Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
herniated discs...have you got em?? >

herniated discs...have you got em??

herniated discs...have you got em??

Old 06-15-2011, 10:44 AM

I'm feeling for you.

Mine are in my neck, had tremendous pain but Physical Therapy was the greatest thing, I'd never guess that exercise could relieve the misery.

Hope it might work for you too?
Old 06-15-2011, 10:46 AM

So sorry for your pain. Hang in there, and follow this Dr's orders
Old 06-15-2011, 11:24 AM

I had C5/C6 fusion last year and am much better. Now having issues with lower back and will find out tomorrow what DR. is going to do. I sympathize with you. Hang in there.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:31 PM

I have 4 in my neck! Stenosis & arthritis
Old 06-15-2011, 12:40 PM

"Age-related, deteriorated discs" and not much can be done about it...... was my diagnosis. And, I cannot stand without hanging onto something. Lose my balance and have had some falls, breaks, surgery to repair, etc. No fun. I am only 78 years old and have too many quilts to make to quit, but sometimes it is very disheartening when trying to do something. I give thanks it isn't worse and bless my dear husband for his TLC and patience. God bless all who have problems.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:32 PM

I knew, I just had surgery myselfin April still healing.
It seems I had a luminectomy which is shaving out the bone that surrounds your nerves that channel down your spine,so they don't touch or pinch. Also had 3 bulging discs, don't know the difference in herniated. I think I traded for restless leg syndrome. Now I have to take the pain meds for that. Who knows what will happen after surgery. I'm still in pain so you will have to use your best judgement. although I maybe better off in the long run, I'm giving it a little more time. It's just 2months.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:36 PM

My poor husband has had 2 herniated disks for over 20 years! WhenI first met him I didn't know, he didn't say... one of our first dates was white water rafting!!!!!!! poor baby was banged up for 2 weeks! It's been 6 years and I'm still trying to talk him into surgery; one of his co-workers had back surgery & says it has changed his life.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:42 PM

I am so sorry you have joined the ranks of "degenerative disc disease" sufferers like me. I would not wish this on my worst enemy if I had one. I have two at my waist, and one just below my neck. I know I have a set of wheels in my future, but I will put it off until I have no choice. I have a 'massage chair' insert, especially the heat feature, that helps sometimes.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:14 PM

my pain is in my hip and legs too. they told me 21 years ago that I would have to learn to live with it.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:36 PM

I have three in my neck, all of which are making some degree of cord compression. Refusing surgery so far. A relative (who also happens to be an orthopedic surgeon) recommended acupuncture almost 12 years ago --- his logic was that even if it didn't help any, it couldn't hurt to try. I am so glad I listened to him. Not only did it work, I am able to keep up a normal pace. Three guesses who got a quilt for Christmas that year!!! I do get occasional tingling in my one arm, but that is all. I just know that its time to go back for another treatment. Anything not to have surgery!!!

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I pray for success with your chosen treatment.