Favorite Breed

Old 09-29-2011, 01:29 PM

Boxers for me!!
Old 09-29-2011, 01:36 PM

My DH and I will be looking at a Lab/shepherd mix at the local Sanctuary... she's just beautiful and well-behaved... He's always wanted a lab and we hear they are wonderful family pets. I'm in the love-the-mix group.. Pure breeds are great, but our best dogs (during 36 years) have been the mutts... (Don't let Libby the beagle hear me say that!!)
Old 09-29-2011, 02:02 PM

Mutts are the best. However I tend to love whatever breed I presently own and love.

Kat
Old 09-29-2011, 02:06 PM

I love terriers; which is the root of the word terror, lol! Actually, they are very smart which gives them the reputation of being mischievious; loyal, and great protectors.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:35 PM

I love ALL dogs, but we are partial to beagles around here. We have four now (three of them rescued), and had two boys who have passed (one of those rescued). Their personalities are all so different, but boy are they all SMART! I sometimes think we could switch to a lazy, big dumb dog someday, but I know we never will.

Must go - Charlie is "tracking" a squirrel around the back yard...
Old 09-29-2011, 02:40 PM

I wouldn't have anything except a Lhasa Apso. I have had 4 and they are so smart. Chloe in the picture to the left learned to sit up in 15 minutes. Now she does it when ever she wants something.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:52 PM

I love BOXERS!! We got ours from a rescue - he is the best dog ever. Boxers are great with kids, have great silly personalities, and are way more bark than bite!! He'd wiggle to death before he ever bit anyone. Very much family dogs, loves all things round, 'cuz that must mean it's a ball and they train easy.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:58 PM

We have 2 Jack Russel terrier mixes and they are just plain smart(the female being the leader and the smartest). Never really house trained them, they just never go potty in the house, although they are out more than in. I would like to have a soft, cuddly dog, but it won't be with the 2 that rule here now. Used to have a shitzu, and she never shed and she loved me.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:21 PM

Rescue Dobermans. We've had many over the years, from 1 to 3 at a time. All were rescued from nasty owners, and DH even stole one that was kept tied to a tree in an abandoned orchard. That one, Hilda, was the most beautiful picture perfect Dobe I've ever seen, with the brains of a cartoon blonde!!! But loving and extremely protective, as long as she remembered who was visiting family and strangers.
Kurt was rescued from a medical testing group, and was the most intelligent dog who ever lived, bar none. Then there was Hans, starving and brought to our door step and left there. Gertrude, dumped when her family moved and someone told us about her running around, begging food. 3 others, but they were old when we got them, all we could do is feed and pet them for the short time we had them.
A large Doberman in the car's front seat tends to discourage anyone who wants a free ride from strangers.....
Old 09-29-2011, 03:26 PM

I loved your line about her remembering who the visiting family is. Ftdefinitely sounds like a blonde. Hehe