I have failed....

Old 03-30-2011, 08:49 PM

Later as I thought about this I had to come back and say that my DH is a great man.. we've been married 41 years. I think what made my outragious, middle of the night demand work so well is that I just never do that. Very few things are worth making a stink over. No one is perfect and I don't require anyone to be perfect.. I'm easy, undemanding, quickly get over things and never hold a gruge.. But NO TP or leaving the ring up in the middle of the night are beyond a women's ability to handle without a fuss.. so guys just need to learn that if they can't remember those simple things, there will be trouble!
Old 03-30-2011, 09:48 PM

(sorry, Pam, but I have to answer Judie.)
Judie, don't feel guilty about what you did. You're right, none of us are perfect. I will be married 40 years this November and have to tell you what happened. My DH snores so loud that at times I have to leave our bed. About 20 years ago, I was dealing with my sick parents, working full time, and dealing with teenagers. I guess I finally had enough. In my sleep, I started beating on my DH; he was so surprised. But, he did stop snoring so loud for a while, lol.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lynnsim
(sorry, Pam, but I have to answer Judie.)
Judie, don't feel guilty about what you did. You're right, none of us are perfect. I will be married 40 years this November and have to tell you what happened. My DH snores so loud that at times I have to leave our bed. About 20 years ago, I was dealing with my sick parents, working full time, and dealing with teenagers. I guess I finally had enough. In my sleep, I started beating on my DH; he was so surprised. But, he did stop snoring so loud for a while, lol.
I was going to answer but got caught up looking up Easter patterns....that said:

Don't feel bad - sometimes I think we have to be blunt and shocking. I've been married 20 years. And my husband snores and leaves his shoes in the middle of the floor; and leaves the toilet lid up and the cabinet doors open and every other thing - I still love him and respect him but 2 nights ago when I went into the bedroom and tripped over his shoes ***(which is not a good thing because I have a bad ankle - the tendons are not attached to the bone; torn and I have a tear from my ankle to my knee)*** I quietly picked up his shoes and put one under his pillow and one behind his back.

When he woke up and said "what the He-double hockey sticks???" I very quietly and plainly said - "is it uncomfortable? Because when I tripped over them in the middle of the floor, turned my ankle and ended up on my butt I was uncomfortable too and I just thought I would share!". He started laughing said he was sorry kissed me and put his shoes in the closet! We are 48 hours free of shoes in the middle of the floor (bedroom was dark and so I couldn't see them).

We all get into patterns and a rhythm and flow of things and as Moms we decide what we let go and what we don't but some days....well just somedays we have to make a point!!!

I don't think that any or most of us see outburst of that sort as unloving - just frustrated!

Rambling...sorry!
Old 03-31-2011, 03:32 AM

So True! LOL!
they don't even live here anymore, and still will not replace the toilet paper roll!
one of the funniest scenes in "Mad about you" tv sitcom touched on this subject!

U-Tube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZJRpqlZrZQ&NR=1

you can always change out thiers,when you visit!
Old 03-31-2011, 03:43 AM

Jade, I love your mind-set.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:08 AM

What is the deal with the younger generation? Whenever I go to my son's home, there is never a new roll put back on. How hard is that? Boy, oh, boy!! It just must take too much time...

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 03-31-2011, 04:08 AM

What is the deal with the younger generation? Whenever I go to my son's home, there is never a new roll put back on. How hard is that? Boy, oh, boy!! It just must take too much time...

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 03-31-2011, 05:06 AM

not my children, but DH. I think I finally broke him by leaving just a few squares on and not putting out another roll within reach.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:11 AM

We put up a holder that holds two rolls and that has helped.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Judie
Originally Posted by marymay
If you failed. Then so did I. It happens more time then I can count.It is better then the husband going to the bathroom in the middle of the night forgetting to put the tolet set down. Then you get up and fall into it. You wake up real fast.Life is so good. :-) being a Mother /Wife.
The last time that happened to me I went back to bed and woke up the offending man.. then I asked if he was awake.. when he replied that he was, I told him what had just happened and that if that ever happened to me again I was going to get a pan of ice water and pour it on him.. then he was going to change the bed after he came down off the ceiling.. and I topped it off with a promise that if he did not believe me then just leave it up again and see. I did not raise my voice at him.. I was very calm, but serious as a heart attack. Then I just turned over and pulled up the covers and went to sleep... at least I acted like I went to sleep. Next morning over coffee I casually asked if he remembered being woke up in the night, he said yes, and I said I just wanted to make sure.. nothing more was ever said, but he has never left it up for me to sit in again. He knows full well that if I say I will do something, I will.
just DH and me in our house - rule is, them that want the seat up, put it up; them that want it down put it down. No one gets treated like royalty or complains about the other person. Very easy to put your hand on the back (tank) side of the toilet in the night and see if the seat is up or the seat and ring.

As an aside, DH has a son who used to spend time at our house. Poor kid came from a background of mom, sis, aunt and GM - he was the only male. I guess he had it so drummed into him to leave the seat down that he always did, I was always wiping up little drips if I used it after him !!