July weight loss

Old 07-27-2014, 07:43 PM

It has been a pretty quiet month on here.
Hubby got home today from his bike ride across Iowa. He is worn out and a bit crabby.
I entered 3 quilts in our local quilt show. The quilts need to be turned in next week. One of my quilts still needs to be quilted. oops! I have it sandwiched and it is just a table topper so it shouldn't take too long. I seem to need a deadline to get things finished sometimes.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:20 AM

3 more morning weigh-ins! I do want tthe batiks!!!!!! Fingers crossed.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:35 PM

August Weight Loss
Old 07-30-2014, 04:51 AM

Tomorrow is the last day of the month. Don't forget to PM me your loss. I have my BIL and SIL staying with me for a week. Usually this means out of control snacks and miscellaneous junk food. Not this year. My BIL is on a really strict, doctor ordered diet and is actually behaving himself. He has numerous health issues. He had gastric bypass surgery years ago and had gained all of his weight back and then some. The dr basically told him he was lucky he was still alive with what he had going on. He was on a 500 calorie a day diet, the dr has upped it to 800 a day now. He is down 40 pounds so far. I am downstairs and he has so much cologne on it is choking me.We are going on a 1 1/2 hour car trip. I hope I don't choke to death.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:26 AM

we have company like that, friends from England we love, but he is absolutely permeated with whatever scent he wears.
I expect they don't notice, he has used the same scent for the 35+ years we've known them. We take the guest mattress outside to air out in the garage after they leave.

On the other hand I was a smoker for 20+ years, and I remember to my horror, lighting up a cigarette in non-smokers homes or cars without a second thought.

I don't know what I lost as I don't write down my weight anywhere. I'm happy though, and thinking forward to bad fall weather I added a 1/2 hour yoga into my mix this morning. I Love Yoga.
Sharyn/KalamaQuilts
Old 07-30-2014, 11:24 AM

I don't do well with strong scents. If someone sits near me in church or someplace who wreaks of perfume or cigarettes I have to move or I will get a migraine.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:14 PM

I don't do well with heavy cologne or cigarette smells, either. Some perfumes I'm ok with, it just depends.

Well, I've lost a whole whopping 1 lb! Better than gaining, and I was just on a short vacation, so I won't fret about it.

Pat, are you canning this summer? I'm putting some things in the freezer, but I haven't canned anything yet.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:53 AM

Unhappy

I am so confused and sad that I probably won't win the Batiks. Yesterday, I couldn't wait, I stepped on the scale for a sneak peek -- wow! 6.5 lbs down. Last night my dreams were of what I would make with the Batiks. This morning I gladly stepped on the scale only to see a 2.5 lb weight loss. I restepped and gasp ---- it was still 2.5 lbs. How could one gain 4 lbs overnight? Am so tempted to get a hot fudge sundae and drown myself..but I won't. Back to the drawing board. Kudos in advance to the winner and think of me when you use the fat quarters!
Old 07-31-2014, 11:11 AM

Pete, since today is the last day of July you can weigh in tomorrow morning for July's weight loss. Stay on track. Perhaps you are retaining water? One thing you can try is having a TBSP of Apple Cider Vinegar in a cup of water. You could have it at least two times today to try and flush some fluids. I know I did not win the batiks but considering I was vacationing. for two weeks and had to be inactive for a couple of days after getting home due to a sore knee I am happy to still be down one pound for the month and not up 10. I was actually up 4 when i got home but have happily gotten back on track and lost that plus one.

Good Luck.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:43 PM

Yes I am canning this summer. I have made 25 quarts of tomato juice so far. I also canned 11 pints of tomatoes on Tuesday. I have frozen some corn but the big batch to freeze will be ready in a couple of weeks. We are having trouble with our green beans this year. My DH was having some problem getting them to come up. The seeds are old. Then when they do come up the rabbits have a feast. We should also have those in a few weeks. My friend dries tomatoes and keeps them in the freezer. SHe says they hold up so much better in cooking. It looks like we will have a huge glut of tomatoes this year so i will probably try that.
Last time my BIL was here we could smell his cologne for more than a month after he left. Luckily it is a room we don't really use. I swear he must have spilled it in the bathroom. I cleaned it thoroughly and could still smell it for a long time. Luckily it doesn't seem to be one of the colognes that trigger my allergies.