2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 04-16-2015, 07:53 AM

Hi all have been off the board and out of the loop due to health issues. Am trying to be active again.........I have to go back and read everyone's posts...............calla
Old 04-16-2015, 08:02 AM

I bet you'll see a lot of bee hives. It's a traditional block inside the church.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:34 PM

Welcome back, Calla. I hope your health issues are in your past now.

Connie
Old 04-16-2015, 05:34 PM
Power Poster

Calla, good to see you back. We've actually been well behaved this year so far. There are days when that is getting real old to be honest. But.......I'll continue to be good. Sigh!
Old 04-17-2015, 05:54 AM

Calla: Nice to see you back. Sorry you have been ill. As Martina said, "We've actually been well behaved". Problem is virtue may be its own reward but it isn't half as interesting as the alternative. Don't mean to cast aspersions but wonder how much of our success is due to the call of the garden and that beautiful spring weather.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:13 PM
Power Poster

Well Emma, I went to Joann today. Got a bolt of water soluble stabilizer @50% off and two pieces of fabric with butterflies caught my attention. They work perfectly with the round robin I am working on. It will save me tons of time. I asked the cashier for a recommendation on how to store the stabilizer once it's open. Answer: Don't get it wet. It was VERY DIFFICULT not to answer "DUH!" lol
Old 04-18-2015, 07:00 AM

calla welcome back I hope your health improves daily.

I don't know about spring helping with the moratorium. I seem to be able to garden and spend money, lol.

I recently bought 5 fat quarters for a card trick block and immediately cut it wrong. I cut the smaller into the quarters, ugh. Right now I'm taking a break from that block. It seems like every time I approach a triangle I bungle it.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:01 AM

tk: I suspect we are all pretty good at multitasking when it comes to acquiring fabric. I notice in my own case my quilting mania subsides a little in the spring and summer to come roaring back in the fall.
I understand and sympathize with the saga of the triangle. Not always but sometimes if I can fix in my mind where the longer leg goes I seem to do better.

Wanted to announce to my fellow over consumers that I just ordered a Janome 6600. Its probably more machine than I absolutely needed but I'm on cloud nine. It would probably be a week before she arrives but that delivery person is going to be greeted with fire works.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:07 AM
Power Poster

CONGRATULATIONS on the new addition, Emma. I wish the two of you many happy hours of quilting bliss.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:22 AM

Congratulations on your new sewing machine Emma!

Right now I am very happy to see the rain starting. I did finish raking and cleaning up the yard only an hour ago. I might get to see my sewing machine tomorrow. It is suppose to be rainy for 3 days! I need to brown 5 pounds of pork sausage this afternoon to deliver to the church for the breakfast in the morning. The men are going to do the scrambled eggs in the morning. I wish we could have gotten the bag of already cooked sausage like we did in the past. Then I need to bake 2 dozen blueberry muffins. Too busy for shop hops.

My girlfriend was off this morning for Chicago to a fabric warehouse showing for quilt shop owners. She works part-time for a quilt shop. Then on Tuesday, she will go Hannibal, Missouri to do the Highway 36 quilt shops across Missouri to the Missouri Star Quilt Company. She wanted me to go, but it is the start of corn planting season and that means lunches and coffee to be delivered to the field. So I would have loved to have gone, but it is good so I won't be tempted to buy fabric.

Stay strong fellow members of the fabric moratorium! We need to use up our wonderful stashes.