Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am sick...my quilt was lost or stolen >

I am sick...my quilt was lost or stolen

I am sick...my quilt was lost or stolen

Old 04-13-2011, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

If someone had stolen it they would get my vote to rot in hell. At least you know there is a chance for the quilt to be returned. I hope the address it was delivered to has nice people living there. More people then you probably imagine think that if it's delivered to them it's theirs.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:46 AM

Just thowing this out for an idea. I would be willing to sew a couple of blocks and sending them to you. If we could get a few
of us together. Would you have the time and resources to sew them together and maybe we could get a quilt together for her.
We could all do line pink and white colors. Just a thought.
ruthie
Old 04-13-2011, 07:48 AM

If you have a photo of the item, you can register it on quilterscache.com. Maybe someone will see it.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:48 AM

If you have a photo of the item, you can register it on quilterscache.com. Maybe someone will see it.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:50 AM

I had a package delived, at least they said if was. My address is 412. They delivered it to 421 and swore it was my house. The people at 421 were on vacation, so I didn't get the package for 2 weeks, but it finally got here. So keep your fingers crossed.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:51 AM
RDM

This is horrible news. My prayer is that this quilt will be found and in time for your cousin to surround herself with it so she may feel all the love that comes with it. A quilt instructor recently said never declare when sending a package that it is a quilt, say bedding. My heart goes out to you, let us know if it does turn up as I'm one praying for that outcome.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:59 AM

Have your cousin place a "dummy box" on her porch with a note in it, stating please bring back a quilt made for a cancer patient. However, I would place a camera trained on the porch with the dummy box. We did this when our daughter's car was keyed. We caught the "trash" the nex time he tried to damage the car. These days you have to be your own police. I would also place a theft complaint with the Postmaster on both ends of your mailing experience. So sorry for your pain.
D in TX
Old 04-13-2011, 08:06 AM

I am so sorry to hear of the loss or misdelivered pkg for your cousin. It may show up yet. It would give me such pleasure to return a box misdelivered to me by mistake. Maybe the person has not had time to get it returned. My hope is that it will show up at your cousins or back to you soon. Prayers will be sent for your cousins pending surgery.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:09 AM

I am so sorry, my prayers are with you and your cousin. :cry:
Old 04-13-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Antdebby1
Thank you all for the kind replies and information. I have found some more information tonight. I sent the quilt to the WRONG address. Unbeknownst to some, my cousin had moved and I received the incorrect address from a trusted family member.

I will call the PO in GA and hope that the mail carrier realized that my cousin didn't live at that address. Hopefully, my box is being returned to me. If not, I'll have to chalk this up to a stupidity on my part. One can't grow without making mistakes.

I will make her another quilt.

Y'all are all awesome. Thanks so much!!!

Hugs to each of you. :D :D :D
It should not have been scanned delivered unless it was delivered. If she moved less than a year ago and it was sent priority (I'm sure it was b/c you wanted her to have it) it should have been scanned forwarded. Hope it turns up.