Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How long have you been a quilter...and what is your favorite block? or quilt? >
  • How long have you been a quilter...and what is your favorite block? or quilt?

• How long have you been a quilter...and what is your favorite block? or quilt?

Old 02-15-2011, 05:47 AM

my favorite quilt blocks are anything hexagonal or scrappy i have made three postage stamp quilts and i am working on a mini thimble twin size now as dh has passed away been quilting since i was six learned at my dear mom's knee
    Old 02-15-2011, 05:54 AM

I'm pretty new, been six months, so no preferences yet as still at the start of the learning curve. This place has been amazingly helpful.
    Old 02-15-2011, 05:55 AM

i have been quilting on and off for 35 yrs starting in high school , my favorite is scrappy i love all the different colors , my favorite pattern is 'trip around the world' , my favorite block is 'hanky panky-deck of cards ' my favorite quilt, all of them , i still have my first quilt from high school , i too give a lot of my quilts away , i love the look on peoples faces who receive my quilts .
    Old 02-15-2011, 05:57 AM

I have been quilting for 2 1/2 years. I really love the scrappy quilts and hope to have enough scraps in my stash someday to make one.
    Old 02-15-2011, 06:06 AM

Quilting about 54 years now - no favorite block and almost never make the same block twice in over 100 quilts. There are too many options available to try to repeat anything!
    Old 02-15-2011, 06:06 AM

I'm a member of the 30+group-started with traditional pieced, then appliqued now my favorite is still crazy patch/scrap quilts with a artquilt twist. Love trying all the new surface techniques on fabric and making orginals instead of patterns or kits. Moosegirl
    Old 02-15-2011, 06:11 AM

I have been quilting for so many years Ive lost track ,am 78,learned to hand piece in the early 40s with my mom. I love all the traditional block,log cabins, and do needleturn applique of old barns and flowers. Love doing the postage stamp size trip around the world. I always make full to king size quilts. Give many away and also sell them.
    Old 02-15-2011, 06:20 AM

Hmmm, I would say I've been quilting off & on the last 20yrs.
    Favourite blocks? For me it depends on the day! I love to applique, love Dresdan plate, & love pinwheels!
    Maureen
    Old 02-15-2011, 06:25 AM

I have been quilting for about 50 years, but only the last 20 have been really productive. (Bunch of grandkids to make quilts for.)I never keep a quilt for myself. One kid or the other "looooves" it, and it goes home with them. I favor traditional blocks, but applique is my favorite thing. I love making baby quilts. Have plenty of recipients for those too. Those grandkids are having kids!
    Old 02-15-2011, 06:33 AM

I made my first quilt about twenty years ago. It was a Lone Star. I made it for my son. He's twenty-three now and he still has that quilt. I made a few simple patchwork quilts over the years. My skills really improved when I bought Harriet Hargrave's book Quilter's Academy Vol.1 about two years ago.