Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-18-2011, 03:34 AM

Years ago, my sis in law had our family to Thanksgiving dinner.She hated cooking & we have many stories about that.How anyone can raise 4 children & basically never cook, is beyond me.

Anyway,she made 2 cream pies using instant pudding & water in place of milk.The watery stuff,with sogged out grahm cracker crust wasn't a pretty site.
Her turkey was 1/2 done ...with bag of giblets still frozen inside the turkey......UGH

Dad hated eating away from home & don't think he ever did after that LOL LOL
Old 11-18-2011, 03:45 AM

I'm sad to hear about your son choosing a life without his family.Such things are more common than we know.My sis in law was a lot like that,but lived in same town.A friends son was divorced & didn't/doesn't pay child support for his 3yr old son.The Grparents haven't seen the Grson in 2 1/2 yrs,because his ex wife is mad at him & the world.A neighbor is going thru same thing.
On the other hand,our DDs ex family in law didn't keep in touch with DD & Grdau after her divorce.So Grdau has 2 aunts,cousins she never met.The Grmother has passed away.They don't know all they missed with this delightful Grdau.It's ok tho,as she thinks her Grparents who've always been in her life,hung the moon. LOL ...Our only Grdau & we're so very proud of her.
Just things that happen in our lives that we can only get thru.Hope your Grsons will be in touch when they can.

Originally Posted by Murphy1 View Post
Ten pounds isn't going to happen for me. I am hoping for 5.
I love Thanksgiving, and look forward to this holiday more than the others because it is about family. We are a very small group, so it means lots when we can get together. The sad part is my son married a girl who wanted him and not the rest of the clan. Now that they have two little boys, she really has the power and it is all her family and he has thrown his under the bus. They have been married 7 years and I haven't seen them in 2. He doesn't even send pictures so I have no idea what they look like at 2 and 4 years of age. I reflect on how my husband and I made sure that both sets of parents were part of our lives. Sadly we lost our parents when we were in our 30's. It amazes me that he just threw his away. I wonder if he will ever realize or care that his side of the family is not a part of his or his boys lives. Oh, well. I still send gifts that are not acknowledged, hoping that someday he will wake up and remember the Mom, Dad and Sister and Aunt that were a big part of his life for 32 years. Sorry, I get sad at this time of year, knowing this hole in my heart has a hard time healing.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:40 AM

Well I am sitting on the same weight I started with this month. Two days ago I was just so hungry all day, and then yesterday I was thinking mmm I want prime rib for Christmas. I rarely eat beef, but I just think cravings were kicking in. I read on the Daily Beast that Pres. Clinton and Chelsea are now vegan. That really seems like a difficult diet to follow. I think I would really have a tough time without eggs, butter, cheese.

Thanks for the kind comments regarding my son. I keep telling myself it isn't healthy to fret over what you can't change.I finished one lap quilt for the two year old, Cody, and just have the binding to do on the 4year old Luke's quilts for Christmas. The theme for both quilts is Hot Wheel cars. I also made some really cute mug rugs for Santa's Cookies yesterday. I will post tomorrow.

Going to the River City Quilt Show this morning and then sewing with a friend the rest of the day. Decided since it is suppose to rain, I will just bring hand sewing rather than haul my machine. Have a wonderful, eating healthy day.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:44 PM

Where are you hiding Missy and MJ, we haven't heard anything from you two in a while. Praying all is going well for you both.

Today was a good day for me, after therapy today did some grocery shopping and took my time going around walmart since they dont have many motorized carts. Got one when I was at sam's with no problem. Felt exhausted when all that was done.

Need to go get some new sneakers tomorrow as the ones i have no longer give support. Looking to get some skeetchers.

Have a great weekend and remember we are in control of wht we put in our mouth.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by plainpat View Post
Years ago, my sis in law had our family to Thanksgiving dinner.She hated cooking & we have many stories about that.How anyone can raise 4 children & basically never cook, is beyond me.

Anyway,she made 2 cream pies using instant pudding & water in place of milk.The watery stuff,with sogged out grahm cracker crust wasn't a pretty site.
Her turkey was 1/2 done ...with bag of giblets still frozen inside the turkey......UGH

Dad hated eating away from home & don't think he ever did after that LOL LOL

oh how funny!!!!!! Maybe she is just wicked smart....I bet she wasn't asked to cook much.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:44 AM

another pound dropped, but still not close to 10 for the month. How is everyone doing?
Old 11-19-2011, 07:49 AM

Just sitting there. I will try hard the rest of the week. Monday will be here too soon. I guess sitting is better than climbing up, but I want a drop. Lots of water today.
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
another pound dropped, but still not close to 10 for the month. How is everyone doing?
Old 11-19-2011, 12:01 PM

Does anyone have a recipe for low cal pizza? I have a flour tortilla and wondered if anyone has tried it before or any ideas how to make pizza for dieting.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:36 PM

I have made pizza on a flour tortilla. I bake it a couple of minutes first to crisp it up. My current favorite low cal pizza is to take a portabella mushroom and break off the stem and scrape out the gills with a spoon. Then either bake or grill it until done. Grilling is my favorite. I take a can of tomatoes with garlic olive oil and basil and cook it down until pretty dry. Put it on the mushroom crust, top with a little cheese, chopped turkey pepperoni or whatever pizza topping you like. Pop in the oven or grill to melt cheese. YUM!
Old 11-19-2011, 01:41 PM

I missed my official weigh in this morning. I was doing a 5K. I help coach girls on the run. A program to teach girls the value of exercise and to teach them about a healthy lifestyle and self esteem. Our race was today. I don't run. My girls did really well. I walked the 5 K in 42:30 with a torn meniscus in my knee. My goal was to finish in under 45 minutes. I am happy with my results. Unofficially I am down another 2 pounds. My home scale isn't that accurate. Will try to weigh in on Monday.