Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I think my quilts are cursed >

I think my quilts are cursed

I think my quilts are cursed

Old 01-22-2011, 05:33 PM

I've had friends like this too. When the friendships ended and after I got over the hurt I realized I was relieved. These people are blood suckers. My advice is to pick a charity that you can identify and feel strongly about. Get involved and I think you will find a need there, be it an animal shelter, woman's abuse shelter, seniors home etc. You will feel fulfilled when you donate something you've created because it means so much to those who have so little.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:35 PM

People who treat you badly are not worth wasting time and energy on, let alone the $$$ involved in making a quilt. Save your time, energy and money and put your efforts into worthwhile people and causes (and don't stop quilting).
Old 01-22-2011, 05:48 PM

It's not the quilts. Obviously, you are a giving person, to work so hard to make these quilts for people you love. Maybe some day down the road they will look at their quilt and say, "I wonder what ever happened to ____, I really miss her. She was a kind person and really cared about me." Your quilts will make your memory live on in the people you gave them to. So keep your chin up and keep quilting. God bless you.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:21 PM

I feel ya flying V, seems to be the story of my life, I have decided that I put WAY WAY too much into relationships. That being said,I have never made myself anything other than a hobo bag.I really do need to make myself a quilt.

As far as the X-box, I would be camping out on the door step and demand it to be returned.

The awesome slipknot quilt, if it is too painful to look at,perhaps donate it to a youth center or something like it . They could raffle it off and make some big bucks for a good cause. My brother said his motorcycycle club can easily make 1200 bucks with a handmade quilt raffle!

Or raffle it yourself and donate the money to a good cause!
Rae
Old 01-22-2011, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
Yes, I think you should make a few just for you, and get the pleasure out of it knowing you will love it. And agree with what you said, stop picking the wrong people to make quilts for! Good luck!
I agree - make quilts for yourself - the heck with other people - you have tons of friends here that love you.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Power Poster

Some excellent words from our quilting family. All people evolve and grow at different rates (and it seems some do not at all!). It appears to me, you are outgrowing many of your usual associates.....which is not a bad thing, given some of their behaviours. Continue to quilt, and to give, surround yourself with like minds and walk your life journey with pride and happiness. Your work is lovely, well thought out and executed with care, so keep quilting...and growing.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:43 PM

I just read your post. I don't think your quilts are cursed because afterall, you do put a lot of love into them. Just start donating them to charity.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:14 PM

I agree. Growing is good and sometimes those bad things can lead us to do very good things.
Charity is wonderful... the joy a smile brings from people who do not even know you is wonderful.
Christina B
Old 01-22-2011, 07:31 PM

I agree with what everyone's saying - it's just the wrong people. My personal examples:

Started a quilt for every boyfriend. Finished one for the one that's now DH (you saw that one, the Metroid quilt). The rest never were finished for the intended and eventually were finished, long after the relationship ended, and given to others. They're not cursed or jinxed or anything. I was just dating ... jerks, to use your word. I was with the wrong guys, and the quilts were just me trying to make something special for a jerk, who didn't deserve it.

Started a quilt for a business's partner's son. He and I had a falling out, where he took $3K of my money and stopped talking to me. On the list of life lessons. I'm finishing the quilt for my old boss's son. I quit the job 6 months ago, but I know this family will value my quilt and I'm happy to finish it for them. Original recipient, or rather his father, was a jerk and it was an unhealthy relationship that I was in.

So just be glad those people are out of your life and know that people will be moving into your life who are more deserving of you, your time, your love, and your quilts. Hang in there!
Old 01-22-2011, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Turn it round ..... make quilts for people you don't want in your life any more!
lol, great advice ;-)

I'm kidding of course.