04-07-2007, 04:16 AM

I have been mulling over the idea myself. I don't want to wait 3 years for _____ (place name here) to post her block, and I don't want to wait a year or two to get a quilt from all of these BOMs. And I do not have a problem with impatience. :mrgreen:
Old 04-07-2007, 05:36 AM

Welllllll, we could do a block a week.....

cause like Patrice, my kids are grown and moved on. I don't have a lot of draw on my time except for my inability to say NO, but that's my fault. I don't want anyone's feeling to be hurt either, but then again, whether a block is a choice in a year or two or three in a month, if we don't like the block or not it's an individual choice whether to try it or not.

We aren't going to be critical of the PERSON, or their choice, (the main reason I joined was to challenge myself and since I'm still fighting and frustrated with the March BOM.......) the thing we want is to try new things, no one should be thin skinned enough to take any comments personally. RIGHT???

JMHO,
Sharon
Old 04-07-2007, 05:43 AM

Another thought from the wings here....how about one on the first of the month and one on the 15th?