Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics! >

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Old 02-14-2015, 06:17 AM

Very lovely quilts, Sheri!!
Old 02-14-2015, 06:39 AM

I didn't join in this swap but wish I had. It looks like a lot of fun!
Beautiful quilts SheriR.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:42 AM

Peg, I am glad you like the fabric (ugly and otherwise!) that I chose for you. I had the heart fabric all cut into individual FQ's to send to different folks, as well as the sewing themed fabric, but then somehow felt compelled to send it all to you! I had a feeling you might like it. Wish I would have left it intact now. lol

I hope I chose as well for my other swappers.....I've got my fingers crossed!
Old 02-14-2015, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
So you ladies are so sweet and I think we all understand each other. I knew going into making these quilts that I'd never get full value out of the project. It was a work of joy really. That being said....I even made my own niece buy fabric when she asked me to make her a quilt. I just feel it's important for one to participate partly to appreciate this kind of request. Am I making sense? With that said here are the quilts I made. The children's mother passed away four years ago, unexpectedly. My friend has been their step mom ever since. She does appreciate the feel and meaning of a quilt. She actually just wanted me to make a label to put on a fleece throw for them. "That they can even keep in college." I told her fleece wouldn't last. And I made these. I've never made a log cabin. Or quilted free motion baptist fans. Or a few other firsts these two beauties hold. I'm showing all y'all because I'm so very proud of them. They're both close to 65" square....ish.
Sheri, these quilts are beautiful. You did a wonderful job. Piecing and quilting are gorgeous.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:38 AM

Sheri I love the quilts… I especially love the first one with the big flowers and the rickrack… so cute!
Old 02-14-2015, 09:00 AM

Your log cabin is awesome!!! I've never made one either, maybe I ought to try one.

I like that big brown quilt, I think that would make a man happy! Very nice indeed. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO YOU AND YOURS!
Old 02-14-2015, 05:15 PM

Beautiful quilts Sheri!!
Old 02-14-2015, 05:25 PM

I am so curious about what I'm gonna get for Ugly fabric… can't wait to see it. LOL
Old 02-14-2015, 05:36 PM

Me too Vitality, this is the hard part.....waiting to get yours. Guess that's one reason I try to send early.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:57 AM

some people send early some on time and some a bit late. I wish I had more control over this but alas.. I am one of the last on time people to send. Not sure when that happened used to be fast too. Things happen, life happens and please be patient you will surely get your package or an angel package (of uglies is that something an angel can send? lol). send me a note next Friday if you have not gotten a package this month yet and I will double check on it for you. also include in that note please whether its uglies or regular fabrics your waiting for. If it was partnered then please try to contact them first ok? Jaba I know about your partner so no need to write to me its been taken care of!

Sign ups for next swap come out on the 18th. Cant wait to see you there. Newbies and return swappers alike. Come one come all! for the grand March fabric swap!