Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-15-2011, 02:31 PM

Sounds like everyone is doing well this weekend. I have done well food wise this weekend but had more empty calories in wine than I should have last night! It's our 29th anniversary today so I guess I'll chalk it up to celebrating!

Hope all goes well for Missy's weigh in tomorrow. What kind of surgery are you having? Gastric bypass or lap band or something else? I have read a few blogs about people who have had weight loss surgery of some kind- kind of interesting to follow.

Does anyone on here read any weight loss blogs? I follow a few people online- just curious if anyone else does.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
GO MISSY! GO MISSY! GO MISSY! GO MISSY! YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT! I'm shaking my pom poms for you, cheering you on. I know that feeling of "not wanting to go". I get that feeling with the physical therapy for my knee. I dread going every time and I dread doing the home exercises, but I know it is imperative for the final outcome of my knee and the progress I want to make getting full mobility back. It's hard to push yourself, but it's so important. So, although you don't want to go to your exercises this afternoon, I hope you will go, and I bet you do go. You have come SO far in your weight loss venture. You are SO close to goal for your surgery. So, pick yourself off, dust off your smaller britches and get to the gym. You go girl!.......... Big hugs, Sandy
I DID IT! I went back to the gym for the 2nd time today and did another 1/4 mile. Whew I am pooped but glad I went. I just hope with all my heart that the scales reflect the physical effort that I am making at the gym and drinking the shakes.

Missy
Old 05-15-2011, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Maggiemay
Sounds like everyone is doing well this weekend. I have done well food wise this weekend but had more empty calories in wine than I should have last night! It's our 29th anniversary today so I guess I'll chalk it up to celebrating!

Hope all goes well for Missy's weigh in tomorrow. What kind of surgery are you having? Gastric bypass or lap band or something else? I have read a few blogs about people who have had weight loss surgery of some kind- kind of interesting to follow.

Does anyone on here read any weight loss blogs? I follow a few people online- just curious if anyone else does.
I am having the lap band done. I have not read any blogs lately as I have been swamped with twitter and all the political stuff I am doing online.

Dang this weight loss is hard and rewarding all at the same time. I can hardly believe I have lost 70 pounds and may possibly hit below the 400 pound mark this week. I HAVE to hit it before the 25th cause that is what the surgeon said. I will be utterly crushed if I do not hit that mark. Tomorrow will tell if I am making progress since I will be weighing in tomorrow (as if I haven't said that a zillion times this weekend *sigh*).

Missy
Old 05-15-2011, 03:22 PM

Missy, I'm predicting 399.4 pounds and then you'll lose another pound jumping for joy.

Sandy, do you knit or crochet? Those are easier on your body than sewing while you're laid up. Been there, done that. Though when I had my right foot rebuilt, I made drapes for the whole house, but I think being in a wheelchair is easier than what you are going through. 7 weeks with absolutely no weight bearing, casted 4 more months with a year recovery, then it was time to do the other foot. You know what? I can walk, so it was worth it.

For me, I'd settle for the weight I was at the first of the month before I started another med one of whose side effects is weight gain. Guess I ought to be glad I'm not feeling suicidal - that's another side effect. I am having trouble with my balance from it. Usually in the morning, but today all day. I still need to walk the dogs, but I'll stay away from the lake because it's too cold to fall in.

MJ, I have been trying to use your tips. I have music on all the time. Country radio for the dogs and Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, Rod Stewart, etc, CDs for me. I know CDs are out of style, but they're what I have and it works for me. My television has been out for a week and I don't care enough to call the cable provider. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. I guess if I'm paying for it, I should have it in working.

I'm trying to get caught up sewing and quilting, but it multiplies. The associate pastor asked for another prayer quilt. She likes mine better than the ones that are currently available. I want to make a sundress for a teenage friend with a very bad home situation. She requested to be removed from her home. I try to do little things so she'll know there's someone who cares.

Eating doing okay, though I am not on a schedule lately. I think more regular meals would help instead of screwy times.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier. We ARE all losing weight and getting healthier.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Missy, I'm predicting 399.4 pounds and then you'll lose another pound jumping for joy.

Sandy, do you knit or crochet? Those are easier on your body than sewing while you're laid up. Been there, done that. Though when I had my right foot rebuilt, I made drapes for the whole house, but I think being in a wheelchair is easier than what you are going through. 7 weeks with absolutely no weight bearing, casted 4 more months with a year recovery, then it was time to do the other foot. You know what? I can walk, so it was worth it.

For me, I'd settle for the weight I was at the first of the month before I started another med one of whose side effects is weight gain. Guess I ought to be glad I'm not feeling suicidal - that's another side effect. I am having trouble with my balance from it. Usually in the morning, but today all day. I still need to walk the dogs, but I'll stay away from the lake because it's too cold to fall in.

MJ, I have been trying to use your tips. I have music on all the time. Country radio for the dogs and Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, Rod Stewart, etc, CDs for me. I know CDs are out of style, but they're what I have and it works for me. My television has been out for a week and I don't care enough to call the cable provider. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. I guess if I'm paying for it, I should have it in working.

I'm trying to get caught up sewing and quilting, but it multiplies. The associate pastor asked for another prayer quilt. She likes mine better than the ones that are currently available. I want to make a sundress for a teenage friend with a very bad home situation. She requested to be removed from her home. I try to do little things so she'll know there's someone who cares.

Eating doing okay, though I am not on a schedule lately. I think more regular meals would help instead of screwy times.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier. We ARE all losing weight and getting healthier.
Oh wow! 399.4 would be incredible!!! OH MY I AM EXCITED IMAGINING THAT!

Yes we are losing weight and getting healthier! That is definitely what we are all doing.

Missy
Old 05-15-2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
Hello everybody,I'm still hanging in there.3 days ago,my mama cat went MIA (darn coyotes) so now have 3 / 2 week old babies.They have to eat every 4 hrs.Potty trained already.Eating or drinking out of a shallow dish.So am bushed!Not much rest.Need some formula ideas,got any?How about the stimulation part? Some say use a warm wash rag,but then what?I got the warm wash rag.But they don't say how to do it.They are going better now,but think they need help,their awfully tiny.Anyway,still doing good on the diet.Haven't weighed in a while,but my pant's are falling off,litteraly.Ok,well good luck to everyone,if any of you can help me out with the babies,I'd be most grateful for any help.Any formula mixes. etc.Thanks.
Sure wish you lived closer. Our mama cat had kittens on the 2nd of May (6 of them). They all disappeared last week. We think it was a fox that got them as it has been seen close to us. I'm sure she'd love to adopt them. Good luck with your babies.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:31 PM

Sandy, hope you get to 90degree knee bent this week. I've read that you have to train like an Olympian to recover from your surgery. You have done really great.

Irish, loved your comment that your dogs listen to country music.

MJ, I listen to music everyday. I like to go for walks alone so that I can listen and walk to the music. Gotta leave hubby at home for that.

My strip sets are done for my bargello and hope to start cutting the strata tomorrow. Gonna allow myself plenty of time. My diet continues to go well. Even with its boredom, I remember what I am doing for my cholesterol. I begin week 4 tomorrow.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:55 PM

Xlyia, we have put a loud ticking clock in with puppies/and or cats. and maybe a dirty shirt or dirty sock. seams to calm them, to have human smell, and a steady noise. sorry about your momma cat. i hear all the wild cats, and lots of bunnies are gone around our neck of the woods also.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
Hello everybody,I'm still hanging in there.3 days ago,my mama cat went MIA (darn coyotes) so now have 3 / 2 week old babies.They have to eat every 4 hrs.Potty trained already.Eating or drinking out of a shallow dish.So am bushed!Not much rest.Need some formula ideas,got any?How about the stimulation part? Some say use a warm wash rag,but then what?I got the warm wash rag.But they don't say how to do it.They are going better now,but think they need help,their awfully tiny.Anyway,still doing good on the diet.Haven't weighed in a while,but my pant's are falling off,litteraly.Ok,well good luck to everyone,if any of you can help me out with the babies,I'd be most grateful for any help.Any formula mixes. etc.Thanks.
sent you a PM Xylie55
Old 05-15-2011, 06:34 PM

Keep up the good work Missy! We are all cheering for you!

Hang in there Sandy, sounds like you are doing a great job. Croceting is nice to fill the time or do you hand piece or cross stitch at all?

MJ I do like your posts and I do do alot of them. I was at flea markets all day so the music part didn't really apply but tomorrow I sure can. I love all of your positive advice!

Irish it sounds like this new medicine is not agreeing with you 100% Hopefully things will smooth out soon. (((Hugs)))

Well the scales budged a half of a pound each day this weekend. hopefully it will continue. I am just getting over a cold so maybe that is why the weight loss stopped for awhile. hope...hope...hope...

I hope everyone has a great start to their week.:)