Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim) >

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Old 12-09-2011, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317 View Post
Hi all

I just had a thought! Amazing isn't it!

Would It help if the winner posted who sent their fat quarter. then it would keep everyone accountable.

Just a thought see what you think.

Lisa
I like this, or I like Createfourpaws posting at the first of the month when she received them...we are still voting on this topic...
Old 12-09-2011, 04:04 PM

Default mailed out FQ to Susan...

Susan,
be on the lookout for your FQ. Was picked up by the mailman yesterday.

Please let me know when it arrives.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:42 PM

My fat quarter was finally mailed today. It has been sitting here for a week ready to go. I thought my husband had mailed it. GRRRR! I know he has been to the post office several times this week. I don't know why it was sitting here. Sorry.
MJ I hope your health improves. You and everyone are in my prayers. Good luck to Ethan on getting his seizures under control. I had never heard of that diet. It sounds awful. But I guess once you get used to it it might not be so bad. I hope everyones health improves.
I don't always work out that much like I did yesterday. It just happened to be one of those days. I have been doing 30 to 40 minutes 4 or 5 days a week on my elliptical trainer. I have found that I do better if I do my exercise in the morning. Even though I hate to get up in the morning. I am a night person. When I was trying to do my exercise at night I always had an excuse why I couldn't do it. I have been geting up at 5:15 AM and making my lunch and my husbands to wake me up. Then hop on the elliptical, then shower and breakfast and go to work. I try to take a nap for about 30 minutes either before or after dinner. Then off to my sewing room. The exercise seems to be helping to cancel out some of my bad food choices.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:11 AM

i thought i had signed up for december, but i guess i didn't. my mom passed last night so i will probably be doing some emotional eating for a bit. i have decided to let the issues concerning mom go with her. and hopefully that will allow me to let go of them as well. i will audit this thread for this month, and get back to being accountable in january! don't forget me !! my thoughts and prayers for those who are struggling with physical, emotional or spiritual issues. i wish you all the happiest of holidays!
Old 12-10-2011, 04:31 AM

Nancia so sorry to hear about your mom. Even with attached emotional issues it is extra hard to loose someone around the holidays. There are often a lot of deep emotional issues surrounding a parent. Yes please burry all the bad ones with her and only keep the good ones. A friend of mine who had a rough life with her mother wrote her mom a letter about them and buried them with her. It was recommended by her therapist. SHe said it helped a lot. She kept reminding herself that she had put all her issues away with her mom. You will be in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:38 AM

Good morning everyone. I've been kind of lacks in posting and I'm sorry for that. I know I won't get caught up on everyone but I'll try to get as many as I can remember. I try to take notes while I'm reading through the thread but I not always so good at that. Please don't feel that I'm just ignoring you because I don't mean to.

Pam H., My prayers are with Ethan. That's an awful diet they put him on. I hope it works.

Susan, Your FQ went out yesterday morning so you should get it soon. Please let me know when you get it.

Pinsninks- welcome back. Please don't give up on us. Give us another try.

Cindy - Thanks for the back up support on the thread. I know your a big help to MJ. How's your rehab coming?

MJ - Sorry to hear about the latest set back. My prayers are with you. I'm still struggling with Sundays. The endocrinologist told me that I was what was known as a non-symptomatic diabetic and I needed to eat like I had full blown diabetic symptoms. She said I needed to be on a strict food plan and get back on my exercise plan. So I trying to get back to where I was before but as you know it's not easy.

nancia - I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I know there were difficult times but you made it through and it's a good idea you have to bury you problems with her. My prayers will be with you.

I hope everyone has a good day. God Bless. One Day At a Time.

Jeanne
Old 12-10-2011, 10:53 AM

Nancia, it was good to hear from you. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it has been very difficult for you and hope that you will finally have peace of mind. I've been in your position and eventually the feelings do fade. Take care of YOU during this holiday season.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:12 PM

First of all I want to apologize for not posting lately. Had a major computer malfunction and it is taking forever to get cleaned up and caught up. Fortunately between DH and DS I have a great Geek Squad so no data was lost.

Okay here are my thoughts on the proposed changes:
1. I'm not a huge fan of mailing at the first of the month, I think it is making extra work and expense. I believe we should continue on the honor system. Having said that, I also believe there should be consequences for those who don't follow through. It could be banning them from winning in the future, or treating it like a swap and giving them negative feedback. I also like the idea of last month's winner posting when she receives FQs.
2. I like keeping it monthly, and I also like the suggestion of not being able to win the first month you join.
3. I think we should continue with the requirement that you post on the thread. This is supposed to be a place to come for encouragement, not just to win FQs. I know it helps me to have that nudge to make me do more than just lurk. Frequently I am reading this in the evening and am so tired that the mental fog has settled in and I have trouble getting my thoughts down.
Of course whatever the group decision, I will go along.

Lisa I giggled at what you said about being so far off the wagon you can't see it, I think I gained so much weight in November I broke the wagon!

It sounds like a number of members, past and present, have felt invisible just like Nancy. I know at times I have as well. In my case I think it is because I post so seldom. So how do we solve this problem, any ideas?

Beachbound I agree that I wish I could lose pounds as easily as I lose my train of thought!

MJ my goodness, sending you lots of hugs!

Pam I've heard great things about the ketone diet, I will be praying for Ethan. I was a basket case when my son went to Japan for 2 weeks, I can't imagine him being that far away all the time. I am sending you many, many hugs.

Nancia so sorry about your mom, I know it wasn't until after my mom died that I could finally put to rest our issues. It seems like it made it easier somehow to remember the good and let the bad go. I hope you can find peace too.

Now for my good news, I have lost most of the weight I gained in November! Yippee!
Old 12-10-2011, 02:44 PM

thank you for all the support. i appreciate it more than you can know. i have talked to all my kids and they are doing well. i'm grateful for that as well. the memorial service will be in january. mom's remains are at harvard teaching young medical students. then her ashes will be returned and she will be mixed with dad. they were married 60 yrs and adored each other.we found dad's loveletters to her, but he threw away the one's she wrote so he would know he had answered it. would have loved to have had both sides of the romance!
i'm having my "morning" yogurt, key lime pie, yum!
i haven't caught up yet on the beginning of this thread. looks like some changes are being proposed so guess i better do some reading. as arnold says.."i will be baaack." keep plugging! every pound has 16 little ounces, lose those and you've lost a pound. just 4 more and it's a pound and a quarter, four more and , it's a pound and a half. ounces are very little and a lot easier to lose. Go for it! the first bite is the best. the calories are in the rest! yay for the losses!!
Old 12-10-2011, 03:51 PM

Hugs to Nancia, you sound like you have a great attitude, hang in there Sweetie!