Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone else have too many interests? >

Does anyone else have too many interests?

Does anyone else have too many interests?

Old 09-27-2011, 08:28 AM

You can use your loom to hang socks . I did that for a while when I had too many socks without partners. :lol:

I call myself an ADD crafter/fiber artist. Everytime I see something interesting I add it to my list of wannados.

I have a collection of looms and finally moved them to the pole barn. We're down-sizing so I'll have to find them new homes.

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine
This is a quilting board but we all relate to the other creative outlets; sewing clothes, making dolls and purses, gardening, baking, painting. We are all so talented. So how do you turn down the offer of a FREE 60" Jack loom?
It's now sitting in my living room like a tombstone, (my sanctuary, by the way, far from the TV) and it can't go any further into the house. I have to give away a sofa and if I'm lucky it will just fit the same footprint. Am I interested in weaving? Always was, like so many other things. My life is tooooooooooo short for all my interests.
(My unfinished quilts (4) in the basement sewing room are NOT talking to me right now)
MaryKatherine
Old 09-27-2011, 08:53 AM

I have cut back over the years. Now it's quilting, sewing craft, clothing, altered books, crochet, drawing, some writing and love reading, mysteries. Couple years ago I gave my son (who bakes) my cookie cutter collection, almost 400 cutters, all different. I still find myself looking for different cutters at yard sales.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:10 AM
Power Poster

Yup! I, too, have way too many hobbies and interests!
Busy hands are happy hands!! :)
Old 09-27-2011, 10:00 AM

I am with the rest of you...cross stitching, taught basket weaving for several years, knitting, crocheting,,,,with a stash for each interest. Now quilting again---did it 25 years ago. If only those kids would stop getting in the way..lol (wouldn't change it for a zillion bucks.)
No wonder there is no room in my basement.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:01 AM

I just wish I had the time and money to learn everything my brain could hold. I'm a writer, a sewer, a knit/crocheter, an embroiderer, a wannabe drawer and painter, a cross stitcher, would love to do wood working, and the list goes on and on and on. I love the touch of almost any book and the pictures inside and have as long as I can remember. My second main love is making the dolls to give awy to sick children and things to do for cancer victims, etc. That and my writing. (It is my first earthlt love) Maybe I will post a writing on the general chat, if no one minds. I wrote it because of a trip we took yesterday. I do love writing. I keep promising to do more with short stories I've done, but keep running out of time...and so it goes.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Kimcatlou
Since I will turn 80 tomorrow, there is no way I can live long enough to do all the things I want to do. That includes my UFO's and "Want to try" projects. I keep telling myself not to get into dyeing fabrics!
Happy happy happy happy birthday and MANY more. 3 Cheers to you and yours and a bucket full of hugs.

Keep doing everything you do
Old 09-27-2011, 10:15 AM

It was so interesting to see this thread today. I had an epiphany this past weekend on why I was so frustrated lately. Everywhere I looked there was an unfinished project or a project I wanted to do or a magazine or book with even more. I decided to concentrate on just 4 things: quilting, embroidery, crocheting, and needle punch (though it is in the "iffy" list). I have started going through yarns, books, magazines, tools, etc., and making a pile of things that do not fit in those categories. I know people who do all the other stuff and will be gifting them with it as I clean out and see them. I have just started and already I feel so much better and more focused. I am starting to see free space and hopefully will be able to rearrange what is left so that I can actually see it and use it instead of having everything so stuffed. It is being very freeing!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:40 AM

Love weaving, have a 42" loom in my living room... no room for a long arm... I also love playing dulcimer, guitar... sewing, spinning...and of course quilting. I tend to do things in cycles except for my music which I try and play everyday. I'm not great at balancing out all the stuff I love to do and of course working cuts into my playtime but it pays the bills and I do enjoy what I do!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:52 AM

I get into something, buy all the books and materials and supplies anyone would ever need and then get bored whem I learn to do whatever well. I have wasted more money than I could ever say doing this--In the last couple of years I have amassed a great collection of polymer clay items and beading items. Luckily I have a friend that wants to learn these things so she usually gets it all when I get bored. I wish I could just spend the $ for one project when I get interested instead of thinking I have to have everything.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:25 AM

So glad to know that I keep very good company.