Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!! >

December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

Old 12-16-2013, 05:33 PM

MY furnace is fixed, so it is warm in here. My neighbor fixed it so only $50 plus I need to get him some beer. I have a lot to finish before Christmas. I have a lot of my gifts already wrapped this is a first for me. I am usually frantically wrapping on Christmas eve or really late at night on Christmas eve. I really need to stay out of the treats at work. I was munching on some caramel stuff at lunch. It wasn't even very good.
MY Dh just came home and is really crabby. It must be time to go hide in my sewing room.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:47 PM

Amazing how busy everyone is. Good to hear everyone's story and to hear what others are doing to get ready for the holidays. No batiks for me. The harder I try to keep on my diet the worse my behavior becomes. I am so weak! I wish everyone else good luck. This has to be the hardest month to diet that there is - so good luck. Stay warm and happy. Keep the stories coming. I love to hear them. OBTW! My GGD birthday is tomorrow. Her dad has her from 5 -8 p.m. They are bringing her to my house for a mini birthday party. Just cake and ice cream with her parents and grandma. They are coming here so that I may give her her quilt. I hope she loves it. Hope to get a photo to share. She will be 8 tomorrow. She wont be here for Christmas. Her mother is taking her to Philadelphia so we will have a formal Christmas and birthday party for her on Dec. 28th. Will miss having her with us. Love to all.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:50 AM

You enjoy yourself littlebitoheaven. That sound wonderful and what child does not love a quilt? Especially one made by Grandma.
I am thrilled to say that the embroidery for my daughter's secret santa gift is done! The coat she gave me to mend is done as well for her special needs patients. Now onto the MIL and FIL towels. I just can't find a good one for the wash cloth to match the Harley Santa and Mrs on bath towels, with a clothing for each on lines on the hand towels. Ideas welcome. Thinking maybe a little santa hat on each. Hers are pink and his are blue. Maybe a his and hers on the wash cloths?
Tonight is quilting so will get th tree skirt strips sewn and cut and maybe, if I stay real studious, the wedges sewn together. Just need to finish one skirt, not the two I have going.

Finished up shopping last night with hubby on one child, so that is two down and two to go. If I could remember how to do a pillow case, I would finish that one for a child. It has the sexy men on it for her, she is 20 and very single, glad she is right now anyway.
well off to work for the day. Lots to do to get caught up so I can hopefully finish up some binding in the office if need be.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:22 AM

QuilterMomma, there are a lot of tutorials out there for pillowcases. I tried to find one and post a link for you but my internet is not cooperating. But thanks for the great idea. I want to get one made for my daughter. She will be home for Christmas from France. This would be a nice little thing she can easily pack and a remembrance of home and her mama.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:37 AM

QM, Here's the simplest one. If you want a contrast between the two fabric, add a 1" folded strip to the large piece before you do anything else.
http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/millio...s/RollItUp.pdf
I don't know why you need one more thing to do. Easy, girl. The cold may be your body's way of telling you to slow down.

Rushing around like a chicken with my head cut off. I found a dishwasher but my friend who is going to install it doesn't know if he's going to do it tomorrow or Thursday. It's hard for me to be patient, but either is okay - I just like to know. Then the furniture store called to tell me my sectional arrived early. Thank goodness the old one is out and the carpet cleaned. I will be glad to see the furniture. The name the saleslady wrote on the order isn't the same one England uses in their advertising. I'm expecting red velvet in a retro style. What am I getting????

I need to watch out for mindless eating. It's too easy during busy times not to plan 'good' meals and to grab a handful of candy instead of a tangerine.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.

Last edited by irishrose; 12-17-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:32 AM

Went & saw the Transiberian Orchestra over the weekend. What a fantastic show. It was the 3rd time we've seen them & they never disappoint. It was snowing so hard downtown & we had such fun walking around Cleveland looking at the lights.

I'm finishing up on a few quilted gifts today. Next I'm off to start my wrapping. My daughter gets here on Fri so I want to be done by then. She & I can do some baking together. She can help me with cards too! If I don't get to either of those tasks it's not the end of the world. I am not going to stress over it.

I challenged myself to use up some of my fabric the past few years. I am usually a "project" buyer and didn't have too big of a stash- some, but nothing compared to other people's that I've seen. I had plenty of scraps though. I've done pretty well working with what I have & utilizing my scraps. Yesterday I was looking for some fabric for a project & realized how little I had on hand. So, I've come to the realization that I need to buy some fabric!! Yay!
Old 12-17-2013, 10:39 AM

I have been enjoying having my son home. We have both been sick with colds and coughs.
Yesterday we fixed a "Thanksgiving" turkey dinner, since Wil missed it. I have been eating way too much of everything I should not be eating. I am sure that I will have a gain this month, again.
My middle daughter and grand sons did not make it to our dinner cause the boys were sick. That's a bummer!!! We were hoping to get a family photo but........
Maybe on Saturday. We should all be together again for my littlest grand son's birthday. He will be one on Friday.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 12-17-2013, 08:10 PM

Here is the pincushion I made for the gift exchange at my guild. Now I just need to find the time to make one for myself. It is an Amy Bradley design. I also added a picture i=of the quilt I am making my DD and SIL for Christmas. It won't be finished in time.
Attached Thumbnails dsc01203.jpg   dsc01205.jpg   dsc01204.jpg   dsc01208.jpg  
Old 12-18-2013, 07:36 AM

We are still in an ice box here. (Illinois) Over the weekend it was too icy to go anywhere, and everything was canceled. We opted to go sledding and build snowmen. My husband pulls us behind his four wheeler. We live in town but next to an alley that's never used, especially when there's snow. My 17 year old son told me after sledding, "I don't know why we buy video games and tv. This is the best fun ever". =D

My husband had a sledge hammer fall and land on his foot. We are going for xrays today. =s

It's still cold outside so I'm keeping warm inside. The kids and I working hard on their schooling through the winter so they get a longer summer. lol Whatever motivates. =D

Happy wednesday.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:06 AM

Meanmon, that pincushion is so cute!
Jan, ouch! for your poor hubby's foot
The new carpet is being installed in my bedroom today. The bathroom is coming along. Just some finishing things to do. The mirror will be installed tomorrow. Still waiting on the counter top. Looks like the end of the month for it to be all done. Can't wait to sleep in my bed again!