2017 Fabric Moratorium

Old 05-12-2017, 05:12 AM

Martina, what a kind thought for someone who has been so violated. I'm sure it will encourage him in his journey back to health. Your quilt will remind him that there still are kind gentle people in this crazy world we live in. Sharon
Old 05-12-2017, 05:44 AM

Elly: beautiful mother's day present. You will love it. I get crabby when I can't use mine for any length of time.

Rob: OMG.....yes. Let's get around all those retreat rules. I'll organize an online one if you do one a different weekend! LOL
Old 05-12-2017, 05:52 AM

Hi. My name is Chris. And I need a 12 step program for fabric. *holds head down in shame*

I ended up having a weak moment and purchased LOTS of fabric.

Does it count if it was an incredible deal?
Old 05-12-2017, 08:50 AM
Power Poster

Don't hold your head in shame, Chris. There is no need or we would all walk into things with our heads permanently down. Just get back on the wagon. It's OK! Really, we understand, don't we?

My next quilt has a name: "Sweet Music and Harmony for Dereck" - gonna start on it today. All the fabric is washed and dried, and the cutting order is written down.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:20 AM

Martina, you are a doll. But if you knew what was in the mail waiting to be delivered for me you'd be smacking me upside the head. No lie. BUT...on the flipside, I'll have a lot of choices since the smallest amount purchased of any one kind was 5 yards. So if nothing else, I have no reason to look for more backing material. hehehe

The yard sales are beginning....will be hard to stay away from them, as I typically find SOMETHING I can use regarding yardage. LOL I'm so bad....
Old 05-12-2017, 10:41 AM
Power Poster

Well, realizing that you have a problem is a step in the right direction. Maybe you are just not there yet. It took me a while to focus on stash shopping before going out (or online) shopping. I remember getting many packages (as opposed to the U-Haul truck stopping lol) and how excited I would get. That feeling has dimmed a bit for me which is OK.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
Hi. My name is Chris. And I need a 12 step program for fabric. *holds head down in shame*

I ended up having a weak moment and purchased LOTS of fabric.

Does it count if it was an incredible deal?
Chris, don't worry about it, nor feel "ashamed". There are a LOT worse things to be addicted to than fabric, right?
I must admit that, while I have not put too much of a dent in my stash, I have at least managed to not add to it! And this in spite of all these "Mother's Day" sales and promos that are landing in my email.

I'm working on a relatively quick project, a "Dr. Seuss kit", that I bought a while back (2-3 years, maybe?). It's working up pretty fast, and will also have some polka dot leftovers to be used in my MQX challenge for next year. I'm at the part of joining rows together, so that will knock out a whole kit, plus some stash for the backing. Unfortunately, it can't count on my UFO finish, as this was a start-now-and-finish-quick project.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:03 AM
Power Poster

Well, I had a little set-back. I spent a day spring cleaning at the cottage and on the way home I decided to treat myself and stop at a LQS. I have no 'shabby' florals and need an assortment for a planned quilt. Since it's a scrappy design, I decided to only get a 1/4 yard of any that filled the bill, however, when I got there I found out that the entire fabric stock was 30% off including the clearance fabric. I was unaware of the sale because I had been deleting their emails, so at least I tried to be good! At least one of my purchases was a shabby floral!
Finished & gifted the other baby quilt:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]573099[/ATTACH]
this is a doll quilt (18" X 24") I made from the scraps:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]573100[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails holly.jpg   doll.jpg  
Old 05-14-2017, 08:49 AM
Power Poster

Cute baby quilt, princess. I give you kudos for "trying to be good" lol. At 30% that's quite the savings.

I started the music quilt and got quite a bit done Friday night but then our pup took a turn for the worse and we had to send her over the rainbow bridge yesterday. What an emotional day. I tried to get back to sewing but literally fell asleep at the needle. I figured that wouldn't end up in a neat 1/4" seam so I called it a day and took a long nap instead. Planning to get back to it today - in much better spirits.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:50 AM
Power Poster

Oh Martina, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.