Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon >

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

Old 06-16-2012, 04:33 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
i would have bought them too. Can't pass up shiney things either. looks like you would use them on scarfs or purses as bling.
How would you use them with a scarf?
Old 06-16-2012, 04:34 PM

Jan; I've been thinking about you! Hoping things are manageable on a day to day basis! Sounds like you have lots of caring friends around you. May God continue to bless you and walk with you. I know it's so hard to lose your hubby and best friend. N.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Swap Hosts

Just got back from walking the dogs and my husband and Daisy almost got run over by a kid zooming along on a motorized scooter -- looking BACK over his shoulder! Thank God my husband put his arm out to stop it. Daisy got a little tap and yelped, but I think she's OK, but terrified. After all the commotion, some slightly less than desirable neighbors came out and started screaming at us, saying "Oh, the poor kid!" What????

When everyone recovered we continued the walk and I got hit with a soft ball. I looked up and the kids were having a game in the street -- they completely blocked it off from traffic with cones and Kids At Play signs! Does anyone remember when "Go play in the street" was a terrible thing to say? Might I mention that there are two huge parks just a couple of blocks away?

OK. Done cranking. But don't mess with my Daisy!
Old 06-16-2012, 05:54 PM

Jan it's great to hear from you. Keep moving forward and God Bless.

Krystyna, I think that you should make wind chimes out of the shiny things.

We went to the park tonight to walk the dog and noone else was there. It was a gorgous night and no kids were outside. At least I didnt have to run from softballs or scooters.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:58 PM

OH NO!!! Poor Daisy!!! Is she ok??? and DH? that is terrible!! and sorry you got hit with a softball our walk wasn't exciting at all tonight....
Old 06-16-2012, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Anastasia this is beautiful. What ya gonna make with it??
Well I just found out one of my facebook game friends who I've become fond of, is having a baby girl, so I think I'll turn it into a baby blanket. I was planning to use it as a center panel for a quilt but was still trying to decide a design. I know I"m going to border it with some flying geese but I don't know what else yet, but I'll give it to her.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:50 PM

Good evening ladies,boy do I have a web site for you all,your going to love it,its called cafe press.com you need to check it out,look under quilting
Old 06-16-2012, 07:37 PM

Got on here to say I got a wonderful package from tumrub today. will try to post a pic tomorrow with a different camera than the one I tried using last week on another swap thread. I'll list everything tomorrow, I almost got a white kitten though.
I like shiney crystals from the C country. Maybe they were like a slide thing to slide a scarf through, but I would just look at the pretty sparkles they make, and K you know I Like sparkly things, don't you.
Still have some pages to go back and read but wanted to let you know my sp came through. Thanks tumrub!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:12 PM

After seeing Krystyna's sparklies today, I was looking at shoes. I saw some gorgeous pink platforms with spike heels that had crystals glued all over the heel and the platform area. If you can't think of a use for the box of "whatnots", maybe remove the crystals and decorate some shoes!!!

Jan - Many, many thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I am so glad you have a loving support system.

Anastasia - Very nice heart. It'll be a lovely center for a baby quilt.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
LindaR will post a photo of my wonderful pkg and soon as I feel better. I am so sick. Went to Dr. and found out I have acute bronchitis. Now my hubby is getting the same thing.

Oh I hated having bronchitis! I use to get it two to three times a year when I was a smoker, since I quit over 8 years ago, I haven't had it since. Comforts to you and your hubby!!