Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-01-2011, 03:02 PM

Hi all, and welcome to all the new folks.
MJ, so glad your back and feeling better.
Irishrose thanks for stepping up and helping out.
I lost 7.5 for June and would like to match or beat that if I can.
I need to up my walking and eat out less. DH likes to do that and it's a real challenge for me to find something healthy and low cal.
Missy maybe you can take the cake cut just enough for a couple bits and pass the rest in a napkin to the trash then your not tempted to take just one more bit. No since temping your dark side. We all have that dark side I know I do. If it's not on the plate I don't miss it.
I have done good so far today but need to drink more water. Think I'll do that right now
Bye for now...I am losing!!!
Hugs to all
Gail
Old 07-01-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Hi all, and welcome to all the new folks.
MJ, so glad your back and feeling better.
Irishrose thanks for stepping up and helping out.
I lost 7.5 for June and would like to match or beat that if I can.
I need to up my walking and eat out less. DH likes to do that and it's a real challenge for me to find something healthy and low cal.
Missy maybe you can take the cake cut just enough for a couple bits and pass the rest in a napkin to the trash then your not tempted to take just one more bit. No since temping your dark side. We all have that dark side I know I do. If it's not on the plate I don't miss it.
I have done good so far today but need to drink more water. Think I'll do that right now
Bye for now...I am losing!!!
Hugs to all
Gail
I think your idea is great too!! You guys have so much wisdom!!

Missy
Old 07-01-2011, 03:12 PM

Okay, Missy, this is my plan when i want to stay on target.

Get the piece of cake.
Cut off exactly how much you want to eat.

Immediately cover the rest of it with black pepper or salt.

I've done this before and it works!
(Nobody else will want to eat it anyway)

You can do it!
MJ
Old 07-01-2011, 03:23 PM

I had my first very BAD experience with my lap band today. It was MY fault but bad nonetheless. I went out to eat with Cathie at our local Indian Curry restaurant (LOVE the SPICY FOODS!!). We sat down to eat and I put a bite in my mouth and I thought I chewed and chewed but apparently I did not. It got stuck and I thought if I take a drink it will get better but the pain got worse. I literally ran to the bathroom and made it in the door of the stall just in time. Out it came with a vengence! It was horrible. After barfing what I had eaten and drank I felt so much better. I went back and ate a few more bites (much more slowly and lots of chewing this time) and felt better.

It was seriously humbling. I had begun to carry myself with an attitude that I was able to eat and drink whatever and it would be okay. Now I know that my band IS restrictive and I MUST follow my surgeon's instructions. I have not stepped on a scale since week before last so I hope I have a loss when I go in for my fill this week. If not, the fill will certainly make it easier to lose this weight.

Like I said, I feel very humbled and feel as though I need to step down off my high horse and do what I know to do.

Thanks for letting me share. I hope I wasn't too graphic.

You guys are such a great source of support and care and concern. Thank you for that. May I always be true to what a real friend is to all of you!

Missy
Old 07-01-2011, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Okay, Missy, this is my plan when i want to stay on target.

Get the piece of cake.
Cut off exactly how much you want to eat.

Immediately cover the rest of it with black pepper or salt.

I've done this before and it works!
(Nobody else will want to eat it anyway)

You can do it!
MJ
WHOA. That would work in a instant!! I never thought of that before!!

Missy
Old 07-01-2011, 04:26 PM

i just need to say that i don't want angelina's body, but i'd love to have brad's. think how much i'd lose if i had him to "use" all month!! thank goodness it's a loooong month. a girl can dream can't she?

for the record , i propose that we start calling the fq's, "not so skinny, but it IS losing"quarters. we are trying to get rid of fat for good,right?

missy, is that texas bbq? you best send some my way! pm me for my address! girl, you are going to be in serious temptation country if you're going to be in tx! heat or no, i'd love to be there!!!lol
Old 07-01-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
i just need to say that i don't want angelina's body, but i'd love to have brad's. think how much i'd lose if i had him to "use" all month!! thank goodness it's a loooong month. a girl can dream can't she?

for the record , i propose that we start calling the fq's, "not so skinny, but it IS losing"quarters. we are trying to get rid of fat for good,right?

missy, is that texas bbq? you best send some my way! pm me for my address! girl, you are going to be in serious temptation country if you're going to be in tx! heat or no, i'd love to be there!!!lol
You bet it is Texas BBQ!!! Is there any other kind of BBQ worthy to serve at a wedding? LOL!! I won't be in Texas but we have Texas BBQ here!!! I will be in Texas at the end of the month. I CANNOT wait to dive into some brisket...YUMM-O!!

Missy who knows how tempting this is going to be!
Old 07-01-2011, 07:23 PM

The countdown begins. The winner will be posted at 12:01 EST. It will be past the 1st here at that time.

I took two grandsons to see an African Children's Choir tonight. It was well worth the effort. Very uplifting. Over of an of smiling. BTW, the children - probably 10-14 years old - were very thin. They moved with intensity most of the time they were on stage. Talk about an aerobic workout and then to sing while they were doing it. Wow!

It's very warm in here and I am starting a double layer fleece blanket and matching pillow (pillow for playtime only). I made one for this baby's cousin in February. Every time Eliza sees Arianna with the blanket, she beats her up and takes it. I think Eliza needs her own. One edge is bound in satin, so I bet that's the draw. I've got lots of time. The party is not until 1:00 tomorrow.

Nanci, I used to agree with you about Brad Pitt, but I won't fight you for him any more.

I AM losing weight. Judy
Old 07-01-2011, 08:15 PM

Drum roll, please ****** the winner is charity-crafter with a 10 pound loss ***********. Please PM her for her snail mail address and send a losing quarter (nancia says we don't like the word fat).

Charity-crafter, congratulations and please post here so people can find you easily. I know there's a list, but here is easier.

Congratulations are in order to all who participated. Even if the weight loss wasn't there or was low, it says to me we are taking responsibility for the parts of our health we can control. For those of us who lost everywhere from my 1 pound to c-c's 10 pounds, good for us. I especially like the 7, 8 and 9s. It means those of you in this group were close to or at the nice 2 pound a week loss. Xylie's 5 is reasonable for most people.

I AM losing weight. Judy
Old 07-01-2011, 08:45 PM

to be honest, i'm not sure i'd fight for him either! for me it just seemed the better alternative. there are so many beautiful people in this world, and in this country, and i think we focus too much on the exterior and not enough on the real person inside. my daughter was blessed with very good looks but by far her best feature is her smile. she glows when she's happy, just like the rest of us and that light comes from inside us. do things, think things, make things that make you happy! and eat things that make you healthy! it will show, inside and out!
btw, i am losing weight!