"Weigh In"

Old 02-22-2010, 01:18 PM

a few suggestions for those who are trying to avoid processed foods and/or refined sugar:

check out The Eat-Clean Diet and The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook by Tosca Reno. Actually she has several cookbooks available. I have 3 of them. They are very good, emphasizing using real food (vs. processed) and give lots of info on healthy food decisions. If you like these, there's also "Clean Eating" magazine. It's published in Canada but I find it at my local Fred Meyer. It also has a website:
http://www.cleaneating.com

as a sugar substitute in coffee/tea, try Stevia. It's completely natural from the stevia plant. No chemicals, calories, carbs, fat, . . . . It's quite a bit sweeter than sugar and I usually get 3-4 cups of tea sweetened by one little packet. If you try it, try it in small amounts first because a little goes a long way. It's gaining in popularity and is now easier to find in regular grocery stores. Most natural food stores will have it too.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by lhavelka
Oh no!!!!! Weighed in today and I didnt lose an ounce :cry: I didnt cheat at all and didnt lose an ounce. I'm not giving up gotta still keep going.
lhavelka: Don't give up. You know inside that you did the right thing. It will show up next week. The truth always tells.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:53 PM

My exercise for today was 8.5 hours of moving fabric back and forth... pushing shelves... but it was a good workout... I do it all again tomorrow... then hopefully next week we move from fabric on to something else!!! lol I post it here cause it was a work out!
Old 02-22-2010, 01:56 PM

I didn't lose anything lbs this week either. It is frustrating but not enough to give up. I will keep on this wagon!! I am hoping it will show next week.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:12 PM

No loss in weight for me this past week, no gain either.

Brenda, thanks so much for your encouraging words, I will keep checking in more often.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lneal
I didn't lose anything lbs this week either. It is frustrating but not enough to give up. I will keep on this wagon!! I am hoping it will show next week.
Good for you Lneal. I love the quote, "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, 'I'll try again tomorrow'" - Mary Anne Radmacher
Old 02-22-2010, 03:51 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

It seems a lot of us didn't loss any or very little weight this week. It must have to do with the weather or global warming, we have to blame it on something. Maybe it is some sort of Mega food corp propaganda and they are working with the medical field and really what we think we are eating in points or calories we're not it is actually more. This is so we won't loss weight, have medical problems and have to go to the doctor more often. I think that is it, it is not us it is THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol:

I don't understand how there could be global warming when area of the country that are usually warm had snow and ice. I think they are wrong they got it backwards there isn't global warming and it is going to be another ice age. But that is just my opinion. :roll: :roll: :roll:

BIG BROTHER JUST WANTS TO DRIVE US CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach
It seems a lot of us didn't loss any or very little weight this week. It must have to do with the weather or global warming, we have to blame it on something. Maybe it is some sort of Mega food corp propaganda and they are working with the medical field and really what we think we are eating in points or calories we're not it is actually more. This is so we won't loss weight, have medical problems and have to go to the doctor more often. I think that is it, it is not us it is THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol:

I don't understand how there could be global warming when area of the country that are usually warm had snow and ice. I think they are wrong they got it backwards there isn't global warming and it is going to be another ice age. But that is just my opinion. :roll: :roll: :roll:

BIG BROTHER JUST WANTS TO DRIVE US CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!
many scientists think this way... that it doesn't exist... and that it was all thought up by the government...
Old 02-22-2010, 05:10 PM

Mrs Mel: Thanks for the encouragement. It really helps when someone tells you that it will get better.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:11 PM

Lneal, Obie2: Looks like we are in the same boat!!! No weight loss but we are determined to continue. Maybe this is our plateau???? Let's keep up the hard work!!!