Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-08-2011, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
Had a good mother's day. My 11 year old made me breakfast in bed, scrambled eggs and a glass of milk. Then for dinner hubby bought some lobster tails, steak and corn on the cob. Of course I had to cook it, but it was a treat. (I didn't have the butter with the corn or the lobster.) No dessert, unless I have a small glass of chocolate milk before bed.

I have lost 9 lbs since May 1st. I have cut down on salt intake and quit the soda. I know it will start coming off slower soon. But for right now I am excited about the big loss.
You are doing just great 9 pounds that amazing. I'm only down a pound so far but I'm not giving up. Hope you all have a really nice Mothers Day.
I got a call from both our children so my day was very good.
DH was taking me to Sizzler but when we got there the Moms were out the door so he asked if I minded if we come back Monday. I told him heck no I hate to wait in line and be stuffed in a over full room. I think he was glad because he hates large crowds of people to.
Boy did I ramble.
Talk to you tomorrow.
Gail
Old 05-08-2011, 10:35 PM

Had a good mother's day. My 11 year old made me breakfast in bed, scrambled eggs and a glass of milk. Then for dinner hubby bought some lobster tails, steak and corn on the cob. Of course I had to cook it, but it was a treat. (I didn't have the butter with the corn or the lobster.) No dessert, unless I have a small glass of chocolate milk before bed.

I have lost 9 lbs since May 1st. I have cut down on salt intake and quit the soda. I know it will start coming off slower soon. But for right now I am excited about the big loss.
WOW! 9 lbs.That is fantastic.Good job.I lost another 2 lbs myself and that made mine 7 lbs thus far since joining.So,down to 168 lbs.And I too had a steak and baked potato for dinner with 1/2 corn on the cob and green salad.It was SO good.We'll get back on track tomorrow.I've had to cut things too.We'll do it again this week.Your 2 lbs ahead of me,so I better get to crackin.Everybody else seems to be doing good too.So,that's great.Like Mary {I think} said,we need to let the skinny girls out.Good job!
Old 05-09-2011, 04:49 AM

Good Morning Gang!

For the first time in a loooooong time, I met my water intake. Plus, I doubled it! Of course, that means I got plenty of exercise trekking to the restroom all day long.

I have lost 3 lbs since May 1st but more than that, I feel better. I have more energy and I generally just feel "good". I'd forgotten how a little exercise will make you feel so much better.

Fixing to head out for my walk. Since I've been taking the same route for a week, I'm going to add to my walk for this week and I'm going to try yoga this afternoon.

My project for the day is to work on my attic, so I'll be going up and down the attic stairs along with the regular stairs for most of the day.

My bad for the day yesterday, a soda. Diet, but still a soda. But, it's the first one I've had in over a week. Baby steps, gotta think baby steps.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:41 AM

Hello everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful Mothers Day. I sure did! I have had a wonderful weekend in GA with my family! DH will be picking me up from Mom's in a few hours and we will head back to AL. I have done so good with my eating. There was so much food, all weekend, but I have done better than I thought I would. I can hardly wait to weigh tomorrow at home and see the results of my 3 good days here. My ONLY slip was yesterday. I ate a very small piece of Mama's birthday cake with a little bit of ice cream on the side. However, since I ate that, I did not eat any dinner last night. The shorts I am wearing today are so baggy, and it feels great!!

I am glad to read so many positive posts from everyone doing so good. I am proud of all of you! Keep up the good work. We WILL DO THIS TOGETHER!!!! I hope you all have a good day for making healthy food choices. Sandy
Old 05-09-2011, 08:23 AM

I got on the scale this morning and realized I had read the scale wrong yesterday. it wasn't a three it was an eight. Teach me not to wear my glasses. So my weight loss isn't 9 lbs it is 4 lbs. I will take it. Little discouraged it wasn't the 9, but don't worry, I will keep at it and soon will have the number at 9. LOL
Old 05-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

What is this today? No purplemem words of wisdom? No Missy! I don't know if I can make it today!!!!! lol. Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend.I did. I heard from all my kids. Even my Jamacian son-in-law called me after working on his feet for 12 hrs. what a sweetie.I didn't blow it yesterday.Mostly cause I didn't go anywhere.I had 2 chicken breast strips a green salad and 1/3 cup frozen corn. seems to have been a corn theme going last night. lol. Boy I only lost 3 lbs so far. looks like I need to try harder.Have a good day everyone. Mary
Old 05-09-2011, 09:05 AM

My weekend was a little restless.
We had plans to go out of town but a sick baby boy put an end to that. Sooo
I didnt even have to worry about eating out (which i was really looking forward to) but It really kept me on track.
I didnt work out all weekend but my body needed a rest and this morning I went to Zumba and worked it hard!
Feeling good :D looking forward to another great week :wink:
keep it up girls.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:02 PM

Hey guys! I am sorry I haven't posted much this week. My girlfriend arrived here on Friday and we have been having a FABULOUS time with my family.

All is going great here. Just doing the same ole same ole. I will post more soon and just know that I am thinking of you!!

Missy who has only 17 days to surgery...
Old 05-09-2011, 02:45 PM

Sorry I haven't kept up my end of the bargin (posting that is) I was very discouraged. I went out of town to visit my mom and did have a couple snack size candy bars but I really really did watch what I ate and when I got back home had gained 4 pounds!! I was so discouraged. I have been watching every bite I put in my mouth and I feel so FAT!! My clothes is getting looser. I don't have to "suck it in to get in my Jeans but the scale does not want to go down!!!
Feel better today I lost the 4 pounds and did really work hard all day yesterday in the yard so maybe just maybe I can loose some more. I will weigh in the AM and if I am up I QUIT!! If I am the same I will try a little harder!!
Thanks for listening. I will read the post and see what i missed!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 02:52 PM

I'm back. Survived the garage sale and even lost a pound! I was SO grumpy this afternoon, trying to do work and my jeans keep feeling like they are falling off. Great that I'm losing weight, but still 8-10 pounds from fitting into the next size down.

GrandmK, don't beat yourself up. I've lost only 11 pounds, but 2.5 inches, so it is working! Muscle weighs more than fat, but overall, the more muscle you have, the faster you will lose weight.