Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Computerized Featherweight >

Computerized Featherweight

Computerized Featherweight

Old 06-23-2011, 03:01 PM

clsurz, I'm so happy that you like it! I actually did buy mine from HSN, only to take advantage of the payment plan. I was able to pay in 5 installments which made it really do-able for me.

Here's a photo of the front of mine, with the extension table attached.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-215781.jpe  
Old 06-23-2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaC
Here's a picture of the back of my Featherweight 75, showing the metal handle which is built in. (It doesn't come with a case. There is a special bag that Singer makes which holds the machine and accessories, which I purchased separately.) Also show in the picture is the foot control, which is small, round and made of black plastic.

Even though they call it a Featherweight, it's not extremely lightweight nor does it feel like a cheap plastic machine. It does not slide all over the table when you're using it - it's very sturdy. I have done some really heavy-duty stuff on mine and had no problems.

I actually have a full-sized Brother sewing machine that feels a lot "cheaper" than this Featherweight, is more lightweight and does slide all around when sewing. So I like this Singer much better!

This Featherweight also comes with an extension table which is standard equipment. It's nice to have that larger, sturdy surface to sew on.

Exactly! It's not that light weight and it does not bounce around. It looks like a smaller version of a Singer Futura machine and those are heavy monsters compared to this featherweight.

I also agree regarding the Brother. I have a full size one too and it looks made alot cheaper and bounces or sometimes seems like parts are bouncing in there. This featherweight is awesome compared to that Brother for sure.

I'm am amazed at how well made it is and despite what somewhat else said it is not all made of plastic. There are some medal parts on and in the machine.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:30 PM

Congratulations on your new machine. Have fun playing with your new toy.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:52 PM

Looks like fun, fun, fun! I'm a little :hunf: !
Old 06-23-2011, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaC
clsurz, I'm so happy that you like it! I actually did buy mine from HSN, only to take advantage of the payment plan. I was able to pay in 5 installments which made it really do-able for me.

Here's a photo of the front of mine, with the extension table attached.
I like the low extension table. Lays almost flat on the table unlike other extension tables on other brand machines that have about 4-6 inches high.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:40 PM

I'm happy for you. It is always so much fun to get new toys! I just bought an old Pfaff 230 and a vintage Japanese sewing machine and a lot of people may not like them, but if the buyer is happy, that is all that matters.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Banned

I think it is really neat and the fact that it has 66 decorative stitches built right into such a small package amazes me. I still want to see the autopilot in motion!

Billy
Old 06-23-2011, 04:51 PM

just might have to check this out!

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I think it is really neat and the fact that it has 66 decorative stitches built right into such a small package amazes me. I still want to see the autopilot in motion!

Billy
Go to hsn. com and view the video.

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Billy
Go to hsn. com and view the video.