2016 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-20-2016, 11:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Mitch's Gram, Love the chevrons! I also hope that things improve for your family. There was a post today in the picture section
Thanks for the link, princess. I second your comments. Congrats on the finish and all my best to your hubby.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:49 PM

Laurie -- love that chevron quilt! Nice finish I've been thinking about making one of these as they always seem modern and cherry and bright.

Paper Princess -- nice find! $11.... How could one resist!

Well, I just got back from a road trip with my DD to Minnesota -- and somehow managed to not stop at the various Quilt Shops along the road...it was very tempting to make a pitstop and stretch my legs and my wallet...lol. Now to start making a few things from the fabric I have
Old 01-21-2016, 04:09 AM

I'm going to JoAnn's today with coupon. I'm suppose to get a silicon pad to make fmqing easier and gloves for the same purpose. Please keep me in your prayers that I don't see something i can't resist.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:13 AM

I am in. I would like to see what fabric I have by using up the fabric that is in front of the fabric!
Old 01-21-2016, 05:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tkhooper View Post
I'm going to JoAnn's today with coupon. I'm suppose to get a silicon pad to make fmqing easier and gloves for the same purpose. Please keep me in your prayers that I don't see something i can't resist.
Well, instead of a place that sells fabric, you could go to a garden center & get garden gloves, then run over to a place that sells kitchen ware and get a silicon baking sheet. But I don't think bed, bath & beyond takes JoAnn's coupons!
Old 01-21-2016, 06:34 AM

Laurie - lovely quilt. The green in the plaid and green fabric are very striking together. I hope you"ll get more time to quilt and less stressful days. On the plus side if hubby starts to quilt maybe he"ll like something you don't like to do. I would love to have my husband (or anyone else) sandwich the quilt. Is there anyone out there that likes that I wonder?!

Paper princess the machine would be difficult to pass up probably for any of us.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:15 AM

Wow! I envy you gals that are actually finishing your ufo's. You are a real encouragement to me.
Mitch's Gram, Your chevron looks so comfortable, congratulations on your finish. Your dh is in my prayers, I hope things will turn out good for him.
Paper princess (love your name) Thanks for the link! The quilt is beautiful and is an inspiration for those of us that want our husbands to take up quilting. I showed the quilt to my dh since he has shown interest in learning to quilt. Just can't get him to move off the couch and put his book down or turn sports off.
I have finished row #2 on my ufo only 5 more to go!
Old 01-21-2016, 10:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by deedum View Post
I am in. I would like to see what fabric I have by using up the fabric that is in front of the fabric!
I totally get that. I have piles of fabric on the counter and don't dare move anything for fear of getting buried under the avalanche.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by deedum View Post
Ha! Excavation is a perfect reason.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:11 PM

Now I have to wait until DD and Mitchell get home to find out how they like the finished quilt. I mailed the chevron quilt out on Tuesday and I checked the tracking and it was delivered today. They get home later than I do, but I expect a phone call later, telling me it arrived.