2016 Fabric Moratorium

Old 11-10-2016, 09:52 PM

So if I understand this right we all need to go shopping so we will be ready to get to work on Jan1st. I guess I can make this sacrifice for the good of the game. Lol
Old 11-11-2016, 05:32 AM

It"s beautiful Krisb. She's sure to love it.
mamajack3 - one way of looking at it
Old 11-11-2016, 07:46 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mamajack3 View Post
So if I understand this right we all need to go shopping so we will be ready to get to work on Jan1st. I guess I can make this sacrifice for the good of the game. Lol
You are clever. I never looked at it that way. But then I already had my fall from the wagon when I went on my retreat.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:08 AM

It's been a long time since I posted on this thread. During this entire year I have purchased fabric twice. Once when Hancocks closed down -- something like 40 yards for less than $125.00. I counted that as my birthday exemption. The next time was last week. I'm making a Christmas Spicy Spiral tablerunner and needed three FQs to balance the colours out. I went to the brand new JoAnnes and purchased 3 one-third yard pieces on a 50% sale with an additional 25% off the whole purchase. $4.47. I can't believe I really made the whole year with just those two purchases.

Even though I don't post here often, I read a few times a month and am very impressed with everyone's restraint. Since I still have more fabric than I will ever use in my lifetime, I plan on joining this group again next year.

Last edited by Belfrybat; 11-11-2016 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:32 AM
Power Poster

Sew proud of you Belfrybat....I had a slight fall this week...I purchased a panel to use as a gift for my SIL's cabin...
Old 11-11-2016, 12:31 PM
Power Poster

I found out that my BIL's wife has to have surgery again. That poor girl is cursed with bad issues. Her favorite things are panda bears of which I don't even own a scrap of fabric. Yes, you guessed it: Placed my order this morning. Sigh! The top for BIL is already done and ready to be quilted. Can't really take him a quilt and nothing for her. Hers will also be a DP9 - just like his. Gotta keep it even.
Old 11-13-2016, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by mamajack3 View Post
I like the way you think. LOL Unfortunately I don't need any fabric right now. So I think I'm done shopping for this year. I like saving money anyway and using it for other things.

A week ago I ordered 4 = row by row kits. I wanted a wall hanging to remind me of places I have been or lived in the past. So I ordered from AK, CA, NV, Co. NJ this year. Next year I will order more to continue my places. I like the idea that we can order from shops after Nov. Since there is no way I could visit all of the shops. I usually visit shops near my location. I won't start this project until January. I'll post pic along the way once I start making the strips.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:16 PM

I have been really good and working with what I have and have bought less then maybe 60 worth of fabric in the last 3-4 months or thereabouts. And most of that was needed to finish a project or add to one that I did not have enough of. The fun part is I traded fabric this last weekend with my sister I was complaining I mean mentioning that I did not have a lot of variance of color in left over patriotic quilt. I had a bunch of left overs from several other quilts and I am turning it into one big morning star quilt. She came up with several pieces that worked with my color way. So I had to gift her with some autumn colors for her quilt so I would not be really adding
Old 11-15-2016, 03:38 AM

The brakes wore out on the car. That's one way to make sure I stay on the moratorium for the rest of the year.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by tkhooper View Post
The brakes wore out on the car. That's one way to make sure I stay on the moratorium for the rest of the year.
Positive way of looking at the bother though brakes are important. I will probably stay on moratorium through our break not only because I bought too much that went into stash this year (which its still sitting there) but because the holidays are a money eater no matter how careful I am at it not being that way.

But if possible please post picks of your finds as I'm always up for oohing and awing others fabric.