Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >
  • March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

• March 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 03-09-2012, 04:35 PM

I keep forgetting to get my FQ mailed off to you. I'm sorry. Hopefully by tomorrow or Monday!

Been doing good with my eating. I think I am down about 2 lbs since the first. My Endo appt got changed from Thursday to a week later. They weigh me there and so when I finally make it on the 22 I will know how I have been doing on the losing side.
    Not sure what dinner will be tonight. It may just be a bowl of Black Eyed peas, broiled shrimp and broccoli, or it may be something else. Depends on if my DH will actually make it home for dinner. I may just have a big salad with Shrimp, low cal cheese, avocado and lots of salsa.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
    Old 03-09-2012, 05:21 PM

Find my fabric.com - you can use the name or a picture. That's how I found Pam's sunflower panel.
    Old 03-09-2012, 09:00 PM

Thanks. Findmyfabric.com is what I was looking for. My LQS had a fabric I love that I want to use for my sashing between blocks. I also want to use it for my setting triangles if I decide to set them on point. I have been obcessing and drooling over it for weeks. Now to find out the name or manufacturer or name of the fabric. I think it has might be 2 years old though. Not sure if I will have any luck or not.
    Old 03-10-2012, 02:41 AM

My FQ went in the mail yesterday. Don't know why but it seems to be important for me to carry it back and forth to work a couple of days before it gets mailed. Weigh in yesterday(my 1st this month) was a good one-I've lost 6 pounds. I've lost 17.2 pounds since I started this time so hopefully I can keep this going I only have about 100 to go...sigh. At least I'm headed in the right direction. I am just starting back exercising after a year without exercising since my back went out on me and I'm finally starting to feel good about working out again instead of dreading it. Knees are a bit cranky but the back is hanging in.
    Old 03-10-2012, 06:58 AM

Hello everybody!

It sounds like everybody is doing well. Congratulations on all the weight loss. I signed up for Curves so I would have a warm, strutured place to exercise. I have a coach that is in the process of teaching me all the machines and how the computers work. The computers are hooked up to each mach and if you work to hard for your body or do somthing wrong the machine slows down so you can't work that hard. I get weighed and measured on Tuesed so I'll find out how I'm doing. Besides the machines they want us to walk 5,000 steps a day. I will confess that is hard for me but I'm giving it my best interest. I've never worked with a coach before, it's kind of interesting.

Cindy I forgot to send the fat quarters so I will get them in the mail Monday. Sorry about that.

Hearing about all the bad weather to the north and south of us I realize I have alot to br thankful for. I hope everyone is O.K. and everyones friends and relative are also O.K.

God Bless everyone. Remember One Day at a Time.

Jeanne
    Old 03-10-2012, 08:51 AM

Greetings everyone! It is a great sunny day in the neighborhood!

Irishrose, I have been pondering and wondering about the "clutter" problem that a lot of us have. I have decided to concentrate in one room a day (Monday thru Friday). Today I wanted to see how I would do - I started in the kitchen because that is the first room people see in our house. I will do 5 things and spend at least 15 minutes (throwing old things, sorting, dusting, etc.) In the kitchen I dusted the shelves by the sink. I had 18 tubes of lipstick - WOW! and that's not all of them - I'm embarrassed. But not a shoe or purse person. I unloaded the dishwasher right away and even put the silverware away. Swept the floor (where does all that uck come from). Cleaned part of the table off (flat surfaces get hiden easily around here) and put the recycle item in their containers. Boy do I feel better. A little every day might make a difference in my mental attitude.

Don't get me wrong - I don't have rooms with pathways, like my FIL had. We just have little things that we don't need. And thinking that when we move to MI in 4 - 6 years every thing I do now will really help.

Well Mom is now up and I had better get her breakfast ready. I need to do some laundry for her and today I said I would wash her hair. Then I'm ready to start sewing again.

Have a great day - you all deserve it!!!

Di
    Old 03-10-2012, 11:37 AM

I had my WW weigh in today. I was a little disappointed that it was only down 0.8 pounds. I have behaved myself this week and exercised quite a lot. Oh well it is still the right direction. I have found it sometimes takes a week or 2 to show up on the scale. I will keep going and it will keep going down.
    Good eating to everyone!
    Pat
    Old 03-10-2012, 02:50 PM

Pat, muscle weighs more than fat. Don't stop exercising, just check your inches. How do your pants fit? That's the real test if you add exercise and healthy eating at the same time. Other possibility - maybe you need a feast day every 5 or 6 days to keep your body out of starvation mode.

Di, several years ago I tried to follow Flylady. She is a proponent of 15 minute cleaning sessions and rotating through different areas of the house. Also 27 item flings - go through with a plastic bag and pitch 27 things. My living room, dining room and guest bathroom are truly clutter free, though I guess I could pull unused games from a cabinet and donate any my children don't want. (More fabric storage - there is a method to my madness). Too many sewing machines in the LR, but each has a spot so far. My bedroom is slowing becoming smaller and my bathroom and dressing room are cluttered with too many clothes. The other two bedrooms are terrible. One has paths and one doesn't even have that. I need to get the one with paths back to its status a guest room. It hasn't been messy for too long. The other one?? I, yi, yi. The kitchen bad in one corner of the counter and around the computer. I have no kitchen table. I gave it to a daughter when I had three tables and she had 4 children and no table. The dog's small chest type freezer is where the a table was. No, my dogs aren't frozen, but they are partially raw fed and I needed a freezer for their gross stuff.

Jeanne, how many of the machines at Curves are non weight bearing? Other than walking, I can't do a lot of exercise on my feet.

Went to a funeral for a friend today. 63 years old. She fought a good fight and will be missed.

Weight still sitting at 145. I need to do some interval walking now that the streets are starting to clear. It's too hard in boots.Though I may not start today because my left foot is extra sore. It feels like the plate has shifted so I have it taped. We'll see how it progresses. I am going to get the dogs out very soon. It seemed to be getting dark early today. I know, set the clock ahead tonight even though it feels too soon for that. I'm a greeter at church tomorrow so I will remember to do the clock correctly. I just got all the clocks reset from our power outage, now I have to start again.

Dinner?? I had planned on making a quesedilla with my leftover pork chop, but I had ham and cheese at the funeral luncheon, so I may have to rethink that. You'll not have the funeral of a member of a family with Dutch heritage without 'hambuns'. I ate lots of veggies and one no bake cookie for my brunch (their lunch) so maybe soup for supper?

We are strong, capable women who do not have to overeat to feel better about ourselves. In fact, it probably makes us feel worse about ourselves. Wishing us all a healthy eating and exercising 24 hours. Like Jeanne says, One day at a time.
    Old 03-10-2012, 05:07 PM

Oh I love the thought of the 27 fling rule. DH went to get wood today and I saw about a dozen ready to come into the house. I hope he turns them before we think about moving. My fabric will sure pack easier.

I have been trying to eat a lot of cabbage and radishes as snacks. This morning I put spinach in with summer squash and cooked navy beans. Topped with salsa and sure enjoyed. I had really forgot about the 5 - 6 day feast but will try tomorrow to include some things that I have limited myself. I really want a piece of toast with jam. It smells so good when I make it for Mom.
    Old 03-10-2012, 08:28 PM

Checking my email before iI put away the groceries - maybe I should have read this before I went shopping. I don't think Rice Krispies are an approved food in Dr Hyman's world. I did have raspberries with them so my night snack/meal wasn't all bad. http://drhyman.com/blog/2012/03/01/h...=Get+the+story