women friends

Old 02-12-2011, 08:52 AM

I have my 'lunch bunch' at work and we all laugh and have a great time everyday for an hour, but that's enough 'girl-time' for me. My hubby is my best friend. When we do go out with friends, it's always couples. Makes for more interesting conversation!
Old 02-12-2011, 08:54 AM

I like being a loner, I had to get along only with myself, if you have to count on people you either get stabbed in the back or you have to wait for them there snotty and bossy and i don't like either. So i'm better off alone, and so much happier.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:50 AM

Of course you are not weird.

For me, shopping is a chore and best done alone, as quickly as possible and only when necessary.

If you develop a friendship with a like-minded person ... a sibling, a daughter/son, a spouse, or other(s) not blood-kin, there is nothing like it. It is fabulous. I have a few left who have not yet died (+ a few that I've lost contact with after moving so often over the years), but I have 2 female friends with whom I keep in touch by phone, a sister by e-mail, and 2 daughters who live nearby, all of whom I know I can count on for good conversation, lots of shared laughter, and no back-stabbing, just as they can count on the same from me. If I had never known that kind of friendship, I probably would not miss it, just as I do not miss having grandchildren because I've never had any.

Life hands each of us different situations and that we make the best of it and are content with who we are is what's important.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:15 AM

Thank you, all! I am a loner, too. My DH and best friend has gone to heaven. Love going to lunch with a few friends and some quilting groups, but am always glad to get home to do my thing. Go shopping only when I need something. May I join your club?
Old 02-12-2011, 11:37 AM

I was that way until I retired and moved to the country. Now I cherish the friends I've made from this board, our group we've created, and shopping or talking any time we can. But understand, we don't talk on the phone every day -- we visit on FB or in e-mails and only once in a while. We all have lives that are busy.....but it's nice to have another woman to bounce ideas off of when we go fabric shopping. Especially, when the shops are over an hour away and we yak all the way there and back!!!! :)
Old 02-12-2011, 04:40 PM

Don't feel weird. I much prefer shopping alone as well as many other activities. That way I can come and go as I please and no waiting around. I AM NOT antisocial. Sometimes we just need to do our own thing.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:41 PM

I have about 10 really good( girl) friends that I could not live without. Mostly I just like being with them. I'm not a shopper and I don't tell them my darkest secrets. I think if you have one or two friend that you know will be there when you need them that's all that counts.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:09 PM

It seems to me that the minute you get the female friend is when you get the backstabbing and 'comments' about your housework, your attitudes,how 'different' you are etc. Suit yourself and forget about the inane unnecessary comments that they like to make. You will be a lot happier.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:18 PM

I have two best friends..Diana who has been my BF since i was a kid ( ok so im not that old) and Chris who is actually an ex boyfriend ( well was a friend first lol) Guess who i talk to more..Yep, Chris. Im a loner. I don't have many woman friends. My quilt guild and the other Troop leaders are the only women i really even talk to. Other then my mom and sister but they don't really count they have to talk to me =D. What is funny is that all us women don't get along with other women in person but get along great on QB..Hmmmm makes you wonder huh?
Old 02-12-2011, 06:24 PM

Maybe the ones with friends that waste all that time are the weird ones. Just think how much you could have done on that quilt in that chit chat time.