Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem >

Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Jan 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! - the winners were Jholm and Purplemem

Old 01-12-2012, 05:23 AM

I always keep a bag of shredded cabbage and shredded lettuce in the fridge, it make a nice quick salad when I need one, I like cabbage in my salad cause it's nice and crunchy
Originally Posted by Jeannette in NJ View Post
Hi all,
I have not been having a good month so opened this site for inspiration and got it.
Some one commented on her oreo and ?? (looked back but cannot find the post I read) diet that is not working. It made me laugh and I needed a laugh.
Another person posted using brussel sprouts because a head of cabbage is too large for her. I frequently use the preshredded cabbage that is sold for coleslaw, it comes in different size bags and a lot of the work is done.
I have been thinking of making a low cal soup. We are all thinking along the same lines.
Wishing you all a day of sticking to your plan.
Jeannette in NJ
Old 01-12-2012, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
short an sweet-- i missed the discussion about the soup. what magazine is it in? i'd like to try it. my oreos and caramel egg cream diet isn't working. i know, go figure!! oh yeah, i had lobster nearly every meal, and no butter or bread or chips. shoulda lost tons! TONS! I tell ya!
ROTF! Girl, I think I was on your diet last week. It dawned on me yesterday that since I was getting any sleep I was popping food in my mouth to get engery to continue. hmmmm, not a great plan since I gained 3 pounds...made it thru the holidays with no weight gain but a surgery for my dh put me under. It is amazing how important rest is for our bodies. Okay..today I start over~ once again.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:40 AM

Hi all!

Weight loss this month so far is now 4 lbs. Yeah me! I bought this new tea and its supposed to be a detox tea so maybe its working who know for sure? Perhaps its the tea or maybe the extra walking I'm putting in or the smaller portions I using? two pounds in two days is probably water weight but its still two pounds.

Irish I'll take any advice you can give. I need to get past the fears I developed living in an abusive marriage for the past twenty five years. My divorce is in the process and he is away for now. so any help is welcome.

Nancia I love the stories of your little Olivia!

Lisa
Old 01-12-2012, 07:42 AM

Cindy

i love your new photo!

Lisa
Old 01-12-2012, 03:08 PM
mim

Lisa, you can do it!! I had 28 years and walked out with nothing except my life. The judge was angry with me for not demanding more, but my life was more important than having a vengeful guy trying to get "his" money back.

Take an adult ed course, do something to change your view, go to work, if you don't already, Go to a self help group anything that will brighten the day -- and lean on us all.

Mim

Bad things happen - but life is good.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by ljs317 View Post
Cindy

i love your new photo!

Lisa
Thanks Lisa
Old 01-12-2012, 03:24 PM

I received about 5 more fq's when I went to the po box today. Still waiting on about 7 more for everyone to have theirs in. Right now we have 16 FQ's for the winner. I will get a picture of them so you can see what is coming your way if you are the winner.

IF they are not here soon I will send a PM to each person I have not heard from to find out the status.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:29 PM

I had a good week last week but this week isn't going very well. I have had a junk food attack several days. I had peanut butter filled pretzels and Nutella last night. I tried to eat a little more dinner tonight to ward off the munchies later. We are expecting snow tonight. Yeah! We haven't had any snow this year and I love snow. Also love the day off of school. All of the talk about vegetable soup has me hungry for some. I think I will get the stuff to make "too good to be true stew." I was given the recipe by a friend and wasn't sure about it. The recipe has tons of tomatoes. I was sure my family would whine about it but they love it. Very filling and low cal.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:11 AM

Hello,all Been trying to catch up. Try CDKitchen for the WW soup recipe.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:36 AM

I lost 2 of the 3 pounds already, whew...maybe jumping back on plan is working for me. I plan on staying upstairs...away from food today.

Hang in there Ladies, we are getting there...some are just quicker than others!