Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone want to quilt with me today? >

Anyone want to quilt with me today?

Anyone want to quilt with me today?

Old 01-01-2015, 09:26 AM

Dina- your quilt is darling. I think the white binding will work - did you try a sample of the dark blue or purple for binding?
Old 01-01-2015, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Marsh View Post
Dina- your quilt is darling. I think the white binding will work - did you try a sample of the dark blue or purple for binding?
Yes, I did, and I just auditioned white because some one on this board suggested it as a possibility. The purple would have worked fine, but this white just really said "pick me." So I did. The quilt is for me, so I will just try to not drag the white part on the floor.

Dina
Old 01-01-2015, 10:24 AM

Sun is shining, but the wind is blowing and it's cold out, so we'll be staying in today. I've been doing some hand quilting while I watch The Tudors on dvd, then I'm heading down to my sewing room to start putting together a quilt for my DGS. I've had it cut out for about 3 weeks, but working 6 days a week, and the holidays, I had to put it on hold. Perfect day for quilting!
Old 01-01-2015, 10:34 AM

I'm in. Have an old UFO that is ready to be quilted so I'm tackling that. First step is to decide how to quilt it. MJ
Old 01-01-2015, 10:35 AM

Yesterday my husband went to the SDSU basketball game with our daughter and friend so I went into my sewing room and put away all the items from the Christmas projects and it looked so nice and inviting. Tried to decide what to work on next and figured it needed to be the Double Irish Chain that has been partially hand quilted for years. (In fact, I was trying to remember when it was started and I believe it was in 2004, maybe 2003. It took me a long time to decide on all the fabrics.) I actually did some quilting. So after lunch I will go into my sewing room and start sewing with the rest of you all.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:50 AM

I'm in! It's sunny, but cold here in Ohio. DS is on a snowboard trip with friends and DH is napping. Dinner is in the crock pot - traditional pork, hot dogs, and saurkraut. Great day to quilt! I'm going to work on putting together some placemats for me, then start on a quick and easy Project Linus quilt - big squares and sashing.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:03 AM

I am working on a couple table runners I had cut out for a while. I realized when I got one top don that is is way to skinny in width so I have to look for some more of the fabric I used to put boarders on. I may have some more in My stash but I have to Look. Happy quilting to all!
Old 01-01-2015, 12:34 PM

Well, I've been trying to sew since noon and haven't accomplished much. Too busy watching the Winter Classic. Through 21 periods, I've only gotten 1 border one.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:37 PM

I have been cutting fabric for another quilt.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:42 PM

Wahoo!! Just finished whip stitching pieces of batting together for my next two quilts! It is a task I dread doing but the batting leftover pieces were really stacking up. Still have other loose pieces, but those can wait for another day!

now, I have to make a back for one quilt and have 2 waiting for binding. I am determined to get these UFOs done before starting a new one!

dina I like the white binding!!!