Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-04-2011, 09:05 AM

Sorry I'm getting here to late to join but I will just lurk and try to maintain and lose more.
Lisa
Old 10-04-2011, 09:26 AM

I do interval walking, but I have shorter times between than 5 minutes. I probably walk 45 seconds very quickly with arm movement and then regular speed for a minute. I usually do it the last half of my walk after my muscles are warmed up. Skipped it Sat and Sun, but was able to add it back in yesterday. Today?? I had a bad night last night.

MJ, did you ask your cardiologist about bed rest? I hope you like your doctor better than I do mine. He is so hung up on cholesterol less the 149 total that he has tunnel vision. When I feel the need for a visit, I will try another one. I liked my one downstate, but he has to be retired and would be way to far away. Here, I've had better luck with an internist. I understand the need to get out, but walking through stores isn't always the easiest. At least you have your husband to deal with those carts. Can you sit out on your patio or is it still too hot?

Cindy, you've already been functioning with less than full lung capacity so with the tumor out, you should feel better quickly. Still in my prayers.

Jeanne, no one hates housework more than I do. I have to quilt this month so I have an excuse. The bazaar is Nov 5. They aren't going to postpone it if I don't have my quilt ready. I do have to work outside while I can. I wish I felt strong enough to wash the house under the carport today. Ha!

Strange I'm not losing weight when I can't eat much, but any time I don't gain is fine with me.

Xylie, you could give us lessons in being self sufficient. Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Have you set your mind on an unrealistic goal weight again? You can't have 28 pounds to lose. I have a friend with a bigger boner structure than me who is about our height. She has dieted down to 140 or 145 and people are constantly asking me if she has a terminal disease. I do not want to look like a walking skeleton.

One quilt may be done. I have to say 'may' because I thought I was done once, but it needed more quilting. As much as I want to do the wildlife one for my son, I need to work on the bazaar one. I am whining again?

Jeanne, love 'One day at a time,' but I'd like to see I AM doing this. CAN denotes the future and we want this NOW.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy
Old 10-04-2011, 09:49 AM

i AM getting my mri on thursday. i AM getting my flu shot today, after i get my blood tested. i AM putting my new 'ill gotten gains' into the bank, and not spending until tomorrow. i AM losing weight, altho' who can tell, since i don't have new batteries in the scale. and i AM getting healthier if it kills me!
thanks, judy! i love being positive!
ljs--welcome back! you can still get all of our sage advice and encouragement even if you're not in the running for the q's. glad to have you!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:53 AM

Smart aleck. I knew it was too quiet around here today. BTW, congrats on your sussie. Serendipity.

I AM going to go straighten the latest sewing room before my exercise program comes on. See ya'.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:13 AM

It's Taboo Tuesday! Pam asked me to oversee this new weight loss helper. The first taboo, thanks to Pam is NO SNACKS for the week, this means the two during the day and the bedtime one. As always, it's up to you if you chose to follow this taboo. If you want to suggest a future taboo please PM me with them. I'll pick a new one each Tuesday and will use the other suggestions as needed.Let's make it happen, Ladies!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:20 AM

Happy Tuesday everyone, other than the fact I've got the bug going around! No snacks for a week - yipes, my stomach just growled at that lol, I will try my best to stay away from them. DH just walked by eating a piece of chocolate may need some help in hiding his body!

Am I the only one that isn't getting msgs when this link is updated? My box is marked to watch this topic.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:27 AM

Glad to hear you made it through surgery well Cindy, and I hope your recovery goes well and with speed for you. :-)

I know one of the ladies mentioned if we cook differently for our families. Currently my husband is altering his diet to lower his triglycerides and his weight, and I am trying to lower my weight too. So, we have been trying to alter our meals for the whole family to healthier choices.

We have been eating meatless meals a couple of days a week (with alternative protein), and when we do have meat we have fish, chicken, or turkey. He's dropped 24 lbs so far, and I'm down 11 total. We both have salads for lunch most of the week, and a decent breakfast.

I think the hardest part for me was kicking the sugar habit, since most of my snacks were sugary. I can't wait until I can move down a size in clothing. How much weight loss does it take to change clothing sizes?

Keep up the good work ladies!
Old 10-04-2011, 12:22 PM

NO SNACKS??? Can you hear my screams? Does this mean I have to start eating regular meals? It may be time to start one of those six meal a day diets. Nah, I'll give it my best shot. Thank you, Pam and Dody.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:27 PM

That would be me. Just DH & I here ...he's fine with whatever we have to eat.Poor guy...he'd just as leave have the good stuff...but doesn't say so.We do our own thing for brfast...cereal or hard boiled egg for me...a few cookies or cereal for him.
Lunch for me is a wrap sandwich with hummus & good lettuce, sometimes with cottage cheese or salad on the side.He prefers bread & usuually has a pudding or applesauce.
We have the same dinner with a few changes for me. I've cut way back on meat & measure pasta or other starch.My only "bread" is the lunch wrap.
He has a snack in the eve, mine is usually fruit.

We had lunch out & I had a coney with small bowl of veg soup.Tasted so good.Later I'll have a serving of high fiber cereal.

When it comes to snacks,it works best for me to allow for them when needed,usually when a meal has been too light.

I am losing, but don't know how much. Scales aren't my friend :-D

TV today said low fat chopped steak can be lower in fat than turkey.They have so many ways to trip us up!
Stay strong,we can do this.....

I know one of the ladies mentioned if we cook differently for our families. Currently my husband is altering his diet to lower his triglycerides and his weight, and I am trying to lower my weight too. So, we have been trying to alter our meals for the whole family to healthier choices.

We have been eating meatless meals a couple of days a week (with alternative protein), and when we do have meat we have fish, chicken, or turkey. He's dropped 24 lbs so far, and I'm down 11 total. We both have salads for lunch most of the week, and a decent breakfast.

I think the hardest part for me was kicking the sugar habit, since most of my snacks were sugary. I can't wait until I can move down a size in clothing. How much weight loss does it take to change clothing sizes?

Keep up the good work ladies![/quote]
Old 10-04-2011, 12:36 PM

Irish
We did not even discuss the bed rest. We discussed medication alternatives and how long I'd be in the hospital. This coumadin thing makes all the situation a little different.

He did not discuss the Statin drugs at all. The PH is taking precendence over everything else. He had some encouragement and said that the CPAP can sometimes slow the progression of the PH over a year or so. The big issue we find out Friday is IF there is a year or so available. This is a straight from the hip doc. I love him!