2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-05-2015, 07:00 PM

I'm really toying with the idea of not purchasing patterns this year...or more accuquilt dies. This thought along with the decline in fabric purchases might send me to the funny farm, but it also might let me keep some money too!
Old 01-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Power Poster

Rhonda Lee, you will definitely save some $$ if you stick to your resolve. I believe that we have so much stuff that we sometimes forget what we have. Going through my notions recently made me realize that I have some things in triplicate. Talk about money put to good use, huh? Now I try to pull out my tried and true old friends and use them in designs. Makes me appreciate what I have and renews my attitude toward not adding (well, not adding much anyway).
Old 01-05-2015, 07:47 PM

I'm in for this moratorium, in fact, I have been trying to just use my stash for about a year now. I am constantly going thru my totes and rearranging and in so doing I have found fabric that I forgot I even had. About the only fabric I might have to buy is some black solid or TOT.

Also, love the quilt by retiredteacher09.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:05 AM

I'm in for this this year. I'm sure I can check my stash prior to buying for any future projects. I only plan on buying notions for my sewing machines, thread, needles, etc. At least for the 1st 1/2 of the year. I have no extra trips scheduled so far this year. I'll be monitoring this site through the year.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:08 PM

I am in. Now that I am back home with my daughter. She took care of the birthday 2.5 inch sqares I was in. She is excited that I join it again next year and is going to help me put fabric together for quilts. This is going to be fun. She loves the Scrap Quilts that I have made in the past. This is one I made from 2.5 inch squares
Attached Thumbnails jarenie-trachier-december-2014.jpg  
Old 01-06-2015, 09:06 PM

I'm in. I am in the process of totally rearranging/purging stash to organize and use what I already have. I have finished a baby quilt that has been on my design wall for several months. Sewn two miniature quilts from scrapage. Made a purse and a carryon bag from what I had in my stash. Am making another bag tomorrow using on hand materials, except I had to buy thread for my embroidery machine in the color I needed for it. Have begun to finish a Christmas redwork quilt that I started last year.
I am committing to finishing on hand projects and will only buy what is needed to do so. I am going to try to resist buying more and more! (JoAnn's stop sending me coupons!) No, I will use the coupons to get only necessary items!

Connie, lovely quilt!!
Old 01-06-2015, 11:54 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by joobee View Post
I'm in. I am in the process of totally rearranging/purging stash to organize and use what I already have. I have finished a baby quilt that has been on my design wall for several months. Sewn two miniature quilts from scrapage. Made a purse and a carryon bag from what I had in my stash. Am making another bag tomorrow using on hand materials, except I had to buy thread for my embroidery machine in the color I needed for it. Have begun to finish a Christmas redwork quilt that I started last year.
I am committing to finishing on hand projects and will only buy what is needed to do so. I am going to try to resist buying more and more! (JoAnn's stop sending me coupons!) No, I will use the coupons to get only necessary items!

Connie, lovely quilt!!
I'd like to see your minis. Would you share pictures?
Old 01-08-2015, 07:16 AM

Definitely count me in. Even though I shopped Black Friday sales, Christmas sales, after Christmas sales and end of the year clearances, I still seem to be in the fabric shopping mood While it was fun, I need a moratorium before the family declares an intervention on me.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:48 AM

I am going to start a mug rug for a swap on here and after I get it done I have to start a Valentine Treat bag for a swap on another site! I found a whole bunch of hot pink vinyl in my stash had forgotten I bought it a couple years ago! hee hee will post pics after I get them done!
Old 01-08-2015, 05:23 PM

I would like to join in, this sounds like a great stash buster as well as an exercise in self control. I don't have the opportunity to be a full time quilter, but when I am able to work on a project I will get creative with my stash.