Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are You Going to Work on Today?? >

What are You Going to Work on Today??

What are You Going to Work on Today??

Old 02-27-2011, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by jrhboxers
Originally Posted by Pam B
I am going to go on-line in a little bit to file FAFSA so youngest DD will get her merit scholarships again next year. Priority deadline for her university is on Tues so I will be a couple days ahead of the game. This will be the last time we have to file FAFSA...she will graduate next year. Whew! I will be doing a happy dance!!! Then, if I feel up to it (since I am currently dying of this crud that is going around), I may work on putting some pieceing some blocks for the Am Beauty quilt I am working on. Right now, I am watching a college basketball game.
Been there, done that. But this is the first year that we DON'T have to do it. DH graduates from Purdue in May with his Bio-Medical Engineering Degree.
go boilermakers... dh graduated from perdue in 77 with aeronautical engineering degree.... yes, i am married to a rocket scientist.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:22 AM

let the dog in.....let the dog out!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:31 AM

Worked all week-end on DGD's first long formal dress which had a white satin front skirt and flowered and spangled floral top and flounce that flowed diagonally down to the hemline and around the back of the dress. It was 4" too long, so that meant undoing the side seam and cutting the flounce off and angling it up to flow to the waistline. Hmmmmm. Sound like fun to you? It was a challenge, but I finished it and it looks pretty darn good if I do say so myself. So, waiting for the next house block but that is tomorrow and tired of pinwheels, so I will either start my "It is Good To be Square" batik quilt or I will just do some more foundation scrap squares. From the looks of the piles of scraps, I'd say the scrap squares win. Also need to do a table runner for a birthday present.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:11 AM

I am going to finish the border on my lone star wall hanging and knit a few more rows on a throw I am working on.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:44 AM

Alas, no quilting for me today. It's almost spring in Texas. I will be working on a lawn sprinkler system.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:57 AM

Finishing the binding on my new "Great Niece's" baby quilt so I can get it along, with another baby quilt for her made from leftovers of her brother's baby quilt and a country theme "picnic " quilt for both of them, in the mail. My welcome to baby "Rose" of Decatur, GA.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:11 AM

I have done a tube pillow and I love it. I am cutting my scraps, I have two tubs full. I worked on it yesterday for about 3 hours. It is a good feeling to get the cutting done.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
Originally Posted by jrhboxers
Originally Posted by dakotamaid
Driving to our old house to show it for sale. I brought out lots of donation kids quilts to sew and my sewing machine. When we get there I'm going to vacuum, dust and wash rugs. It is not fun keeping up 2 houses. Hope this sells it.
We go back to North Carolina next weekend to clean the carpets and meet with the realtor to list it. Keeping our fingers crossed that it sells soon, even if it is a short sell. When we moved from Indiana to Virginia we had to pay both rent and mortgage for 15 months. Hoping this goes much quicker.

Best of luck that you sell it soon.
Good luck to you also. This is a crummy market these days!
Yes, best of luck...I have been there welcome to Nebraska, I am from Omaha.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:16 AM
Swap Hosts

I make part of my living making veils and first on my list is to rip off some venise trim that I sewed on backwards late at night. Then more organizing. And last but not least, planning my next quilt! I've made quite a few of them but never keep any. Time to make one for me!
Old 02-28-2011, 05:17 AM

My favorite thing in quilting is cutting "scraps". I take one day a week just for that. Have three scrappie tops waiting to be quilted. "I love cutting fabric".