Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-24-2011, 07:25 PM

[quote=marscrafter]
I wanted to say thanks to you all, this is the first time I've really stuck with a lifestyle change like this. (Usually I was lucky to make it a week. LOL) I know a lot of that has to do with having your support, and the collective knowledge here. I officially hit one-derland! That was my big goal for the month, so I'm really happy. Today we did yard work for awhile, every bit helps.
quote]

One-derland!!! :thumbup: :) :thumbup: Another happy dance! I'm going to lose weight doing the happy dance for you shrinking people. I really hate to call anyone a loser.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:55 PM

marscrafter--welcome to one-derland! great place to live!!
Old 09-24-2011, 09:43 PM

Thanks guys, makes me feel really happy! I haven't been in one-derland for five years. Can't wait to see what the next month will bring.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:47 AM

Wow - I miss reading posts for a day and everything falls apart.

Cindy - so sorry to hear about your lung problems. Negative tests results are good. My prayers are with you. Staying positive is a good thing.

Leanne, it sounds like you are doing somewhat better - I hope so.

My prayers to all on this board, those who are sick, those who are struggling with weight loss, and those that are doing good.

marscrafter congratulations for entering one-derland. It's a wonderful feeling. Know that we continue to be here for you and each other. This is the most supportive family I've ever had (outside of DH).

I for one would like to hear how artificial sweetners make you gain weight. I know I use way to much of the stuff. If you don't think others would be interested in your info on fake sugar please PM me.

It's another Sunday so I'm taking a deep breath and heading to church. Pray for me and my lack of control.

Kelsey, will continue to pray for you and your daughter. I'm sure you can't wait for her to be home.

I've joined the group with headaches, taking ibuprofen and it's slightly better.

God Bless everyone, have a wonderful day.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:55 AM

Good morning, Happy Losers!

One-derland! Oh my! Such a beautiful place, I want to be there so much... Congratulations for making the destination.

Jeanne, You can do this! Decide before you leave for church this morning what and how much you will indulge, then stick to your plan. This is about control of your appetite versus your impulses and you can handle this.

Irish, I made your challenge this month. Xylie, I'm not sure I can get to yours, but I am seriously trying.

Cindy, HEAL! That's what I say to my doggies and it works, so I thought I'd try that with you! I'm praying for you.

Missy, what is happening in your neck of the woods? Are you still sewing for the craft fair?

Irish, I used to participate in Crop Walks, was a very fun time in my life. I hope you enjoy your walk.

On Sunday I like to take the time for reflection and solitude. Take some space for your soul today. Meditate on who you are, where you are, and what you are doing. Are you spending your time wisely? I don't mean are you busy every minute of the day, I mean, we only have so many minutes in our life, are you spending yours in the manner that makes you happy and satisfied? Where you could change your routine that would pamper and value your time?
Old 09-25-2011, 03:11 AM

I'm so envious!Getting to one-deland is my 1st goal & still have a ways to go. Congrats on reaching that big marker.

Hope all the posters having health probs are soon back to their normal selves.Was so sorry to hear about the DD overseas & so glad she'll soon be home with family to watch over her.

Someone asked about posting artifical sweetner info.I can't use them, so no opinion.

Saw something on TV that was interesting.They said dieters nearly always crave only the sweets/high calorie foods. WHAT?? Does anyone crave broccoli?

Originally Posted by marscrafter
Pam-I'll be praying for your daughter, I'm really sorry that she had to go through that.

Cindy-I hope everything turns out well, and that your surgery goes well and you heal quickly.

Missy-Just wanted to say congrats on the weight loss, it's awesome you fit in one leg of your old pants now.

I wanted to say thanks to you all, this is the first time I've really stuck with a lifestyle change like this. (Usually I was lucky to make it a week. LOL) I know a lot of that has to do with having your support, and the collective knowledge here. I officially hit one-derland! That was my big goal for the month, so I'm really happy. Today we did yard work for awhile, every bit helps.

I hope everyone's health is getting better, and that your weekend is fun. :-)
Old 09-25-2011, 06:51 AM
elm

Wish I only craved the sweet stuff. My problem is salty, crunchy or good bread. I can satisfy the sweet urges with sugar free fat free chocolate frozen yogurt. Haven't found anything to satisfy the salty crunchy problem.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:58 AM

try pickles, pretzels, popcorn, or pickled asparagus, all are crunchy salty.

I changed my ticker so that I could see how far it was to one-derland!

I hope this gives me incentive to keep on. When I record my food I do much better, so this morning I went in and listed what I ate AND my lunch plans. Since I'm cooking lunch that worked out much better for me.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:03 AM
elm

pretzels and popcorn are part of the problem. I gain weight when I eat them
Originally Posted by purplemem

I hope this gives me incentive to keep on. When I record my food I do much better, so this morning I went in and listed what I ate AND my lunch plans. Since I'm cooking lunch that worked out much better for me.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:20 AM
mim

I have my DH bring me a saucer with 6 -- and he counts them!! -- pretzels for an evening snack. I read the package and even tho it says 53 make a 100 calorie serving -- I have to limit myself because I, too, gain weight when I eat more. I slowly savor them -- like sipping an after dinner drink. I can walk past all sweet stuff -- they aren't my cravings.
Mim
I didn't do well this week -- I gained a pound. He got to wonderland and I am so proud of him. We cut some more trees this morning and stacked the wood for burning next year.

Originally Posted by elm
pretzels and popcorn are part of the problem. I gain weight when I eat them
Originally Posted by purplemem