Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-06-2011, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H
Sheila, I plan to try your dressing recipe....sounds really good. I like to use only balsamic vinegar sometimes for a dressing.
Here's the sweatshirt jacket I have been working on the past few days. I will take it to my mil next weekend. I sure hope it fits her. She is so tiny!
This is really great! My BFF would love this, she stays cold all the time. Did you have to deconstruct the sweatshirt to make this?
Old 10-06-2011, 02:33 PM

On the topic of nicknames...My real name is Melissa but I have been called Missy my whole life. My honey Cathie likes to call me Melissa. Either is great for me.

I so LOVE that sweatshirt!!

Missy
Old 10-06-2011, 02:41 PM

Yes, MJ, I cut the sweatshirt all apart, covered it with fabric and then sewed it back together. This was pretty easy since I used a jelly roll so my strips were already cut. I also used purchased bias tape.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:43 PM

my real name is nanci, middle initial a, so that makes nancia. in fourth grade there were 4 of us nancy(i)'s in my class and we all sat in the same corner. when the teacher asked a question and called on nancy, whichever one of us knew the answer would respond. lol . i'm sure it frustrated him alot, but that didn't occur to me at the time. since i became a teacher i can only remember 1 nancy. the name has certainly gone out of favor. nanci with an i is pretty uncommon in my age group (60). my family called me schmance.
we are having salmon tonight and i am jazzed! every now and then i just get on a salmon kick! i use pam spray (olive oil) s+p, lemon juice and when i have it, dill. not very unique, but incredibly yum! ds has to work out his own dinner as he refuses to eat anything that lives in water. silly boy! i will make sweet potato sticks to go with it, and something else. mmmmm, making myself hungry! i love when we put pictures and recipes on here! and i agree it is fun to know real first names. today was a lay-a-bed day. just feeling complainy. get my head examined tonight. how many times have people said i should!!lol! i will be out of touch tonight since i am very claustrophobic and need sedatives to have the mri. i'm sure to sleep tonight! do we have any nurses on this site now that cindy is recuperating? i'm wondering if my flushot site is infected. it has grown and is red and hot. it could be a normal reaction, i don't know. this is only the second time i've been able to have one, and it didn't do this last time. i'll just keep an eye on it. if my arm falls off i will let you know! that could impede my quilting! oh no!
Old 10-06-2011, 02:58 PM

Try eating fresh veggies or fruit. I also love smoothies, they are healthy and don't raise my glucose levels.
Hope this helps, Penny
Old 10-06-2011, 03:39 PM

nanci, I've had a similar reaction several times. As long it confines itself to the upper arm, I don't worry.

Is yours an open MRI machine? I think the Valium and the open machine were Godsends for me in June, but it was my lower spine, not my head, that needed examining. I could look out some wide windows and see pretty trees in the evening sunshine while the machine was doing its thing.

Pam, H. That's a very pretty jacket. Your MIL will love it.

Judy here. Judith to be exact. Try being born when Judy Garland was singing, "Over the Rainbow'. 100 in my graduating class, so 50 girls. 5 of us were Judy. My best friend and I were both Judy H.

Starving today, so I must be getting better. I finished my faux Pasta Primevara, so what's next?? It may be a good time to get out of the kitchen. The salmon and sweet potatoes sounds wonderful.

I have a $15 card to spend at the LQS. Do I get a circle template I've been eyeing or do I save it for my next necessary purchase?

Lynne, thank you for reminding me that I forgot a label for my DD's quilt. I avoid hand sewing like the plague, but I will gladly do that. I also need to quickly learn candlewicking to complete a block for the bazaar quilt. I need Laura's quilt out of here. The longer it lays on the back of the couch, the more it wants to stay here. Label tonight, delivery with a pineapple up side down cake tomorrow.

Answer to question: No, you don't have to post your weight or your losses. Those are optional, but we do like to hear them. Nothing succeeds like success, plus once it's posted it's more real and less likely to go up, in my case. I'm down 2 pounds - so now it's in print and not allowed to go back up.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:04 PM

Lynne, if you want to do the CS in a weekend, check these two sites for further directions, though I didn't do my HSTs this way. Avlyn.http://www.avlyn.com/media/projects/...sion_quilt.pdf

Print this one in grayscale. then you can draw all over it. http://www.maryquilts.com/wp-content...-Star-rev1.pdf
Old 10-06-2011, 04:15 PM

Hi everyone, I got a recipe from
my sister today and made it for supper. It was so good. It's Teryaki Chicken Stirfry. Quick and easy.

10oz.can Chicken Beast (looks like a can of tuna)
1 small Onion diced
1 Red Bell Peper diced
1 cup Shredded Carrots
1 can Mushrooms (Fresh can be used)
2 Tb. Soy sauce (low sodium)
16oz. bag of frozen Brocolli and Cauliflower (steamed)
1/4 cup Teryaki sauce
1 serving cooked Whole Wheat pasta

Cook pasta and drain. Set aside.
In a skillet saute chicken, onions, pepers, and mushrooms. I only use Pam spray in the skillet.
Add Soy sauce to pan and heat.
Add steamed veggies and carots.
Add pasta and Teryaki sauce and heat thoroghly.
Serve and enjoy.
This makes about 4 servings.
About 350 calories

I forgot to add the carrots but it was good anyway. I don't eat onions and perpers. So that's why you don't see them.

1 serving
[ATTACH=CONFIG]267256[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-267203.jpe  
Old 10-06-2011, 04:26 PM

Okay I'm upset. I have been buying smooth mix at Sam's Club in the freezer section for a while now. They are healthy, low carbs, and don't increase my glucose levels and are super easy to make. Well anyway, Sam's here has quit carrying them, they are alot more expensive at Kroger and Walmart.
Does anyone on here have a good fruit smoothie recipe. I bought some of the cheaper brands and they were not as good.
If you do please let me know! Thanks, Penny
Old 10-06-2011, 04:41 PM

well since I was in the hospital on the first and not sure of what my weight was on that day. I was going to use the last know weight I know of from my admission to the hospital if that is ok with everyone. If not I will just be here for encouragement and support. Please let me know what you all think I should do. I want to be fair and honest.

Thanks for your input here.

Blessings
Cindy