Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • DVD Received in Mail >
  • DVD Received in Mail

• DVD Received in Mail

Old 05-31-2010, 12:17 PM

I do subscribe to McCalls Quilting magazine, and a few others as well. I did find the DVD, after all the good advice from this board I am going to consider it a free gift, just like the letter says. We will see what happens next. Thank you everyone.
    Old 05-31-2010, 12:49 PM

ProudGranny, I really think that the quilting mag co. sell address lists and perhaps they could also get your address if you order from a fabric company.
    But I understand your worry about online info when their has been much reported about facebook= a company I do not trust..
    Old 05-31-2010, 01:21 PM

My subscription to McCalls Quilting has just ran out and I won't be renewing it - like everyone else I have enough magazines & patterns to last eons.
    Old 06-02-2010, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sandra-P
    About 4-6 wks ago I received a DVD I did not order, from McCalls Quilting. ( I subscribe to the mag) They sent it with a "special opportunity to preview" I was going to send it back, I dont want it, didnt order it etc. Now I have a bill for it which says that in 2-3 months they will send more DVDs for a cost of the disc and S&H. I cant find the DVD now, I didn't even watch it, was intending to send it back since I didn't order it...Has anyone else on this board had this sent to them as well? I want to quilt today, not tear my craft room apart looking for this darn thing. I may have to send in the 12.95 for something that I didn't order if I cant find it........
    Yes...I got this same deal. My feeling is...I didn't order so I am under no obligation to pay for it. They did send me a second one, (again, unsolicited by me). With this one, I read the fine print, and it said that there was no obligation to do anything with it....but I "could" pay for it if I wished to continue with their program. I still have both discs, and have not, and do not intend to, pay for either one. I also do not intend to use a stamp to send back their reply card....which does require postage.

I wouldn't stress yourself over it. Just my opinion.

Patti
    Old 06-03-2010, 04:56 AM

Patti: When are they gonna learn. They sent you two? I hope they don't send me another dvd. After reading all of these comments and everyone is saying the same thing, looks like the company would learn by now. You know they probably have seen these comments. Think of the money the co. has lost, not to mention the bad publicity!
    Old 06-03-2010, 07:47 AM

hpylady.....

Yes, they sent two. And they are different. One has to wonder who is in charge of that program...and how much longer they will have their job!!!

Patti
    Old 03-30-2011, 04:41 PM
    RST

There is a no postage required envelope included in the package. Use this to send back everything (unless you would like to keep the DVD, in which case you can keep that. But load up that little return envelope, with marker clearly telling them offer is refused. Then send it. They have to pay for that mailing so if some of your other junk mail finds its way in there, well, huh, how bout that?

Companies will continue to do stupid promotions like this until they find it is unprofitable to do so. This is my attempt to make it clear to them that it is unprofitable to mail me things I did not ask for and do not want. I find campaigns like this one to be really misleading and manipulative, and even if the DVD was super, I would not do business with them because of the way in which they've done this. And I would like to know who sold my name and address -- I never ask to be added to mailing lists which may be sold, and I tend to be very cautious about providing my name and address to sites that may sell info. Anyone think it might be Connecting Threads related? Or is it a Quilting Board thing?

RST
    Old 03-31-2011, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by RST
    Anyone think it might be Connecting Threads related?
    It could be - but if you entered a sweepstakes or drawing, or subscribed to any quilting magazine or even gave your contact information to your local quilt shop, it could have been passed on from those.

Unfortunately, most businesses "share" contact lists.

Email is nearly unusable as a method of personal communications, lately. Even with spam filtering by ISP's and individuals, our inboxes are even more cluttered with commercial mailings than our mailboxes.